Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

no eircode on my property.

• 01-09-2016 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

My house was started in 2012 and completed in 2014. i do not have an eircode. I emailed eircode who give me the following unhelpful email.
    Good Afternoon,
    Thank you for your query in relation to having an Eircode assigned to your location.
    Eircodes are assigned to all active postal addresses that are contained in the data provided to us by An Post GeoDirectory on a quarterly basis. If there is no red dot over the location of your property on the map it means that no Eircode has been assigned because insufficient or no address information has been provided to us for that location. You can establish this by searching the address and viewing the map available for that area on www.eircode.ie.
    New build / newly occupied postal addresses must be in circulation (mail must be delivered on a regular and continuing basis) and can take some time to be added to the database of postal addresses that we use to assign Eircodes. From the information that you have provided in your query we would recommend that you contact An Post (they create and assign postal addresses) to query the process that you are required to undertake to have your postal address added to the data that An Post GeoDirectory provide to us. You can contact the An Post Customer Service Centre on 1850 57 58 59.
    We understand that you would like to use and have an Eircode but please note that we are not responsible for creating and assigning postal addresses. The process that is currently in place means that we can only assign Eircodes to existing postal addresses when they are provided to us.
    Once we receive a postal address for your location (as mentioned an updated version of the postal address database is provided to us on a quarterly basis) an Eircode will be assigned.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further assistance.

ANY IDEAS?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You could always do as they say and contact An Post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

UrbanFret wrote: »
    My house was started in 2012 and completed in 2014. i do not have an eircode. I emailed eircode who give me the following unhelpful email.
    Good Afternoon,
    Thank you for your query in relation to having an Eircode assigned to your location.
    Eircodes are assigned to all active postal addresses that are contained in the data provided to us by An Post GeoDirectory on a quarterly basis. If there is no red dot over the location of your property on the map it means that no Eircode has been assigned because insufficient or no address information has been provided to us for that location. You can establish this by searching the address and viewing the map available for that area on www.eircode.ie.
    New build / newly occupied postal addresses must be in circulation (mail must be delivered on a regular and continuing basis) and can take some time to be added to the database of postal addresses that we use to assign Eircodes. From the information that you have provided in your query we would recommend that you contact An Post (they create and assign postal addresses) to query the process that you are required to undertake to have your postal address added to the data that An Post GeoDirectory provide to us. You can contact the An Post Customer Service Centre on 1850 57 58 59.
    We understand that you would like to use and have an Eircode but please note that we are not responsible for creating and assigning postal addresses. The process that is currently in place means that we can only assign Eircodes to existing postal addresses when they are provided to us.
    Once we receive a postal address for your location (as mentioned an updated version of the postal address database is provided to us on a quarterly basis) an Eircode will be assigned.

You're fcuked so if you need an ambulance. Allegedly it's their first port of call and they'll get lost if you don't know or in your case don't have an eircode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    You're fcuked so if you need an ambulance. Allegedly it's their first port of call and they'll get lost if you don't know or in your case don't have an eircode.

You're well ****ed anyway where I live. Ambulance time could be anything between 45 mins and 1hr 15. Plenty of time to cut a few bushes and light them for guidance.:p

Alun wrote: »
    Seems a lot of bother to me. I have been receiving post here for the last 2 1/2 years so if they were going to inform them they'd have done so by now. However on the plus side Irish water can't bill me because my property isn't on the google map their using.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

In the meantime, get a neighbouring eircode just in case of emergency or even for other callers - "I'm the new house next to w97yh33" :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

This might be it ?

How do I get Eircodes onto my addresses?

If you want to update your data with Eircodes please contact us at +353 1 705 7005 and we will talk you through how we can do that with our new service AddressFix.

https://www.geodirectory.ie/Home/Postcodes.aspx

gctest50 wrote: »
    This might be it ?

This looks like a promising lead.

Walter2016 wrote: »
    In the meantime, get a neighbouring eircode just in case of emergency or even for other callers - "I'm the new house next to w97yh33" :-D

I already had to do this to enroll one of the kids in college as i couldn't complete the registration without an eircode. bit ridiculous really!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

I already had to do this to enroll one of the kids in college as i couldn't complete the registration without an eircode. bit ridiculous really!;)

Or you could you know contact An Post as has been suggested before

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

gctest50 wrote: »
    This might be it ?
    Nothing to do with the question at hand, that's a service for businesses who want to clean up their address databases.

Look OP, despite it all apparently being "too much bother" you're going to have to call An Post as indicated in the original email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

A colleague of mine was in a similar situation, no Eircode yet lived at that address for 2.5 years since it was built. My first email to Eircode.ie got no reply so I tried again a week or two later with a screenshot of a map from Eircode.ie from looking for his house and showing that it had no red dot on it, along with providing coordinates. That got a far faster response and 5 weeks later, a red dot appeared on his house on the Eircode Finder.

Really though, there sould be a link on their website for reporting a house without an Eircode with an option of giving coordinates and a map, to make it as easy as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Good Afternoon,

Yes. As the email says, phone An Post:

"From the information that you have provided in your query we would recommend that you contact An Post (they create and assign postal addresses) to query the process that you are required to undertake to have your postal address added to the data that An Post GeoDirectory provide to us. You can contact the An Post Customer Service Centre on 1850 57 58 5"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Alun wrote: »
    Seems a lot of bother to me. I have been receiving post here for the last 2 1/2 years so if they were going to inform them they'd have done so by now. However on the plus side Irish water can't bill me because my property isn't on the google map their using.:D
    One phone call seems like a lot of bother? :ermm:

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Bray Head

Walter2016 wrote: »

Wow simple anti-fraud measures are so ridiculous.

Advertisement