Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,395 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Yes, they are doing it 25% off 6 wines/champagnes from today

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

zell12 wrote: »

thanks, i was there yesterday. great to know. tks Zell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Does that include Baileys? I've got some 10 off €50 vouchers to use and there's a limit to how many 12 packs of Pedigree dogfood I want to stockpile.

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Does that include Baileys? .
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

3 Pampers nappy jumbo packs for €20. Also some toilet roll and washing tablets in the offer too.

https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32936553&icid=ROI_GHP_M4_Baby_household

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

200g Nescafe Gold and Kenco - 2 for €8

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Does that include Baileys? I've got some 10 off €50 vouchers to use and there's a limit to how many 12 packs of Pedigree dogfood I want to stockpile.

since when was baileys a wine or champagne? :D

are you sure? its not on the website

Seve OB wrote: »

I got a few bottles last year 4 of wine and got the 6 bottle discount, and €5 or €10 voucher discount too. Revenue used to classify Baileys as "fortified wine" or something years ago when you could get duty free going to UK/France. I guess they didn't have a handy pigeonhole to put it into at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭mrm

I've just picked up a batch in store at 25% off. I was told it will be on for a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lots of people would be unaware what is in it. Some of the baileys knockoffs are made with wine and they might have seen that on those bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,905 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In previous years you could also get vermouth, sherry, port and even half or quarter bottles of wine count count as part of your 6.
    The small bottles were especially handy if you were on foot with limited carrying capacity :)

The offer hasn't activated online - or maybe it is instore only - so I can't check the small print on it this time.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I got a few bottles last year 4 of wine and got the 6 bottle discount, and €5 or €10 voucher discount too. Revenue used to classify Baileys as "fortified wine" or something years ago when you could get duty free going to UK/France. I guess they didn't have a handy pigeonhole to put it into at the time!

well considering its made from whiskey & cream i think they put it in the wrong pigeonhole :)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Just to clarify this, I worked with Baileys back in the eighties and it was never classified as a fortified wine, and was always classified as a spirit.

As a new product back then, there was an issue as to what category of spirits it belonged to and, if memory serves correctly, it was classified as a Home Made Compounded Spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭cozar

That’s an hour I’ll never get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

coldfire1x wrote: »
    200g Nescafe Gold and Kenco - 2 for €8

Cheapest I've seen the kenco for a good while, I bought loads as I use the blue and my wife loves the red.
    The large jars of Lor are included too and they are still doing 5 for €5 on the C & C minerals (pepsi, club,7up) and random chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭cozar

cozar wrote: »
    That’s an hour I’ll never get back.

Wrong thread:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yes i was in a Tesco earlier and they have the signs up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CH3OH

A new 5 for 5 euro offer from tomorrow until next Tuesday 8th
    Too many to list 63 items

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32933562&action=toggleProdListView_6&viewMode=list
    7 up
    Pepsi
    Club orange Rock Shandy TK
    Various Smarties tubes, Rowntree and others
    Milka chocolate
    Flavoured Volvic
    Miwadi 1L
    Walkers Wotsits
    Small selection boxes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

slab of carlsberg 24 cans for 20 euro

• Advertisement

An offer on coffee pods
    3 for 9 euro

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32933508
    Tassimo
    Nespresso
    Dolce gusto

Some of the Tassimo are 6.99 each

odyssey06 wrote: »
    In previous years you could also get vermouth, sherry, port and even half or quarter bottles of wine count count as part of your 6.
    The small bottles were especially handy if you were on foot with limited carrying capacity :)

The offer hasn't activated online - or maybe it is instore only - so I can't check the small print on it this time.

Some Sherry and Port are included in the 25% off 6

mean gene wrote: »
    slab of carlsberg 24 cans for 20 euro

Guinness too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

CH3OH wrote: »
    A new 5 for 5 euro offer from tomorrow until next Tuesday 8th
    Too many to list 63 items

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32933562&action=toggleProdListView_6&viewMode=list
    7 up
    Pepsi
    Club orange Rock Shandy TK
    Various Smarties tubes, Rowntree and others
    Milka chocolate
    Flavoured Volvic
    Miwadi 1L
    Walkers Wotsits
    Small selection boxes

Lads just be careful on the 5 for €5. My local Tesco (rathfarnham) have the big shelf full of stuff advertised at the price.... except there's always a few different things there that aren't included.
    I've sent Tesco an email telling them they need to put exactly what is in the offer on the shelf and I got a lovely reply...."please return to your store with your receipt for a refund". I'd have expected something like "the store manager has been informed or we'll do our best to make sure this doesn't happen again", but unfortunately not.

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Just to clarify this, I worked with Baileys back in the eighties and it was never classified as a fortified wine, and was always classified as a spirit.

As a new product back then, there was an issue as to what category of spirits it belonged to and, if memory serves correctly, it was classified as a Home Made Compounded Spirit.

I guess Baileys comes under "Intermediate products" per the Revenue guidance today for duty free allowances for travellers arriving from outside the EU:

Intermediate products that contain 22% alcohol or less (for example, sherry, port or sparkling wine) - 2 litres

So you can bring 1 bottle of spirits, or 2 bottles of fortified wine eg sherry - or 2 bottles of Baileys.

Maybe the Customs officer found it easier to say "fortified wine" than explain the alcohol percentage.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Lads just be careful on the 5 for €5. My local Tesco (rathfarnham) have the big shelf full of stuff advertised at the price.... except there's always a few different things there that aren't included.
    I've sent Tesco an email telling them they need to put exactly what is in the offer on the shelf and I got a lovely reply...."please return to your store with your receipt for a refund". I'd have expected something like "the store manager has been informed or we'll do our best to make sure this doesn't happen again", but unfortunately not.

Terenure is the same, they have the malteasers teasers bars @ 5 for €5 and right beside them is the sharing bag for nearly €4 each. Sneaky swines

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lots of nuts & berries

Special OfferAny 2 For 4.00valid from 1/12/2020 until 7/12/2020

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32938870

some end up less than half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Kenco Milicano coffee is half price at the minute https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=milicano

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

I have a €10 of €50 voucher for Tesco.Does it apply to buying a laptop anyone know?

• Advertisement

I have a €10 of €50 voucher for Tesco.Does it apply to buying a laptop anyone know?
    We can't read the t&c's for you.
    If it does not say 'groceries only', or exclude electronics, then go for it.

Advertisement