Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Playstation Now" streaming service coming to PC

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is this available in ireland yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Glebee

Interesting concept allowing you to play Playstation titles on PC. Something similar to onlive i suppose but with a good enough internet connection might be alright..
    http://www.pcgamer.com/playstation-now-on-pc-isnt-quite-netflix-for-games-but-it-comes-close/

Anybody give it a go yet? I see its region locked though I guess there are ways around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Glebee wrote: »
    Interesting concept allowing you to play Playstation titles on PC. Something similar to onlive i suppose but with a good enough internet connection might be alright..
    http://www.pcgamer.com/playstation-now-on-pc-isnt-quite-netflix-for-games-but-it-comes-close/

Anybody give it a go yet? I see its region locked though I guess there are ways around that.

Its live for some countries, Ireland is one of them.

Another thread about it down below somewhere.

havent tried it yet but will do for Ico and SOTC..

Sorry Mods, did not see thread below. Please delete this.

is this available in ireland yet?

Just tried to sign up there now, says it not supported in your region.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its live for some countries, Ireland is one of them.

Another thread about it down below somewhere.

havent tried it yet but will do for Ico and SOTC..

cant seem to get the app, where do you download it?

getting the ps now isnt available in your region

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It's not in Ireland, not likely anytime soon either.

Not on consoles either for Ireland.

cant seem to get the app, where do you download it?

getting the ps now isnt available in your region

I havent Cherryghost said it worked for him, I assumed he was in Ireland :o

tried using hola vpn to trick the site as well but no joy, why does ireland always get the short end of the stick with this stuff

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Cause we're small and not worth the initial infrastructure investment when the service is still having it's kinks and issues ironed out.

Wasn't Hola selling people's details to others? I wouldn't be too inclined to stick with it... Confirmed: https://torrentfreak.com/hola-vpn-sells-users-bandwidth-150528/

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    Cause we're small and not worth the initial infrastructure investment when the service is still having it's kinks and issues ironed out.

Wasn't Hola selling people's details to others? I wouldn't be too inclined to stick with it... Confirmed: https://torrentfreak.com/hola-vpn-sells-users-bandwidth-150528/

thanks, removed it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No discussion on bypassing regional restrictions folks. It's against the charter.

PS4 games coming.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/ps4-games-on-pc
    There are already 483 games on PS Now, but they’re all from the PS3. Still, that gives you access to games we can’t play on PC without the streaming service, such as Red Dead Redemption and The Last of Us.

With the announcement that PS4 games are coming to the service, we could end up being able to play things like The Last of Us: Part Two, Persona 5, Nioh, The Last Guardian, and a bunch of other exciting PlayStation exclusives, all without the need to own a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,969 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I see Playstation 4 games will be available at the end of the year

Is it still the case it's not available in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can't see it being cheap to rent anything new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Are Sony not essentially killing off potential console sales by making exclusives available on PC?

I think their kind of preempting the fact that in another generation or two they will all just be subscription services available on multiple devices. At least in IMO that's how I see it going

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think their kind of preempting the fact that in another generation or two they will all just be subscription services available on multiple devices. At least in IMO that's how I see it going

MS in particular seem to be actively moving in that direction with things like "Play Anywhere" titles and the xbox game pass that's coming soon.

makes sense really when you think about it, how many people own one console that plays all the 3rd party games and dont/wont want to buy another console to just play a few exclusives. Whereas if its all subscription like Netflix everyone can play everything on anything, more people playing and paying for the same game that only 1/10 could play before. Its going the phone/netflix route which is great :)

Advertisement