Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

If i get PSPlus on my brothers account would I still be able to play any of the free PSPlus games I bought on my account

Are you talking about after your PS Plus expires? I can't imagine you could when it's a completely different account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Are you talking about after your PS Plus expires? I can't imagine you could when it's a completely different account.

Yeah I was thinking that but wasn't sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

If i get PSPlus on my brothers account would I still be able to play any of the free PSPlus games I bought on my account

Nope, unless he has the license for them himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Playstation Plus 12 months is showing as €40 on the PSN store until 23rd

If only I seen this yesterday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I wonder if they had a lot of people not renewing. I know I didn't bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Me either, was going to wait until February.

If you buy that sub it'll become active right away wouldnt it or can you add it whenever you want

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Me either, was going to wait until February.

If you buy that sub it'll become active right away wouldnt it or can you add it whenever you want

Goes active right away unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

I haven't started the 2 week free trial yet but if I start it now can I then buy 12 months at the discount price straight away? It says not available because I'm not Plus when I try to buy the 12 month. .

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

NikoTopps wrote: »
    I haven't started the 2 week free trial yet but if I start it now can I then buy 12 months at the discount price straight away? It says not available because I'm not Plus when I try to buy the 12 month. .

To answer my own question, I bought 50€ PSN Credit for ~43€ online then I use this to buy the 12m sub for 39,99€ and it worked perfectly and I still have tenner left to spend. .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

NikoTopps wrote:
    To answer my own question, I bought 50€ PSN Credit for ~43€ online then I use this to buy the 12m sub for 39,99€ and it worked perfectly and I still have tenner left to spend. .

Where did you get the 50 psn credit for €43?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

zarquon wrote: »
    Where did you get the 50 psn credit for €43?

Posted in the BA thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I'm thinking of "lapsing" my PS plus account, if I decide to re join say 6 months later are all the same games I had before on the plus there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I'm thinking of "lapsing" my PS plus account, if I decide to re join say 6 months later are all the same games I had before on the plus there?

They are still there, you just will not be able to play them if you let it lapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They're still there but just be aware it's someweher in the Ts&Cs that there's guarantee they will be. So if some do go missing when you renew, they'll have that to fall back on.

Was just wondering, since the first Tuesday of the month is Jan 2nd, do you think they'll have the games early or late? I suppose no reason for either, but I would guess late.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So should be hearing what January games we're getting soon ?

Usually the Tuesday or Wednesday before, though Christmas week may mess that up. Will see.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/28/14100618/playstation-plus-free-games-january-2017

Day Of The Tentacle and This War Of Mine leading the PS4 lineup on 3rd January

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A remaster of a quarter century old game? Oh boy.

Interested in This War of Mine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Fieldog wrote: »
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/28/14100618/playstation-plus-free-games-january-2017

Day Of The Tentacle and This War Of Mine leading the PS4 lineup on 3rd January

Let me be the first to say this is yet another shocking month from Sony in my opinion! still no free VR game! Think its time to bin the free ps3 game and vita game at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This War of Mine is brilliant. Great treat for those who don't have it. Another useless month for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

**** me ps plus is gone down the ****ter and I usually don't complain but wow

I vaguely remember playing DOTT as a child but got stuck and never went back to it...

Never played the other one so I'll give it a look...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Agreed, they're acting like a right bunch of useless ****ing ***** that just couldn't give two ****s anymore.

They really need to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Pretty poor tbh

Not taking anything away from these games, but i am surprised. They usually go for a well known game for January to keep the interest of those using their trial from the Christmas PS4s.
    Though as had been pointed out before, they don't need interest when plus is a necessity for ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Day of the Tentacle Remastered (PS4, PS Vita)
    This War of Mine: The Little Ones (PS4)
    Blazerush (PS3)
    The Swindle (PS3, PS4, PS Vita)
    Azkend 2 (PS4, PS Vita)
    Titan Souls (PS Vita, PS4)

Bar 1 game they's a PS4 version of all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

To be fair there have been worse months, both games highly acclaimed and you could put over 20 hours into the pair of them and you have 3 other PS4 games as well, we just need a Curse of Monkey Island remaster now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Held off on buying Day of the Tentacle as I figured we'd get it here eventually like double fines other games. I bought Grim Fandango weeks before it wound up here. Titan Souls I was going to buy on release but tepid reviews stopped me. This War of mine I own but haven't played much of it, I bought it after looking at at SuperBunnyHop video on it.
    There are games now I am interested in but feel if I do they could end up on Plus eventually. Mainly stuff like Rayman Legends or Sleeping Dogs.
    I wish they didn't lean on the digital exclusive stuff as much on PS4 even if stuff like Rocket League & the Resident Evil remake is nice to get.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

One critically acclaimed classic, and one critically acclaimed newer game. As well as the very well received Titans Souls.

And people still complain :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

To be fair, I understand the complaints this month at least on first glance. It's hardly an overwhelming list of names.

That said, I've since read about This war of Mine and it sounds incredible. I'll definitely give that a go.

Advertisement