Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boring pre-Christmas tasks support

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

The sitting room is finally painted, except for the door but I'll do that over the weekend or so.
    Most of the furniture has been put back in its rightful place and over the next few days the artwork can go back onto the walls and nic nacs (which I washed and dusted before the works started and have been stored safely) can also be brought our again.

Tomorrow all my time will be spent taking a lamb apart for the freezer.

Luckily I don't have to crawl in attics to get to my christmas decorations as they are all stuffed under the staircase and easy to reach.
    Can't put my tree up yet because where I place it still needs plastering. And I hope that will happen next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Got my blinds back today and my decorator came and changed the wallpaper. That means I am all set for putting the tree up tomorrow :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Tackled my mams oven used the baking soda and vinegar remedy it's looking good for the big day

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

I did my oven on Friday...ts now pristine......I used a bottle of Mighty Oven Cleaner. you put all the chrome shelves into a supplied, plastic bag. Pour some of the solution in it, and the gunge litteraly falls off. Use the rest of the solution on the oven bottom.....again, wipe the gunge off. Leave on overnight if you can. Makes an awful job, so much easier.

I did my oven on Friday...ts now pristine......I used a bottle of Mighty Oven Cleaner. you put all the chrome shelves into a supplied, plastic bag. Pour some of the solution in it, and the gunge litteraly falls off. Use the rest of the solution on the oven bottom.....again, wipe the gunge off. Leave on overnight if you can. Makes an awful job, so much easier.

Yes that's brilliant too I find it catches my breath so went with the baking soda remedy my oven needs doing to so il get himself to tackle that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Our decorations are going up next weekend so we finally started the cleaning today. Scrubbed the bathroom and kitchen and swept and washed some of the floors. We've made a list of what else needs to be done and we're going to do 15 minutes a night this week to get it done. Cleaning is such a pain.

That's a brilliant idea Toto might do that myself still jobs to do in my mams and my house I'm feeling overwhelmed with it all and once the jobs are done I've two trees to do too aswell as it been extremely hard time for us our first Christmas without my dear aunt

there's constant memories we would do everything together and especially at Christmas the run up to everything

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Testing an easy-to-do hair style for the season. May not be a boring task for some but I hate doing hair and makeup. So if this works (up in a 20's style roll overnight, hoping for curls in the morning) it will be great!

I'm pretty much ready for the tree to go up next weekend. Doors and skirtings to get a wipe down but that's it. The house could do with a paint in almost every room but it won't be done this side of the new year anyway so I won't worry about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

I need this, can I ask where u got it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Randle P. McMurphy

I seem to have stumbled in to an alternate reality. I have no words. I best just leave now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi Icsics, I got it in local Supervalu. It is around E4...its just brilliant. Pour liquid into heavy duty bag, put shelves into that,
    I usually leave it out in the garden, and turn it every few hours, to ensure all parts of the rungs are covered. I usually
    plan it for a time when I wont be using the oven, and leave it on over night. Pour remainder onto bottom of oven and
    swish around with a sponge. Orange and blue box, in the cleaning section. Aldi sometimes have it in their special section. And best of all, no huge fumes off it.

Advertisement