Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭horse7

Best price for Nescafé gold blend 200gr please

• Registered Users Posts: 19,770 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Does not compute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

WCC 20% Off

BIGPOPPA20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

15% off subs and accessories at Bailies

FATHERSDAY 15

Could be worth paying in advance for a 6 month / year sub

Haven't used them in a few years so don't know if they are still decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

For Velo fans:

From now until Friday, 23rd of June, when you buy 2 of our 200g single origin coffees, you can get a third bag FREE! Just use discount code "BUY2GET1" and make sure there are 3 single origin 200g bags in your order! 

*Offer only applies to single origins included in linked collection*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Bell Lane email saying prices are going up, espresso blends are starting at €20/pm for 500g, we're currently paying €28.50/kg with free shipping. Who's the best value for a kilo of beans each month now? I have a month left on my subscription, happy to pay for the year if it saves some money, even better if there's a rotation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Coffee Angel Forsa Gala is €29.84 per kilo if you subscribe, though you would just be getting the same blend every month, can cancel anytime.

WCC - 1kg single origin rotation 380 for 12 month - great value imo. They throw in some lovely stuff like honey processed and naturals etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Bro house 200g in Aldi for 4.99.

Absolutely delish

• Advertisement

Any codes or offers guys? I need a top up!

Velo again:

We know the rainy weather might be bringing you down... So treat yourself to a pick-me-up with Velo coffee!

From now until Sunday, 9th of July at midnight, you can SAVE 15% on your favourite Velo coffee! Just use discount code "RAINY15" at the checkout!

*Discount not applicable to subscriptions or brewing bundles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭2011abc

I got Into coffee as whiskey was getting too expensive .Now a year or two later it’s nearly as bad ! Bell Lane seem to be getting most of my serious coffee money lately .Jairo Arcila to die for .I had stuck with BearMrkt for a while and liked their orangey stuff..It seems that unless you pay the big bucks ie €15-20 ( and now I see Bell Lane pushing the €25 zone :-( ) per 250g bag you’re at nothing .The cheap stuff is all the same ….’just coffee ‘ ….I don’t particularly like the taste of ‘coffee’ but boys oh boys a decent pour over with a smack in the face of whatever it’s MEANT to taste of eg strawberry , blueberry , orange or those stunning figgy /dried fruit ones is worth paying for .All the bland same-ish stuff just talks of notes of nuts and caramel etc ….utter nonsense .1kg bag a bit too big for me ( and painful if you don’t like it ) Using Clever Dripper / Timemore C2 24grams per 360 ml .I’d be tempted to upgrade grinder but I’d sooner spend the dough in good beans which I know will have more of an impact

Any recommendations other than stop being such a coffee snob :-) ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Not quiet coffee but I picked up a melitta solo & perfect milk from Amazon uk for €250 from the warehouse. It was acceptable so had no manual and a new box but was perfect on arrival.

Will sell off my delongi b2c which sparked off the original thread in BA all those years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Running out here too so keeping a close eye here - I can't see any bargains at the minute.

I don't think people really check those warehouse deals but for the most part anything I've gotten was obviously just unwanted as it's either brand new or opened/used breifly and as new. The biggest savings are on electronics but I've also gotten PlayStation games too.

So unless I'm missing something, the 1kg blend is still €28.50? It's just the smaller ones that have gone up?

Their email:

"All single-origin subscriptions start at €18.00 (250g) per month. All espresso subscriptions start at €20.00 for (2 x 250g) per month"

28.50 per month for 1kg sounds pretty reasonable for a subscription. Are there any other subscriptions that'd be worth signing up for over that one?

Edit: Went with this. Can always cancel if I need to change. Picked up a small bag of Calendar Coffee to keep me going until it arrives.

Post edited by Bawnmore on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Anyone any experience with McCabes coffee, good, bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Why would you need subscription for the espresso blend though ?

• Advertisement

Just to make sure I've coffee arriving at the house monthly. It cycles through their 4 espresso blends, so something a little different every month and means I don't have to be buying bags monthly. Am I missing something here? 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

I found theirs blends quite interesting but not sure if I could drink it in a daily basis.

Will five them a go for a month or 2. I checked beforehand an it be cancelled anytime at all, so no big deal if it's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

haven't seen it stocked before in Tesco, but L'or have a range of coffebeans - Columbian and Brazilian on the shelf at 9.99 for 500g, but there was also a reduced to clear price sticker for Onyx at €5 a bag. don't know what it tastes like yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

presumably this thread is also for equipment bargains?

Amazon.de: Sage Appliances the Dose Control Pro grinder - €129

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Currently OOS

DID also have it at that price but also OOS

Doesn't this have a problem with plastic internals that wear out around the year mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Bell Lane

Use the discount code

COFFEE23

for 15% off on selected coffees

offer ends 1st October at midnight

10% off full circle coffee for the next 2 days

PAYDAY10

10% off on https://www.xn--kaffeersterei-hochschwarzwald-m5c.de/shop until 30th November with code:

Weinachten 2023

Also WCC have a complimentary bag of unreleased coffee with every order this weekend

https://twitter.com/WestCorkCoffee/status/1713237885283971491

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Sigma101

Slumber Jack espresso beans are on offer at the moment at Lidl. 500g for €4.99 (reduced from €5.99).

These are roasted in Ireland and are always fresh. They're perfectly fine for milky coffees. While they've no roast date, their use-by date is 12 months after their roast date, to the best of my knowledge. Because of the high turnover, stocks are typically no more than a couple of weeks old. I've just picked up a pack this lunchtime with a use-by date of 18/10/2024.

I'm buying these more and more, now that my favourite coffee roaster is charging a whopping €12 for just 250g of their cheapest beans.

Advertisement