Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options
1275276277278279281»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,664 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm still a bit on the fence about Tiffy but I agree she is well over and a good winner of QOTR and/or MITB

I feel sorry for Bayley, the champ, barely featured and no feud, or worthy opponent, even a Chelsea feud would be something

We know Cody will retain now only one title on the line

I hope Knight beats Paul at SS for the title

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭ThePott

Overall a decent episode.

Tama being a gremlin was pretty funny. Belair/Stratton was really good. LA/Tama was decent but LA's promo on Carmelo and the tease with Logan was even better. Randy/Carmello was great too, especially the RKO. They're clearly very high on Melo.

The contract signing was surprisingly excellent, hot crowd really helped. The lawyer gimmick could actually work and Cody really sold Logan getting under his skin.

Looks like the new Wyatt family could be Smackdown bound but not sure. They acknowledge the codes on Raw and Smackdown but spent far longer on it on Smackdown.

Less good things. The Jade/Jax finish was okay on paper but dumb in execution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Cotts72

The lawyer was hilarious...the acting skills were something else

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Jade was never the greatest but she seems to have really regressed since debuting in WWE. Did Tiffany lose that match because of her Instagram post as it looked like she was nailed in to be queen of the ring last week.

Regards,

P.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ah, I dunno. The smackdown side of the women's tournament was stacked with Bianca, Jade, Nia. Her first round match wasn't even televised so I doubt it's anything to do with that. Tiffy in the Bank has a better ring to it anyways😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Knight put some manners on Melo in that promo.

Her match last week was one of her best to date imo. I don't think she's regressed, whether she's improved is probably the bigger more reasonable debate. Don't think Tiffany ever stood a chance as dumb as that post was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭sioda

Belair showing some strength with lifts and a KOD on Jax

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Logan Paul: "and you have my word I will not use them [brass knuckes]"

.... in other words some one else will lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Watching these women matches makes me sing "go go power rangers"

(The bodysuits)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Looks like Piper Niven is getting built up for a match in Scotland, which is nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,285 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Paul Heyman doing a good job building up the evil Bloodline, and the way Solo keeps referring to 'The Tribal Chief' definitely makes me think he's referring to The Rock. Reckon once Rock's done shooting we'll get a build up of Solo supposedly ushering in the arrival of his Tribal Chief, setting the expectation of a Roman return, only for Rock's music to hit. Then perhaps some Rock/Cody action for a while, before Roman comes back and gets Jey and Jimmy back together for the battle for the soul of the Bloodline for next years WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,664 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul's expressions are just superb, for me he carries this storyline as I cannot get used to Solo talking as "boss"

Teasing AJ retiring :(

Or teasing him for MITB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,055 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw that coming

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Knight carried that segment on his own as Kayla was brutal as well.

Fair enough if interviewers miss picking up on cues to interact, but she just looked completely disinterested from start to finish. Such a bizarre segment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think everyone did they may aswell slapped a salmon coloured jacket on him.

WWE has lost all momentum since mania and seem completely directionless since the draft. Even the bloodline in cooling. It’s so apparent how heavily reliant they became on the rock and Roman to carry the product, it’s been massively exposed with all the recent injuries and departures.

Pretty sure Kayla doesn't watch the product. There was some awkwardness with Punk at the HOF too that made me think that. As for Carmello, it was pretty awkward. Hopefully just a once off flub, Knight could have gone much further but did a good save. Looks like LA is definitely being lined up for Logan, hopefully at Summerslam.

An Apollo Crews sighting in 2024, looks like there might be more of him too. Man desperately needs a decent character though. Piper getting a shot is good too.

The AJ segment was pretty clear where it was going, especially when Cody came down. That being said, it was still fun, thought AJ played it well. At least he didn't go with a salmon suit jacket.

Although a small part of me thought with this TNA crossover that he might show up and challenge for their title instead.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Don’t forget Summerslam is in Logan’s hometown so I don’t see him losing there

What tag team could Cody get to help him? Maybe The OC vs Cody and partners at CATC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Once again Bayley the champ not being treated well. Getting attacked and then just lying there while Piper/Chelsea confront Nia. While I'm sure she'll beat Piper, with the way she's been treated so far, I'd say Nia will beat her at Summerslam.

When was the last time someone retired in the ring that wasn't due to injury?

As for Apollo, he's been a regular on Main Event.

Styles dumped the OC before that feud...only credible tag team on smackdown that are face and not in a group are DIY

They were in the ring with him last night and blocked the security from coming down

My bad I haven't watched the segment yet..not sure so...axiom and Fraser aren't much backup to Cody 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kayla had a face liked a slapped arse on her during that segment and made things awkward. What's her deal?

Melo is a lost lamb on the main roster so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

She's responding to people on Twitter defensively over it and even tweeted about the travel over the last month causing exhaustion, which would be a fair enough excuse in most cases, but she's only back from a long sabbatical. There's no excuse for the complete disinterest she showed in that segment really.

You have to really praise Knight for how he handled her **** and another flub from Carmelo. I

Advertisement