Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Christmas in a hotel (Dublin)

• 20-09-2016 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28 DocR

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for spending Christmas in a Dublin Hotel? 2 nights to include Christmas dinner (obviously!). it's for myself and my husband, no children.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭ Jude13

Depends on two things, budget and if you want to hang around the hotel or not.

I love grafton street area at Christmas so having a bed near by could do as you could choose to be out and about all the time. However, if you want to put your feet up beside a fire with a christmas tree beside you then you may have to spend a bit more.

For me you can't beat the Shelbourne at Christmas. I was there the 23rd last year and will be staying this year 22nd-24th. It is so damn Christmassy. If you can get a heritage room overlooking the green even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DocR

Thanks Jude, I will check out the Shelbourne but suspect it may be a bit over-budget! I got a quote from the Radisson Blu in St. Helens which is pretty good so leaning that way at the moment. We have stayed at the Conrad on Earlsfort Terrace a few times and it was lovely but looking for somewhere different to try.

I wangled a corporate rate out of them so I am lucky. I would try closer to the city centre to get a buzz. If you can hold off till a few days before I would use lastminute.com secret hotels. Its really good value and very easy to figure out which hotel it is before booking with a little bit of googling.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭ Toto Wolfcastle

Haven't stayed in a hotel at Christmas but I remember reading about Christmas at The Dylan and it sounds lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DocR

Jude, I would be too afraid of missing out altogether if I waited until too close to Christmas - am a cautious creature!

Toto, hadn't thought of the Dylan so will get on to that now, many thanks.

• Advertisement

There's some lovely town house types in Dublin, think one on the green used to be called browns, there are a few on Dawson street also that might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 dar100

Hi

I'm looking for places that do xmas day dinner around Dublin, hotel, venues etc. Any ideas, not too expensive, mind you

cheers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

dar100 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm looking for places that do xmas day dinner around Dublin, hotel, venues etc. Any ideas, not too expensive, mind you

cheers

Hey dar100 this is a similar thread that might be of use to you, so I merged your thread in here with the existing thread. Hopefully it helps and welcome to the Christmas Forum! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭ Toto Wolfcastle

The Westin and Cleaver East both do Christmas dinner but they're not cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 Crazyteacher

I wasn't pushed on the Radisson St Helens , food or otherwise. I did stay in Carton House Maynooth another Christmas and it was fabulous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement