Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to visit Santa?

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

saggycaggy wrote: »
    oh god! They're 4 and 8 and kinda scaredy cats like myself! Is it really that bad? Maybe we'll go early before it gets dark, we were thinking of going Sunday 30th. Thanks for the heads up!

We got in @1030 on Saturday morning. We were on the first train. We had to get off after not even a minute. I'd say we didn't go 40 feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Did some stables in meath 3 year's ago, it was good, but never happened again.

Did Palmerstown house 2 years ago, santa and Mrs clause was good, venue was rubbish, cheap marquee with rubbish facilities in it. Terrible train too.

Rathwood last year, excellent I have to say. Train was class, staff excellent, Mr frost and Mrs clause were brilliant plus santa had the personal touch in knowing something about your kid. Presents were good also. This place sells out for a reason.
    Heading back this year.

Santa clause in Johnstownew garden centre is good, he is free so no presents etc, but can get photo etc for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

We have done slane castle two years in a row. They had the rooms set up differently but basically you get led through the castle by elves writing your letter,helping in the factory etc until you are brought to a huge sitting room with Mrs Claus in front of the fire reading stories,from there you get called into Santa.there are two Santa's on the go and both years both had real beards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Whispered wrote: »
    We went on a Saturday and probably later in the day than we should have. When we go this year we will go earlier and do the train and walk as it gets dusky then queue to see Santa.

When we were there the queues weren't that bad. If I remember correctly we were about 20/30 mins waiting in the little room. They take in a certain amount of people so I'd imagine that's pretty standard. While waiting to get into the room, kids were playing in the play centre.

I think there was more than one Santa (although kids wouldn't have a clue). At the back of the room there was an air hockey table and you could look down onto the play centre and elves so not too bad of a wait.

Now the food on offer left a lot to be desired but that's the only bad thing I could say. Even at that, the food would be popular with kids (chips, nuggets etc).

Actually I'll have a root through my pics later and find the exact date and time we went if you like.

Sorry, it was a Monday. Monday 14th at about 5pm. I thought it was a sat because I knew it was a day out from my boys birthday.

Also just to mention, you don't get the gift off Santa himself, the elves give it to you on the way out. Santas room is pretty small. Just looking back at the pics and it has a wooden, decking type floor and curtains on the walls with fairy lights. Don't know if older kids would be all that impressed tbh. But the santa looked great and was brilliant with our 1 year old.

Advertisement