Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Classic car repairs

• 21-09-2016 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭ beer enigma

Total nightmare, I own a 1970 Kharmann Ghia which 'was' in mint condition. I've had it garaged in the UK for the last year until I could build a garage here and finally had it shipped last week. Shippers have dinged it badly by the looks of it and are recommending their approved repairers.

There's not a cats chance in hell that I'm using them & was hoping someone here could recommend someone.

I'm in Cork, but I don't care where it is providing they can do a good job - it's repairable, but I want someone that knows what they are doing.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 4,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭ kadman

Jon White Vw spares.ie. Castledermot.

But I hear on the grapevine he,s booked for 8+ months.

But worth a call, he,s a proper gent, and knows his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭ beer enigma

kadman wrote: »
    Jon White Vw spares.ie. Castledermot.

But I hear on the grapevine he,s booked for 8+ months.

But worth a call, he,s a proper gent, and knows his stuff.

Thanks - called him and he's maxxed out but trying to find me another repairer, so fair dues to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭ Diabhalta

As far as I know there are no people in Cork that repair old cars.

I have my scimitar outside my house on axle stands waiting for a miracle to happen. Or winning big in lottery so I can take it abroad.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 4,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭ kadman

Diabhalta wrote: »
    As far as I know there are no people in Cork that repair old cars.

I have my scimitar outside my house on axle stands waiting for a miracle to happen. Or winning big in lottery so I can take it abroad.

Did you not get that sorted since:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭ Diabhalta

No, because I live in Cork. And that's a problem. I wish I could just open the yellow pages but unfortunately it doesn't work this way I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement