Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer service, good/bad in Limerick.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

phog wrote: »
    He's moved to Hogan's Chemist Upr William Street and I have to say I couldn't agree that he gives poor customer service.

I use him whenever I need something done and never had an issue. He's cheaper than Harvey Normans to print photos.

He's actually a character, I've had a great laugh with him a couple of times, really droll, he was taking the piss out of the gang below in the 'Pollack holes' one day, pretending to be having a great time and freezing their holes off,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭orm0nd

tippman1 wrote: »
    Many years ago when Spaights was still in existance, I was browsing when one of the older male staff approached me and said "Well, Boss...what are you looking for there?" Such eloquent customer service is hard to come by these days.

we bought a fair bit of stuff at Spaights when we were doing up the old house, we must have looked very dodgy (most likely still do :rolleyes: ) 'cos there was an old security guy that used to follow us every where, to annoy him we used to split up and go different ways,

he was breathing down the neck of my carpenter one day when he was sussing out new type door locks & yer man lost his cool , walked straight into the office & told the manager that he was walking out & they could go pot for what was on a/c if the "wolfhound" didn't back off,

he kinda kept his distance after that.

to keep on topic, a couple of places I failed to mention in my previous post,

Good: Trade electric, Limerick Brakes, & Christy Madden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

He's actually a character, I've had a great laugh with him a couple of times, really droll, he was taking the piss out of the gang below in the 'Pollack holes' one day, pretending to be having a great time and freezing their holes off,

I don't doubt it (assuming we're talking about the same person). Perhaps I caught him at a bad time, it was early on a Monday morning I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭McSween

Pharmacy beside Ryan's Centra. About three years ago two members of staff started giving each other several dead arms. I think they were junior pharmacists as had ties on. I only go there now unless absolutely necessary, ie only twice since then. My wife also thinks they are idiots for reasons i cant remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

McSween wrote: »
    Pharmacy beside Ryan's Centra. About three years ago two members of staff started giving each other several dead arms. I think they were junior pharmacists as had ties on. I only go there now unless absolutely necessary, ie only twice since then. My wife also thinks they are idiots for reasons i cant remember.

Could you explain that, please? Giving each other dead arms?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

tippman1 wrote: »
    Could you explain that, please? Giving each other dead arms?

A good thump of the bicep, with the knuckles, can leave an arm numb for a while. Sometimes up to a few days! Great fun among 9 year old boys. A bit sad when you're older.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Was one of them a prominent Limerick hurler I wonder?

Was one of them a prominent Limerick hurler I wonder?

In all honesty, I do not not have a clue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Future, Sound and Vision (FSV) on Upper William Street. Always find the lads in there very nice to deal with. Buy all my tvs there, could probably buy them a bit cheaper in the likes of Currys or Harvey Normans but I find the aftersales service in FSV is worth the small price difference plus they are local.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

BOI in Parkway is going soon as well. It's a shame to see branches close, even if I have bad experiences with some of their staff members.

That's a shame, they were always very nice to me.

I never understood why they closed at lunchtime - I always need to take an early or late lunch if I have to go there, which is very inconvenient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

topcat72 wrote: »
    Ryan's Locksmiths on Upper William Street - some of the soundest I have dealt with. Knowledgeable.

I also agree - been using them since 1990. Very professional. I once had to change a lock and they gave me clear instructions so I could do it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Mr E wrote:
    I never understood why they closed at lunchtime - I always need to take an early or late lunch if I have to go there, which is very inconvenient.
    Agreed, that was incredibly frustrating!

Another honorable mention to Raheen Pharmacy at Courtfields, man in his 50s serving me, ‘do you take hse discount?’ And he swftly replied ‘no’. Absolute wanker the way he said that. The place is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Another honorable mention to Raheen Pharmacy at Courtfields, man in his 50s serving me, ‘do you take hse discount?’ And he swftly replied ‘no’. Absolute wanker the way he said that. The place is a joke.

They are extremely abrupt in their I find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I went to that pharmacy in Raheen once. Was served by a man who I think may have been the owner/manager. Found him quite rude and abrupt. He seemed to be very bothered by the fact that he actually had to deal with customers.
    I didn't pay a return visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Keatings in Dooradoyle are much nicer

I went to that pharmacy in Raheen once. Was served by a man who I think may have been the owner/manager. Found him quite rude and abrupt. He seemed to be very bothered by the fact that he actually had to deal with customers.
    I didn't pay a return visit.

You summed it up perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

SuperValu in Corbally and Castletroy both have appalling customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭phog

SuperValu in Corbally and Castletroy both have appalling customer service.

I'm a regular shopper in SV in Castletroy and I couldn't agree with the bolded bit above. I find all their staff extremely helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gryff

phog wrote: »
    I'm a regular shopper in SV in Castletroy and I couldn't agree with the bolded bit above. I find all their staff extremely helpful.

Have to agree - A lot of the staff are there years and I always find them helpful and friendly. The shop itself has struggled and often annoyingly stops stocking products you want to buy. This isnt the staff's fault though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

gryff wrote: »
    Have to agree - A lot of the staff are there years and I always find them helpful and friendly. The shop itself has struggled and often annoyingly stops stocking products you want to buy. This isnt the staff's fault though..

+1 on SuperValu Castletroy.

However, I do find the customer service in La Cucina Castletroy to be fairly poor. I used to call their regularly for a morning coffee but the staff never seemed too polite, or happy. (unless they happened to be serving a Munster rugby player :pac:)

Advertisement