Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Maia v Condit

Options
  • 24-08-2016 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

95e4039dd158b25e0b4e16e5f24c7f74.png

Date: Saturday 27th August
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (9:30pm, Fight Pass), Prelims (11pm, Fight Pass & BT Sport 2), Main Card (1am, BT Sport 2)
    Venue: Vancouver, BC
    Odds: Maia (11/10) v Condit (10/11)

Who Will Win The Main Event? 23 votes

Maia via KO/TKO
    0%
    Maia via Submission
    4%
    Gamb!t 1 vote
    Maia via Decision
    47%
    MorporkHokiUseful.IdiotriceroTubbs4EagererBeaverdarcedWrongway1985jousting with chairsTimRigginsMenoetius 11 votes
    Condit via KO/TKO
    8%
    Den_MJohn_D80 2 votes
    Condit via Submission
    39%
    callaway92[Deleted User]smilerfZero-CoolBrussels SproutJR6Amazingfunclever user namePorthallian 9 votes
    Condit via Decision
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Nice little card.

All four main card fights should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

mdwexford wrote: »
    Nice little card.

All four main card fights should be good.

"Early" card too. An added bonus. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Maia via Decision
    The main card not on Fightpass? AGAIN!!?? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The main card not on Fightpass? AGAIN!!?? :mad:

All main events are off fight pass going forward.
    Part of the new BT/Eir deal.

It's the standard arrangement when a TV channel has the rights. I think its been blacked out in the UK for a while. They recently realized that Ireland was too big a market to ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Maia via Decision
    Main event is impossible to call. I think Maia is a beast at 170 and this is a huge fight for him. Can see over the 25 minutes him being able to work and get a submission. Very nearly picked Condit though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

This is Maia's title eliminator imo. Im a huge fan of Maia, his jiu jitsu is immense. Simply perfected for MMA.
    Some people have been saying his run deserved a titleshot. which is a bit much tbh. His biggest win for Gunni when the belt was booked, and even his win over Brown didn't clearly put him in the top spot.

This is his first top 5 test. Both fighters in the top 5 surely he cements his claim (along with Lawlor and Wonderboy tbf) if he wins

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Condit via Submission
    I'd love to see Maia get the win and sub his way to the belt but I think Condit will know what's coming and be able to keep it standing. Big fan of both so just looking forward to a great scrap.

Pettis v Oliveira should be a great scrap as well as should be PVZ v Bec and Lauzon v Miller. Really really good main card. Above all, I hope Rawlings gets absolutely demolished.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

A nice enough start time for us too. Thank fúck for that.

Really like the look of that main card. Paige VanZant has a huge following thanks to her appearance on that 'Dancing with the Stars' thing. Coupled with the fact that it's free on FOX means there'll be a fairly big audience for this I'd say.

Maia/Condit is a really exciting fight on paper. I'm excited to see Condit in action again but I can't see it being the back and forth slug fest he had with Lawler at the start of the year.

Maia will surely have one thing on his mind and that's get him to the ground and work in a SUB.

Fun fight.

BUT

Let's be honest lads/lasses. Sam Alvey is the only real reason we're watching. One of my favourite fighters in the UFC right now even if his post-fight interviews are pure shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Maia was talking about the special relationship between fire and humans on one of the pre fight shows. I think he will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

That_Guy wrote: »
    A nice enough start time for us too. Thank fúck for that.

Really like the look of that main card. Paige VanZant has a huge following thanks to her appearance on that 'Dancing with the Stars' thing. Coupled with the fact that it's free on FOX means there'll be a fairly big audience for this I'd say.

Maia/Condit is a really exciting fight on paper. I'm excited to see Condit in action again but I can't see it being the back and forth slug fest he had with Lawler at the start of the year.

Maia will surely have one thing on his mind and that's get him to the ground and work in a SUB.

Fun fight.

BUT

Let's be honest lads/lasses. Sam Alvey is the only real reason we're watching. One of my favourite fighters in the UFC right now even if his post-fight interviews are pure shíte.

Despise Casey hopefully Sam smashes him into next week, he's a funny funny guy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Maia via Decision
    ASOT wrote: »
    Despise Casey hopefully Sam smashes him into next week, he's a funny funny guy!

I think Alvey is a creepy weirdo :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Condit via Submission
    Can't wait for this card. I love Carlos Condit, he's my fav fighter and I hope he takes it even though it is indeed a very difficult matchup to call. Just so grateful he didn't retire after the Lawlor fight. We have been spoiled with great cards this year so far, thank you UFC :)

Interesting statistic:

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/8/26/12648114/ufc-on-fox-21-predictions-preview-analysis-maia-condit-vancouver-mma
    Condit was taken down 19 times in 23 attempts against Johny Hendricks and Georges St-Pierre, while Jake Ellenberger got it south in three out of four times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Maia via Decision
    This post has been deleted.

Condit via Submission
    darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I actually didn't know that :o
    My nerves were already in motion just due to Maia's presence but now have amped a bit more. Still, I have faith in the Natural Born Killer's will to win, so am countin the minutes til this is ON.

Condit via Submission
    Anthony Pettis looks freaky after cutting weight for 145:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Pettis looks awful, almost as bad as Conor.

Condit's a bad wrestler but he has very good BJJ, if he can survive the early rounds he can finish Maia late. In a 3 round fight I'd favour a Maia decision but 5 rounds favours Condit. I think Maia probably has to sub him because he hasn't shown the cardio for high intensity 5 rounds at WW, we know Condit can.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,727 ✭✭✭lertsnim

A repeat of the last time Lauzon and Miller fought would be great. That was some scrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Always get pumped for a Condit fight. One of my favourite fighters.

But I think Maia has this one. Maia decision.

Pettis to win handy. PVZ to win decision and Lauzon to take the decision.

Not much else stands out. I like Alvey so hope he does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Maia via Decision
    I don't think Pettis looks anywhere near as bad as McGregor did for 194. Not as sunken around the eyes, a bit more meat around the jaw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

How come this is on so early? Isn't Vancouver 8 hours behind?

Condit via Submission
    How come this is on so early? Isn't Vancouver 8 hours behind?

Dunno, but I am delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Let's go maia

Condit via Submission
    Enjoying this, Kennedy isn't wearing out yet!

Condit via Submission
    Think Kennedy won that pretty easily, seems the age difference was a big factor in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Condit via KO/TKO
    Amazingfun wrote: »
    Enjoying this, Kennedy isn't wearing out yet!

Not exactly an exciting style but I like him.

Condit via Submission
    John_D80 wrote: »
    Not exactly an exciting style but I like him.

Exact same for me, I felt he was kind of boring and yet I was glued to the screen :P

Laprisse missed weight by 4 pounds, jaysus

Condit via Submission
    Damn, those 4 pounds mattered I guess, TKO!

• Advertisement

I HATE fighters that miss weight winning their fight. Really pisses me off.

Advertisement