Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sabbath Tickets from €93.50. Rip-off or Worth it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Went to the Black Sabbath gig last night, was in the seated section but it was so worth the price I think. Absolutely loved it. I mean it's their final tour like, probably won't ever see them live again, so it was was special for me anyway because i'd never seen them before. I feel grateful that I got to see them live and in person at least once in my life. Take a bow lads, you absolute legends.

I thought the guys that opened for them, Rival Sons were class too. Your man on the keyboards banging the tambourine was pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

Ive seen them all-this was the best gig ive seen in Dublin

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Went to the Black Sabbath gig last night, was in the seated section but it was so worth the price I think. Absolutely loved it. I mean it's their final tour like, probably won't ever see them live again, so it was was special for me anyway because i'd never seen them before. I feel grateful that I got to see them live and in person at least once in my life. Take a bow lads, you absolute legends.

I thought the guys that opened for them, Rival Sons were class too. Your man on the keyboards banging the tambourine was pretty good.

seated section looked ****e-buddy up there he sneaked downstairs after 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭Riddle101

seated section looked ****e-buddy up there he sneaked downstairs after 20 minutes

Ha, I actually considered trying to sneak down myself but decided against it in the end. Seated section wasn't the best, but it wasn't too bad. Had a full view of the stage and the band, and I didn't have worry about my legs killing me from standing all night long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Sound was fantastic where I was standing anyway. Glad to tick them off of the "to see" checklist.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The gig itself wasn't a rip off, the band were brilliant and I'll definitely look back fondly on it in years to come, worth every penny to see those legends.

What was a rip off was a poor enough quality T-shirt for 35 euro, something you could probably get 5 or 6 better quality ones in Penney's for the same price.

Also the tour EP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_End_(EP)

Which I was going to pick up, but they were charging 30 euro for it, robbing bastards :mad:

Lot of ex wifes to pay off

• Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

only 2 more shows til its The End for Black Sabbath (Feb 2nd and Feb 4th Genting Arena Birmingham)

hopefully we get a pro recording of the last shows and maybe a documentary detailing the whole career of the band will get released

thank you Black Sabbath for all your music

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I saw them twice. Superb performances. I hope they will reconsider quitting altogether - the odd one off show, perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I saw them twice. Superb performances. I hope they will reconsider quitting altogether - the odd one off show, perhaps?

I'd imagine there will still be occasional festival appearances for top dolla but they won't do a full tour again.

• Advertisement

Sabbath bloody sabbath was included the other night -last night tonight .

Dublin gig was unreal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hopefully they will release a Blu-ray/dvd of their last gig.

Gonzo wrote: »
    hopefully they will release a Blu-ray/dvd of their last gig.

hopefully it would generate a lot of money for them. Id also love to see an offical documentary on there whole career

seems like logic to bring out a DVD of the last show

whooooooooooooo cant wait too see this

http://www.blacksabbathfilmtickets.com/synopsis/synopsis/

should be out on DVD/Blu Ray for xmas time :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »
    whooooooooooooo cant wait too see this

http://www.blacksabbathfilmtickets.com/synopsis/synopsis/

should be out on DVD/Blu Ray for xmas time :D:D

You'll be seeing them live within the year, read recently Iommi has said they may play festivals and one off shows, complete and utter rip off if true

scudzilla wrote: »
    You'll be seeing them live within the year, read recently Iommi has said they may play festivals and one off shows, complete and utter rip off if true

doubt we will ever see them play Dublin together again

i heard Ozzy is bringing out a new solo album next year and might do a world tour

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

PTH2009 wrote: »
    doubt we will ever see them play Dublin together again
    When was the last time they played Dublin together?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

kbannon wrote: »

open-can-worms-8565239.jpg

kbannon wrote: »

Original line-up never played Dublin

2012-2017 Reunion line-up played here this year

this is next Thursday cant wait to see it. should be out on DVD for xmas

• Advertisement

released today, ordered the blu ray 2 disc edition off Amazon getting it next week. Bit disapointed its not the Movie that was shown in Cinemas in September and its bacisally a newer version of Gathered in their masses' but its still the last show and production looks pretty good.

https://www.eaglerocklinks.com/blacksabbaththeend

cb2b0e_3c3a4cb0cc6d4ae183a634f6d4afc1ee~mv2.png

Advertisement