Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jarmet 400 litre sprayer

Options
  • 08-10-2016 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi all, recently bought the above and need some help. I have never used a sprayer before..anyone got one of these..any tips...especially with the hand lance??

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭TalkingBull

keep the pressure about 2- 2.5 Bar, usually go in high second on the MF265, lower the boom to just above weeds, 80/90 oil in the pump iirc, buy a good proper spray face mask and away you go....o and do a sprayer course, youll pick up plenty of info there

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭omu

keep the pressure about 2- 2.5 Bar, usually go in high second on the MF265, lower the boom to just above weeds, 80/90 oil in the pump iirc, buy a good proper spray face mask and away you go....o and do a sprayer course, youll pick up plenty of info there

Many thanks for this. In relation to the hand lance...any tips on this??

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭susign

I got the 1000 ltr one this yr, used it only for spraying crops so far so I have no tips on the land lance yet. The dealer should be able to set you up with it. I am well impressed with the jarmet so far.

I agree with Talkinbull's above comment re the sprayer course. Many farmers complain about it but it is very good for picking up tips on how to mind the machine and save money on spraying correctly.

The one bit of advice I will give is always wash it out well, ensure all water is out of pump and get the antifreeze from dealer to protect pump over winter. The pumps are delicate on all sprayers

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pure breed

omu wrote:
    Hi all, recently bought the above and need some help. I have never used a sprayer before..anyone got one of these..any tips...especially with the hand lance??

Hi just wondering could you tell how much you or anyone else paid your 400litre sprayer please.
    I'm looking to buy one and was quoted €1390 delivered. Many thanks.

pure breed wrote: »
    Hi just wondering could you tell how much you or anyone else paid your 400litre sprayer please.
    I'm looking to buy one and was quoted €1390 delivered. Many thanks.

I think i paid around 1200 approx in whites

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Does anyone know which directions should rhe levers point when you use this sprayer??

omu wrote:
    I think i paid around 1200 approx in whites

Thanks, was that with anything left out like lance, galvanising etc...
    He said could get self fill pump for extra €100.

omu wrote:
    Does anyone know which directions should rhe levers point when you use this sprayer??

As far as I know the levers are back when in use.

I think I paid 2600 euro for mine last yr. That was the 1000 ltr tank with 12mtr galvanised booms. Self fill included but no lanse or no hydraulic booms. I am currently planning on getting a lanse. I think around 120 euro covers a good lanse and hose reel.

pure breed wrote:
    As far as I know the levers are back when in use.

I think you're right. As far as I can remember, the three levers on left are folded back for activating all nozels. The lever on right hand side (when looking back from cab) is for agitating the mixture. It is important to leave that in the off position when spraying.

• Advertisement

susign wrote: »
    ok sound and what about the red handle...do you twist that fully to the left when spraying? The red twisty knob on the right gand side u twist this to about half way and move it up and down depending on the pressure?

Thanks, was that with anything left out like lance, galvanising etc...
    He said could get self fill pump for extra €100.

Lance and galvanising included i didnt want self fill..was concerned it would get dirty water and cause damage long term. Mine was 400 ltr 12 metre and fully galvinised

Yes, the controls in your attached photo are exactly the same as mine. The large handle facing you is for the return flow back to the tank. I don't normally touch that much, the sprayer will only work with it in one position so you will know when you try it which way to turn it. The knob on the right side is for adjusting your pressure. When spraying barley I generally run at 3 bar and at 7km per hour. Using the blue nozzles this setting puts out around 83 litres per acre or 12 acres per 1000 litres (check your chart in the manual to be sure). The key is to pick an appropriate RPM and correct gear to achieve an appropriate speed, keeping the rpm as low as possible to reduce wear on your pump. Set the hand throttle on your tractor at whatever rpm you need then adjust the knob to the correct pressure, for example, 2.5 bar or whatever. It's very important to ensure that you set your sprayer to the correct height on the lift arms to ensure that the he pto shaft is fully horizontal and in a straight line from tractor to the sprayer before turning it on. If the pto is at an angle the side forces will wreck pump in no time, pumps on all sprayers are not as robust as othr machines.

Most importantly set the lift height on tractor so that the pto is perfectly horizontal and in a straight line from tractor to pump.

Thanks omu
    Agree about the self fill not needed.
    Can I ask when you purchased it? Also was it delivered for 1200. As I said was quoted 1390 delivered but not sure size of boom or length of lance.

Thanks omu
    Agree about the self fill not needed.
    Can I ask when you purchased it? Also was it delivered for 1200. As I said was quoted 1390 delivered but not sure size of boom or length of lance.

I bought it last year, think it was sept or oct approx. The lance just came with the gun part so i have to rig up the pipe yet myself.

Yes, the controls in your attached photo are exactly the same as mine. The large handle facing you is for the return flow back to the tank. I don't normally touch that much, the sprayer will only work with it in one position so you will know when you try it which way to turn it. The knob on the right side is for adjusting your pressure. When spraying barley I generally run at 3 bar and at 7km per hour. Using the blue nozzles this setting puts out around 83 litres per acre or 12 acres per 1000 litres (check your chart in the manual to be sure). The key is to pick an appropriate RPM and correct gear to achieve an appropriate speed, keeping the rpm as low as possible to reduce wear on your pump. Set the hand throttle on your tractor at whatever rpm you need then adjust the knob to the correct pressure, for example, 2.5 bar or whatever. It's very important to ensure that you set your sprayer to the correct height on the lift arms to ensure that the he pto shaft is fully horizontal and in a straight line from tractor to the sprayer before turning it on. If the pto is at an angle the side forces will wreck pump in no time, pumps on all sprayers are not as robust as othr machines.
    Thanks for the details above. As u can guess i have never used the sprayer yet so any tips are welcome. I put some water in a few wks ago turned on the pto and the black cylinder to the left of the large red handle blew off..the threading was damaged. Would you have any idea what happened as i want to avoid it next time☺

Most importantly set the lift height on tractor so that the pto is perfectly horizontal and in a straight line from tractor to pump.
    thats good to know cheers ☺

omu wrote:
    I bought it last year, think it was sept or oct approx. The lance just came with the gun part so i have to rig up the pipe yet myself.

Thanks omu Can I ask you one last question was it delivered as well for the 1200, just trying figure out why asking 1390 now. thks

Thanks omu Can I ask you one last question was it delivered as well for the 1200, just trying figure out why asking 1390 now. thks
    Is it whites u are dealing with? I paid nothing extra for delivery. Maybe your boom is longer or perhaps exchange rate too. I will dig up exactly what i paid as it was by debit card and need to dpuble check statements but it was either 1200 or 1250

• Advertisement

omu wrote:
    Is it whites u are dealing with? I paid nothing extra for delivery. Maybe your boom is longer or perhaps exchange rate too. I will dig up exactly what i paid as it was by debit card and need to dpuble check statements but it was either 1200 or 1250

Thanks Omu Yeah it's White's I'm getting the quote from alright pretty sure he said 1390 in euros but can't be certain. Thks

omu wrote:
    Thanks for the details above. As u can guess i have never used the sprayer yet so any tips are welcome. I put some water in a few wks ago turned on the pto and the black cylinder to the left of the large red handle blew off..the threading was damaged. Would you have any idea what happened as i want to avoid it next time☺

omu wrote:

omu wrote:

I don't understand how that cylinder blew off, sounds like the pressure built up way too high. Maybe you had the nozzles turned off whilst the agitation was turned off (all four red levers pointing in th same direction). If that is the case you would need your return-flow (large red handle) rotated to the On position. That sends all liquid back to tank and your pressure gauge should drop to zero. Next time you turn on pto watch your pressure gauge, if the hand goes up outside the green band stop the pto immediately and turn on agitation or return flow

pure breed wrote:
    Thanks Omu Yeah it's White's I'm getting the quote from alright pretty sure he said 1390 in euros but can't be certain. Thks

omu wrote:

I would sugest that when you want to stop spraying to turn at the headland erc. just turn off the pto without touching your sprayer levers. It might not be advised by the manufacturer or at the sprayer course but my dealer advised it and it works out fine for me. Otherwise I would need to leave back window open plus it's a long stretch from the cab to the return-flow lever

Hi folks, anyone able to tell me if it's possible to get a 400litre jarmet sprayer for cheaper then 1390 euros nationwide delivered.
    Apologies if this is a repetitive question.

I would sugest that when you want to stop spraying to turn at the headland erc. just turn off the pto without touching your sprayer levers. It might not be advised by the manufacturer or at the sprayer course but my dealer advised it and it works out fine for me. Otherwise I would need to leave back window open plus it's a long stretch from the cab to the return-flow lever
    thanks susign, im gonna throw it on tomorrow again for a test. I will follow all your tips and see how it goes. I will let you know how i get on. ☺

omu wrote:
    thanks susign, im gonna throw it on tomorrow again for a test. I will follow all your tips and see how it goes. I will let you know how i get on. ☺

That's a good idea, best to get the hang of it with plain water before you are using an expensive tank of spray. Try it out in a square field if you can and step out each run with plastic stakes so you can have something to aim for when driving and to avoid overlap. If you know how many acres are in the field you know if you are spraying accurately. Remember, 3 bar and 7km puts out 83 ltr per acre (in theory anyway). So your 400 ltr tank should do slightly under 5 acres.

susign wrote:
    That's a good idea, best to get the hang of it with plain water before you are using an expensive tank of spray. Try it out in a square field if you can and step out each run with plastic stakes so you can have something to aim for when driving and to avoid overlap. If you know how many acres are in the field you know if you are spraying accurately. Remember, 3 bar and 7km puts out 83 ltr per acre (in theory anyway). So your 400 ltr tank should do slightly under 5 acres.

Before you start it would be good to switch all nozzles on and test a couple of the nozzles with a measuring jug.set the pressure to 3 bar (I only say 3 bar because this is what I work at) and put the jug under a nozzle for 60 seconds, you should end up with 1.2 litres in the jug after 60 seconds.

susign wrote:
    Before you start it would be good to switch all nozzles on and test a couple of the nozzles with a measuring jug.set the pressure to 3 bar (I only say 3 bar because this is what I work at) and put the jug under a nozzle for 60 seconds, you should end up with 1.2 litres in the jug after 60 seconds.

I forgot to mention the above figures apply to blue nozzles only, I am assuming your jarmet came with blue nozzles right? Red nozzles are another popular colour, they put put 1.8 litres per minute at 3bar

Hi susign, got the sprayer on today and i think i just had all 4 levers pointing the one direction. I managed to get spray out today anyway and nothing broke. Good start!! By any chance have you or anybody used the hand lance yet??

• Advertisement

Hi Omu, great to hear that. It looks like you have it mastered . The only thing is, it sounds like you had the agitation (the 4th lever on your far right) turned on when you were spraying. That should be turned on when filling/mixing the chemical only. Were you happy with the accuracy of litres/acre? What pressure and speed did you run at?

Advertisement