Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friend refusing to pay for damage he caused.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Jawgap wrote: »
    Yeah, as the old saying goes....."don't bring a pencil case to a phone fight" :D

Dan may have played Wallie Phonie before!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭cml387

It seems like the OP has more problems...not android related this time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

cml387 wrote: »

The plot thickens.smile.png

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JohanFr

I'd go to dans parents if he didn't cooperate, tell them the story and ask for 50, as I was partially to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JohanFr

Greenman wrote: »
    The plot thickens.]

All because of a mandarin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Just text/what's app him to say the phone was damaged when he threw the pencil case against the wall, it's going to cost you €x to get it fixed and you'd appreciate it of he'd pay 50% as you were both acting the pr1ck and should share the responsibility.

If he's really your friend he'll agree, if he doesn't then he's not much of a friend so chalk it down to experience and move on.

In fairness there's no way he could be expected to think that a pencil case you'd been hitting him with could contain a €400 phone. You set a precedent when you treated the pencil case irresponsibly yourself so he has plenty of mitigation in his favor.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

cml387 wrote: »

Case cracked...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭happycoach

Chavways wrote: »
    Sounds like Dan isn't your friend anymore...

Get your parents involved if you think they will have any sway on the situation but to be honest, I can see it being brought back to "it was only a pencil case. I didn't know there was a 400 euro phone in there" from his side of things.

+2

Hope ye got it sorted

Advertisement