Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Lego Christmas Village

• 09-10-2016 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ polydactyl

Posting this here instead of Lego forum as I am not a purist :) I just decided this year that I wanted to have a Lego Christmas village :) as a main decoration.

I planned on adding one piece each year.... But I may have more the one already. Thanks to a husband who was happy to have an easy birthday gift option and rewarding myself after finishing a PhD. There are original pieces but they are no longer in stock so cost hundreds which with one little girl, a mortgage etc etc I can't afford :) so I am making my own little village. Will prob start building in Nov.

Anyone else do this?

Here is what I have so far

Gingerbread-House

Winter-Holiday-Train

Changing-Seasons

Winter-Toy-Shop

Santa-Toy-Workshop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

Great idea. Did you see the Lego advent calendar? Argos have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,676 ✭✭✭✭ beauf

Needs lights too...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Moonbeam

polydactyl wrote: »
    Posting this here instead of Lego forum as I am not a purist :) I just decided this year that I wanted to have a Lego Christmas village :) as a main decoration.

I planned on adding one piece each year.... But I may have more the one already. Thanks to a husband who was happy to have an easy birthday gift option and rewarding myself after finishing a PhD. There are original pieces but they are no longer in stock so cost hundreds which with one little girl, a mortgage etc etc I can't afford :) so I am making my own little village. Will prob start building in Nov.

Anyone else do this?

Here is what I have so far

Gingerbread-House

Winter-Holiday-Train

Changing-Seasons

Winter-Toy-Shop

Santa-Toy-Workshop

I have the Santa train and the Christmas village , I really want some of the cute reindeer from Santa's workshop but I think that is enough for this year !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭ Milly33

wow great idea. would love to do this for the nephews.. Must cost a pretty penny alright though.. I was sick looking at the price of hte lego sets in the Smyths cat this year.. How do parents afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ polydactyl

Oh lights that's a good idea....if not too expensive must do some research. I have the city advent calendar Irishgal2000, got it for 17 euro in smyths so will add those pieces as I go along too!!

I can only justify the price as I had money saved for an extra years tuition which I don't need anymore :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭ Milly33

well done to you then a nice treat for yourself... You will have to send pics when you have them all up.. Are you buying these from Amazon or which sites do you use

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ polydactyl

Hi Milly,

Some I got off amazon, some were cheaper due to bonus items off the Lego store. I will be buying the last piece from the Lego store next week as you get another free Holiday Calendar with it so I can add those too.

Advertisement