Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City West Christmas World

Options
  • 21-09-2016 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭

Thinking about booking the Christmas world Santa in City West this year.... anyone been previously? good bad or indifferent???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wicked_wytch

Went last year when they called it magical wonderland, I'm afraid to say it was terrible and a million miles away from a wonderland. Its a pity because if they'd done it properly it had the potential to be really good but it really was half assed. The 'holding area' for the kids waiting to see santa was basically the hotel conference room with a couple of cheapo decorations dotted around the place, with loud disco music playing, I thought at least play some christmas music to get us in the mood. The reindeer looked miserable in a makeshift pen out on the roof with a pony and a goat to keep it company, no real christmas theme around them, just the animals behind a little gate. The room with santa in it had all the presents stacked up beside him instead of coming down the fake chimney or something so of course my toddler thought they were all for him and we had to battle him from opening them all up. Santa had a real beard though and was very nice. Definitely not the wonderland advertised. And all the supposed craft stalls (maybe 2) in the 'christmas market' were closed! The gifts were the cheapest of stuff that you would get in the pound shop, some soft blocks for the baby were ripped with the stuffing coming out :(

Now the kids had fun but only because they were 6 months and 2 at the time and didn't know any better, if they'd been older they would have been dissapointed. We swore we'd never go again. Tried to book rathwood this year but weekends were sold out after a day or two I think, so we've booked christmas island. Hoping it will be be an improvement on last year.

Sorry I can't give a better review but maybe they've improved it this year since I think last year was the first year of it.

Advertisement