Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Del Boy Dynasty league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Can't help you there, looking at the team listing I actually haven't a clue what is going on with all the stats listed. Also it has lots of players down as locked/moveable. Does that mean that this week actually counts towards our league standings? That's a bit mad given most of the games were over before we drafted. I know it's a long term thing so no biggie. But looking at it, I have a lot to figure out about how this whole thing even works!

EDIT: nevermind, it must just do that stuff for each week anyway. But yeah this IDP stuff is giving me a headache. Time for a beer I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keithdelahunty

I also experienced issues trying to select players to draft, a few times I was trying to select another player but wud not appear as draft option other times player selected and I was clicking draft but instead auto kicked in. Just issues with the app and I guess using laptop on chair rather than desk.

Generally happy with draft although no idea what was going on with defence picks

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Limpar

Can't help you there, looking at the team listing I actually haven't a clue what is going on with all the stats listed. Also it has lots of players down as locked/moveable. Does that mean that this week actually counts towards our league standings? That's a bit mad given most of the games were over before we drafted. I know it's a long term thing so no biggie. But looking at it, I have a lot to figure out about how this whole thing even works!

This week (and every week before it) has been set as a bye week, so it won't count towards any results.
    I think the defensive positions are as follows:
    DL: DE, DT
    DB: S, CB
    LB

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Limpar wrote: »
    This week (and every week before it) has been set as a bye week, so it won't count towards any results.
    I think the defensive positions are as follows:
    DL: DE, DT
    DB: S, CB
    LB

Yeah kind of getting my head round it now, so if you are setting up your DBs, can you just put in any combination of corners and safeties, or does there have to be one of each?

Yeah kind of getting my head round it now, so if you are setting up your DBs, can you just put in any combination of corners and safeties, or does there have to be one of each?

Any combination will do fine.

The DP position is then basically your Defensive Flex, so any Defensive player can be dropped in.

• Advertisement

I imported the league into the free "My Playbook" section on https://www.fantasypros.com/ and it's predicted the following standings for the rest of the season:

Rank Team Score
    1 Balreask Cowboys 100.0%
    2 Steel City Celtic 91.0%
    3 Team Stevens 89.9%
    4 Terenure Red Stars 89.5%
    5 Ireland United 88.1%
    6 Team Fetherston 88.0%
    7 North London Gunners 87.9%
    8 Team Mannion 83.7%
    9 Team F-Society 82.3%
    10 Dublin Squirrels 76.5%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I imported the league into the free "My Playbook" section on https://www.fantasypros.com/ and it's predicted the following standings for the rest of the season:

Rank Team Score
    1 Balreask Cowboys 100.0%
    2 Steel City Celtic 91.0%
    3 Team Stevens 89.9%
    4 Terenure Red Stars 89.5%
    5 Ireland United 88.1%
    6 Team Fetherston 88.0%
    7 North London Gunners 87.9%
    8 Team Mannion 83.7%
    9 Team F-Society 82.3%
    10 Dublin Squirrels 76.5%

Eh should I be excited I got 100%
    Or very fudging scared

Who wants a trade

Lads did you all enjoy the draft
    It was quick fire and confusing but I enjoyed it
    I hoping we've a trade done by tomorrow morning evening

Don't forget keep trades on private messages and future draft picks can be traded as part of the deal

Any questions reach out to myself or limpar and we'll get back to you

Hope everyone has a great season

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Rated second on Fantasy Pros gotta be happy with that, although my wide receiver depth is weak. Got all of the defensive picks I was after so not too shabby. Had to take a shower after picking Brady though, didn't feel right....

billr67 wrote: »
    Rated second on Fantasy Pros gotta be happy with that, although my wide receiver depth is weak. Got all of the defensive picks I was after so not too shabby. Had to take a shower after picking Brady though, didn't feel right....

Queue Brady blows it out of the water this sunday
    Looks like i'm ranked number one so i'd have to accept that
    kept having my planned draftee's go one or two spots ahead of me..
    Luke Keuchely and JJ watt were taken 1 spot beofre me
    grrrrr
    But i think i've a solid d-line and look to improve the Offense through the draft and trades!!!

• Advertisement

right lads,
    who's up for making the first trade..
    Pm me ;)
    Limpar i know you love a trade, i'm sure you've eyes on one of my guys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

I'm game for any offensive trades... But honestly have no idea what I've got on the defensive side of the ball so i'll leave that for now ;)

Guys,

Just a reminder that you can start claiming free-agent players.
    When you submit a claim for a player, you'll be asked what portion of your $100 dollar season-budget you'd like to bid.
    If multiple bids have been received for the same player, when the auction ends (4pm daily) the team who bid the most will receive the player.

Limpar, empty you mail box, its full and mails aren't going through to you ;)

Guys,

Just a reminder that you can start claiming free-agent players.
    When you submit a claim for a player, you'll be asked what portion of your $100 dollar season-budget you'd like to bid.
    If multiple bids have been received for the same player, when the auction ends (4pm daily) the team who bid the most will receive the player.

As a tip, you can bid $0 for a player if you want and if no one else bids for the same player you'll pick them up for free, so rather than spending your whole budget early you might get to keep it for essential players later ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

If anyone wants to trade for a kicker other than Gostowski....I think I have all the kickers.

If anyone wants to trade for a kicker other than Gostowski....I think I have all the kickers.

Did you autodraft???
    i have two mate but thanks,
    if you get no offers drop them on waivers and pick up some players

brinty wrote: »
    Did you autodraft???
    i have two mate but thanks,
    if you get no offers drop them on waivers and pick up some players

Last few rounds were autodraft yeah, thought I'd set a limit of 2 but doesn't seem to have worked. Yeah I'll probably end up dropping them but I'll leave them for a while in case anyone is interested. Roster is so big it shouldn't make too big a difference.

Last few rounds were autodraft yeah, thought I'd set a limit of 2 but doesn't seem to have worked. Yeah I'll probably end up dropping them but I'll leave them for a while in case anyone is interested. Roster is so big it shouldn't make too big a difference.

fair enough...
    I got Dan the Man Bailey, ace kicker supreme and then he goes and misses a field goal last night!!!!
    He was my only Cowboy up to 32 where i had to take Tony romo

You ended up with 6 kickers
    Holy heck bat bull....

You may drop two and pick up on your D

• Advertisement

Almost through day one and no trades

I feel like I've let you down folks

There's offers and interest out there if you're looking

On the second day and a trade has been agreed

And its a BIG ONE

Limpar acquires Ben Roethlisberger and LeSean McCoy
    Brinty acquires Andrew Luck and Limpar's 4th round pick in 2017

We're up and running and off to the races folks.

I know several feelers have gone out to people so don't be afraid to make a trade or offer one for players you want/ like.

Please remember keep all your negotiations on private mail until concluded. Once concluded you must post the trade on the main thread.

If any guidance is required, please reach out to myself or Limpar.

Nice, no messing about gents :) Does the draft just include the incoming rookies, or all free agents etc? Like how valuable is a 4th round pick? Or was it just a lil sweetener?

gerryfed wrote:
    Nice, no messing about gents Does the draft just include the incoming rookies, or all free agents etc? Like how valuable is a 4th round pick? Or was it just a lil sweetener?

The draft is for incoming rookies only

At the end of the season you'll need to drop 6 players from your roster and trading/free agency is suspended. So if any of your players retire etc you drop them. If you want to drop more than six you can.

We then hold the rookie draft in July. This will be six rounds and runs like the NFL draft . The worst teams get the best picks. You can use your six picks to restore your roster to 32.

Once the draft is done free agency opens and any player available can be acquired. Obviously you've to endure you've free spaces on your roster. You've $100 to spend every season in s use it or lose it basis. There's a blind bidding process, so if you have the highest bid you get the player. If there's a tie it'd based the winner is whomever had the higher waiver position.

After free agency players can be picked up at any stage. If you spend your $100 you can still acquire players for $0.

Hope that explains it. I'm in my phone so will put better explanation up if required later.

The 4th rounder like in the NFL could be good or bad. You could get Dak Prescott or some randomer. It's a game of luck. It depends on what you need.

Obviously trading picks is subjective and you learn as you go.

No no, that's plenty of info :) Makes sense! Cheers

gerryfed wrote:
    No no, that's plenty of info Makes sense! Cheers

No problem at all mate

Now get trading

Smiley winky face 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭billr67

Limpar continues his squad rebuilding he receives David Johnson for Le'Veon Bell who returns to the Steel City where he belongs. (Better behave himself or I'm really going to regret this!)

Wow interesting trade

Limpar is on a roll and receives Amari Cooper for Will Fuller and a second.

• Advertisement

Limpar building rapidly
    Some interesting moves
    How many trades can we see done today??

Just a small note,when trading draft picks can you include the year the pick is for so I can update the draft tracker

Advertisement