Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bereavement counselling recommendation

Options
  • 21-09-2016 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all.

I am hoping someone on here could give me a recommendation of a good bereavement counsellor in or around Galway City.

7 months ago my father passed away from a heart attack at a young age and I haven't dealt with his death at all. I believe that speaking to a professional is the way to go.

I'm looking for a recommendation as I have heard stories of some counsellors being no help while others are great help. I understand that each person will find different counsellors right for them.

Insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Admin: If this is in the wrong location then please move.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Welcome Galway_2016,

First off I'm so sorry to hear of your loss; but fair play on recognising that you need help. That takes strength in itself.

I've heard from various friends that there is a number of good counsellors available in Galway, though unfortunately I can't personally recommend any to you. We have a good community of posters here on boards whom might be able to steer you in the right direction of someone good. For privacy sake, I might ask that any numbers or email addresses be privately messaged to you.

In the interim, there is a Bereavement forum on boards where you might find some solace, and definitely some friendly ears if you wish to post there.
    Click here for the Bereavement Forum.

I truly hope that you find the help and peace that you're seeking.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Really sorry to hear about your loss, but you're doing the right thing looking for help.

UCHG have a bereavement liaison officer (Anne McKeown) and she's actually very good. I don't have contact info to hand but I can find it out. I'll try and remember to private message it to you this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Really sorry to hear about your loss OP, I lost my father through a heart attack a few years ago and nothing in my life has compared to the pain of losing him. Well done on deciding to go to counselling, it helped me immensely. I was a student of NUIG and used their counselling services but as was previously mentioned the hospitals bereavement liaison officer should be able to give you a list of people in your area.

There is also a thread here on boards which i've found very useful over the years as a place to talk when you don't feel like talking face to face with someone.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056481009

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Galway_2016

Thanks to you all for your kind words and advice.

I'll definitely look into those options.

Advertisement