Happy new year everyone! Looking for a new video editing/gaming rig :)Was kinda hoping to get a second hand PC but i'm a bit sus now that i can't build it myself for cheaper.
1. What is your budget? Up to €600, but can be flexible if it's really good value for money/worth it...Extra 50 maybe.
2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Video editing, gaming (would like to be able to run new games on max settings, but at least "high" without problems), internet.
3. Do you need a copy of Windows? I have winXP but I'd get a student copy of Win7.
4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Yes.
HDD - I have 3 internal drives (1 x IDE, 2x SATA) but i'd need to replace the IDE, it's quite old. At least 500GB if not 1TB; but should the primary gaming drive be a solid state drive to get benefits?
I have an external DVD drive so i'd use that.
My friend gave me some bits and bobs for a new comp and i hope it's useful? If there's a much better thing out now for relatively cheap/good value i'll use that instead but i'd like to use at least some of it if not all --
RAM - My friend did give me two sticks of DDR2 1GB G.skill ram. I'd need at least 4GB but preferably 8GB if that's helpful (or is a dedicated graphics card better for games?)
Also a Termaltake TR2-470 power deeley. Is that good enough or do i need a new one?
Graphics Card - Sparkle GeForce 7900 PCI Express. 256MB GDDR3
5. Do you need a monitor? Yes
5a. If yes, what size do you need. widescreen ~20". There's probably a value/cost trade-off at a certain size and that's where i'd like to be
5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?
6. Do you need any of these peripherals?
I need a soundcard, it has to be great quality though; HD audio; that said I just need 2.0/2.1 with my setup, but i want music to sound great. (Already have speakers)
I'd like a cool case that has some lights ()
something like this or this
New Keyboard and wireless mouse as well... Is there anything else i need to have a functioning desktop?
7. Are you willing to try overclocking?
If it's easy and the risk of frying your stuff is low.
8. How can you pay?
Cash, credit card, paypal preferably. Other methods possible but undesired
9. When are you purchasing?
10. If you need help building it, where are you based?
Also, are these computers on adverts any good? if i could buy one of these and order one or two things online for overall cheaper, that's definitely an option.
this, this, this, this, this, or this? I quite like the cut of the first two, esp the first one - it comes with monitors. I've been frankensteining my dell over the years so i don't mind making the computer manually
Thanks for looking guys