Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun attack in Sweden (Malmo)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Cienciano wrote: »
    Put your cocks away and pull up your pants, unfortunately it wasn't a Muslim this time. Don't worry, with a bit of luck a Muslim will kill someone soon somewhere in the world and you can have your "terrorist" wánk then.

As you seem to care about the religion of the attackers very much - do you have any source which back-up the statement that they weren't Muslim?

There might be some around but I haven't' read anything saying either they were or weren't. What I am reading is that they fleed the scene and witnesses are reluctant to talk to the police - so based on that I don't know much about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

Put your cocks away and pull up your pants, unfortunately it wasn't a Muslim this time. Don't worry, with a bit of luck a Muslim will kill someone soon somewhere in the world and you can have your "terrorist" wánk then.

Yeah nothing to see here, move on, move on, there is no problem with muslim violence in Europe move along now please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

The post of a 12 year old losing an argument. What's the matter? Is the rest of the world not falling in line with your point of view?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Put your cocks away and pull up your pants

No deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,045 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The thing is Ireland has roughly 100,000 more Foreign nationals then Sweden with half the population.

At the Euros the Swedes had a chant about Polish, Africans and Muslims on metro on way to game in June,not a nice one either. The Swedes themselves seem to be having enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The post of a 12 year old losing an argument. What's the matter? Is the rest of the world not falling in line with your point of view?

Why was this thread started? People were hoping it was Muslims. No one gives a shít about a shooting in Malmo. There's thousands of shooting all over the world every day. I couldn't give a **** about all the immigration politics, I just find it hilarious when threads like these are started and people are really hoping a certain group did it and it turns out they didn't. Must be like when you're a child and you don't get what you asked for at Christmas. So disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Ick

Why was this thread started? People were hoping it was Muslims. No one gives a shít about a shooting in Malmo. There's thousands of shooting all over the world every day. I couldn't give a **** about all the immigration politics, I just find it hilarious when threads like these are started and people are really hoping a certain group did it and it turns out they didn't. Must be like when you're a child and you don't get what you asked for at Christmas. So disappointing.

The thread was started because there is interest in it. Some people do care about shootings and bombs. Do you not care or do you not want it discussed?
    It sounds like you care a lot. Your post was bizarre. It sounds like your having a temper tantrum because people are discussing things on the Internet. Are you getting dragged out of your safe space? Seriously. Go back and read your post out loud in the mirror.

You seem to know it wasn't an immigrant, great. Source?

That's what I ****ing thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The thread was started because there is interest in it. Some people do care about shootings and bombs. Do you not care or do you not want it discussed?
    It sounds like you care a lot. Your post was bizarre. It sounds like your having a temper tantrum because people are discussing things on the Internet. Are you getting dragged out of your safe space? Seriously. Go back and read your post out loud in the mirror.

He's right though. I don't see any other threads about crime in Sweden. It was posted because it was thought it might be a terrorist attack. The comments on the first page include people inferring it was a terrorist attack.

And trying to put people down with phrases like safe space.... I think you need to learn how to actually construct an argument rather than trying to dismiss one with vague ad hominems.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    He's right though. I don't see any other threads about crime in Sweden. It was posted because it was thought it might be a terrorist attack. The comments on the first page include people inferring it was a terrorist attack.

And trying to put people down with phrases like safe space.... I think you need to learn how to actually construct an argument rather than trying to dismiss one with vague ad hominems.

First, why does there have to be other threads? Can no one be concerned about crime unless there is already a thread. There's always bean crime in swedan. This is another level. When there's a gun and bomb attack your defence is; well there wasn't other threads?

No one said it was a terrorist attack. A few people said it was linked to immigrant gangs. They he came in and told us how it wasn't immigrants and therefore argument over. But didn't have any source. Basically he wanted it to be untrue so that's it.. Without any source. Then disappeared. I can construct an argument. I just don't see a counter argument. I just see another coward trying to distract from discussing anything.

Unless you have some details? Do you have news for us? Do you know it wasn't immigrant gangs and are about to show us the truth? Here's the proof?

No didn't ****ing think so.

Grayson wrote: »

As the OP, I will reply to this since yourself and Cienciano are attributing specific motives to me on an accusatory tone for having started the thread.

Firstly he is completely off-track saying the thread was opened "hoping it was Muslims" - I was not hoping for anything and if you read my posts I haven't (as opposed to Cienciano and you to some extend) made any assumption about the attackers as there is no source giving details (I however notice that both of you have quietly ignored multiple questions asking you what your firm assumptions were based on). When you are saying "it was posted because it was thought it might be a terrorist attack" there is more truth in it (though it a a partial truth), I indeed thought it might be one. But can you clarify what the problem is with posting about an event thinking it might (amongst other scenarios) be a terrorist attack?

Secondly, my other reason for posting this was that in the past two decades Sweden has quickly drifted from being a very peaceful country to having severe crime issues. Believe it or not, I (and it seems others) am genuinely interested in discussing this and again if you look at the thread this is what the discussion quickly moved towards - not to terrorism, which you seem to think was the sole purpose for starting this thread. There are multiple reasons why one might want to discuss this but a strong motivation for me is to understand what is wrong about the leading political ideology there and try to fight that same ideology in Ireland.

Lastly, you don't see any other thread talking about crime in Sweden. I can assure you there are some even though they might not be dedicated to Sweden and thus not obvious at first glance when using the search functionality. But if there wasn't any, how would it be a reason enough not to start one? If there is no thread about on-line video game addiction in China and I start one, will I be asked what my motives are for posting about a topic never discussed before and accused of hoping someone had their life affected because no-one really cares about addictions in China and I must secretly have something against video games? (or maybe that no-one cares about video game addictions and I must secretly have something against China depending on what part of the topic the poster is uneasy about?)

Clearly, what is making you unconformable is that some posters have linked Sweden's problems with immigration and with fairly new Muslim majority neighbourhood. You can argue against it and explain your arguments if you don't think it is a factor, but let me ask you one thing: given the Swedish police's acknowledged history of having covered-up the nationality/ethnic background of criminals in the past (which you will be aware of if as most posters here your are indeed interested discussing the topic the thread is moved towards), given the fact that the recently retired police chief of Malmo says (direct quote) "of the number of people arrested and dragged into police stations, the majority are of foreign origin to be honest", and given that fact that no information has been shared to date; would you think it is a completely wild idea to consider that the probability for the criminals in this case to be immigrants is far from insignificant? And regardless of this particular case, is it not valid to have a more general discussion on the topic?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭Ilovemybricks

Bob24 wrote: »
    Clearly, what is making you unconformable is that some posters have linked Sweden's problems with immigration and with fairly new Muslim majority neighbourhood. You can argue against it and explain your arguments if you don't think it is a factor, but let me ask you one thing: given the Swedish police's acknowledged history of having covered-up the nationality/ethnic background of criminals in the past (which you will be aware of if as most posters here your are indeed interested discussing the topic the thread is moved towards), given the fact that the recently retired police chief of Malmo says (direct quote) "of the number of people arrested and dragged into police stations, the majority are of foreign origin to be honest", and given that fact that no information has been shared to date; would you think it is a completely wild idea to consider that the probability for the criminals in this case to be immigrants is far from insignificant? And regardless of this particular case, is it not valid to have a more general discussion on the topic?

Why do the media try and cover up the nationality and background of the perpetrator? It just causes people to automatically presume that they have a foreign background!

Why do the media try and cover up the nationality and background of the perpetrator? It just causes people to automatically presume that they have a foreign background!

Yeah I also find it stupid. They don't want to increase public concerns avout immigrants or look like they are austracising them, and it works for a while. But inevitably after a while people understand this "game", and all it is achieving is reducing trust in public institutions and the media and actually increasing suspicions about immigrants (as you explained).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 JL2106

Most crimes in Sweden are carried out by Swedes, not immigrants ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The thing is Ireland has roughly 100,000 more Foreign nationals then Sweden with half the population.
    Ireland has over 1.5 million foreign nationals, as in over 33% of people in Ireland were not born here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭Ilovemybricks

JL2106 wrote: »

Probably. But Sweden is still predominantly Swedish. It would be interesting to see the breakdown by nationality/population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Any of ye been to Malmo?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Dr Jakub

Funny how the Swedish Police are not allowed to give racial descriptions of suspects and it's illegal to record the ethnicity of criminals in Sweden. Almost as if the authorities are trying to hide something.

Trying to hide what? Most criminals in Sweden are Swedish? Why are you trying to blame immigrants for all the crime?

• Advertisement

Trying to hide what? Most criminals in Sweden are Swedish? Why are you trying to blame immigrants for all the crime?

I doubt anyone blamed immigrants for all crime, including fraud, tax evasion, motoring offenses, assault etc. That would be the same as saying there are no Swedish criminals.

Dr Jakub wrote: »
    Funny how the Swedish Police are not allowed to give racial descriptions of suspects and it's illegal to record the ethnicity of criminals in Sweden. Almost as if the authorities are trying to hide something.

VERY funny :/

Why are you trying to blame immigrants for all the crime?

Can you quote which post you are referring whereby someone blamed immigrants for all the crimes? Or are you asking that question to an imaginary poster?

People are claiming that the Swedes are covering up crimes as they are committed by immigrants without producing any evidence of this.

It is far right anti immigrant fearmongering.

People are claiming that the Swedes are covering up crimes as they are committed by immigrants without producing any evidence of this.

It is far right anti immigrant fearmongering.

No offence, but if you genuinely think this you haven't read the whole thread and don't know much about crime/policing in Sweden.

The Swedish police themselves have acknowledged that they had deliberately hidden the background of some criminals in the past as they were afraid the the political consequences it would have to disclose the information. I mentioned this and posted a link in this post (if you Google it you will find many other sources).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Any of ye been to Malmo?

Yep, it s a nice place.
    What s criminal is the 50 Euro toll for crossing the bridge from Copenhagen to Malmo ONE WAY :angry:

Was also genuinely surprised at the number of muslims in Copenhagen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Dr Jakub

Swedish police and media were exposed for covering up sex assaults committed by migrants at music festival in 2014. It was covered up so as not to lend support to the Sweden Democrats in that election year.

Shows what political correctness will do to a country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

I wonder why Sweden the 2nd highest rape figures in the World.

As opposed to say 20 years ago before the influx of "Asian" imagaigants?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Bit like most rapists in England are white and English.
    But most grooming gangs are Muslim.
    The truth had to be told

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

So what was this incident about in the end, anyways?

Advertisement