Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Desktop Build! (€2,500)

Options
  • 25-08-2016 3:12pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys! You did an amazing job with my first rig, which was 4.5 years ago, I need an upgrade! As I'll be doing video editing for a living. Any help would be majorly appreciated. In general I'm looking for best value, I'm sure there's a point where it gets astronomically priced for a little extra grunt.

1. What is your budget? €2,500

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Video editing 95% of the time. Also gaming would be nice.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? I'm happy with Windows 7. Should I upgrade to Win 10? I'm very suspicious that they offered it for free & forced people to upgrade.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes! I'd like two, that'd be sweet.

5a. If yes, what size do you need? 22'' or higher, depends on value

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? I'd love to see what the fuss over mechanical keyboards are like; mouse, 2.0 or 2.1 speakers. Also is there a way to connect your external hard drives to one 3.0 USB?

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? Card

9. When are you purchasing? Next two weeks if poss.

Comments

Advertisement