Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Do I need a tax book to tax my car?

• 21-09-2016 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭ SpitfireIV

Hi guys!

Just a quick one....

I'm looking to tax my Spitfire next week, it'll be the first time I tax it. Do I need the tax book? I cant for the life of me find it or do I have to apply for a new one. It's in my name etc so there shouldn't be a problem but if I could tax it without the book that'd be handier still.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭ Bigus

Put the reg into motor tax.ie and ask for pin retrieval, it should email you a pin to tax it once the details you enter are exactly the same as registration details IE correct name and address word for word as is on tax book .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭ SpitfireIV

Bigus wrote: »
    Put the reg into motor tax.ie and ask for pin retrieval, it should email you a pin to tax it once the details you enter are exactly the same as registration details IE correct name and address word for word as is on tax book .

Thanks, been trying that but no joy :confused: I'll call into the tax office next week and grab a form.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ welder

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Thanks, been trying that but no joy :confused: I'll call into the tax office next week and grab a form.

You can print the form from Motortax.ie

https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/pdf/RF100A_en.pdf

Advertisement