Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If not Subnautica, I'd love Night in the Woods, Deliver us the Moon or Beat Cop. None of those were previously 5 euro or on PS Now so wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The new store is terrible. The navigation is a mess.
    I've tried to find where I put the monthly PS+ games in my basket and I ended up going around in circles with 3 tabs opening back to the same page I started on (I already have the games, I'm just checking out the layout).

I do not like it one bit.
    It always amazes me when I see a result like this and wonder who the F thought it was a great idea. Someone got paid for this mess.

The old store was clunky, but was straight forward on a PC.

I just logged in there now for the first time. It's really awkward. Plus, they removed the fecking wishlist option for desktop users. I never use the wishlist when browsing on the Playstation, I always add to it from a PC. Not being able to add games now and browse my wishlist on a PC is a real step backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Beersmith

While I think that might be part of it, I reckon it's more because of the success following Rocket League and Fall Guys after they went free at launch. Anyway, no doubt it's loaded with MT's (hopefully cosmetic only) and any game with that model should be FTP anyway. But good news all the same, had no interest in it until now. Free is always good!

Any predictions for November PS+? Bought Subnautica last night, so that'll probably be one of them.

Didn't they announce a ton of psplus November games back in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Beersmith wrote: »

I think you might be confusing it with the PS+ Collection which is a perk for PS5 users where a bunch of top tier PS4 games are being made free for playing for PS+ subscribers on the PS5.

The monthly games for November weren't announced at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Beersmith wrote: »

They announced a PS Plus Collection, these games will only be accessible on a PS5 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Today's the day we find out about Nov's games, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Today's the day we find out about Nov's games, right?

Should be, at around 4 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Seeing some speculation that Bugsnax may be a PS Plus game in November - mainly based on the fact it's not currently available for preorder in the PS Store.

So, massive pinch of salt and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,910 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sorry for off topic but since brought up, why is Bugsnax being made fun of all the time? There are loads of weird games. Or is it just because the "hardcore gamers" don't like it being a launch title?

I think it was just because graphically it wasn't up there with the rest of the powerhouses that were going for realism. If I'm being honest, I've seen a bunch of indie games looking like bugsnax before but if it goes on PS+, I'll almost definitely give it a bash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

RedXIV wrote: »
    I think you might be confusing it with the PS+ Collection which is a perk for PS5 users where a bunch of top tier PS4 games are being made free for playing for PS+ subscribers on the PS5.

The monthly games for November weren't announced at all :)

quick question, and apologies if already answered, can my current yearly PS+ subscription be used on PS5 when it comes out or do I need to purchase another PS+ Collection account?
    Also can I use it on both consoles as won't be getting rid of PS4

Thanks,
    G

quick question, and apologies if already answered, can my current yearly PS+ subscription be used on PS5 when it comes out or do I need to purchase another PS+ Collection account?
    Also can I use it on both consoles as won't be getting rid of PS4

Thanks,
    G
    It can be used on all consoles, no additional subscription required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

It can be used on all consoles, no additional subscription required.

Cheers sniper_samurai that's what I was hoping :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

As usual, both games were already available on PS Now.

So that's 2 planned launch games given away on Plus off include Destruction Allstars

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If you haven’t played Hollow Knight, it’s one of the greatest games of the generation - possibly the finest Metroidvania outside the genre’s namesakes.

To be fair, if there is one thing I like about this launch of a new console is the fact that I'm gonna have a ton of games to play from the day I get it. As opposed to playing the game I could afford to death for the first few months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Wouldn't be surprised if Bugsnax was planned to be a launch PS Plus game for a while - don't think preorders for it ever showed up anywhere so I've seen it rumoured to be on Plus before. Destruction All Stars definitely seems like a game where they switched up the approach because of low interest, but it's probably going to be a good move seeing as it'll come out in a less packed window, and get a big player base straight away.

Haven't played either of those Plus games before so will give them a look before the PS5 launches.

Also an interesting note - they've added to the Playstation Plus collection with the Crash N Sane Trilogy and COD Black Ops III - Zombies Chronicle Edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

shrewdness wrote: »

Also an interesting note - they've added to the Playstation Plus collection with the Crash N Sane Trilogy and COD Black Ops III - Zombies Chronicle Edition.

nice.gif

• Advertisement

ohhhhh where did you see that???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

RedXIV wrote: »
    ohhhhh where did you see that???

At the bottom of the Blog post, they went into detail on the Playstation Plus Collection, and those 2 games are mentioned(I don't think they were in the original annoucement?).

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/28/playstation-plus-collection-details-revealed-your-november-playstation-plus-games/

Final Fantasy XV was also upgraded to Royal Edition

At the bottom of the Blog post, they went into detail on the Playstation Plus Collection, and those 2 games are mentioned(I don't think they were in the original annoucement?).

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/28/playstation-plus-collection-details-revealed-your-november-playstation-plus-games/

Indeed. Interesting to note that only the PS5 version of Bugsnax is on Plus and will be available for 2 months.

Also this passage may be of interest for people who can access a PS5 if they won't have their own yet.
    Once you redeem a game from the PlayStation Plus Collection, you can keep the games for as long as you are an active PlayStation Plus member

You can at by webstore. Or you could anyway. Was how I had a PS4 backlog when I bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

What a brilliant month despite the fact that I have Hollow Knight. I loved Shadow of Mordor so Shadow of War is more of the same which isn't a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Two games I've wanted to play and don't have so happy with that selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Two games I've wanted to play and don't have so happy with that selection.

I'm in the exact same boat! Never pulled the trigger on either but always wanted to. Happy out with this months selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,871 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Good month if you don't have them already, but at least in getting Bugsnax, so still a good month for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Only picked up shadow or war so a little miffed about that. May aswell trade it in and get something for it.

Advertisement