Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf I - The Beginning | Completed - Villagers Win

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I don't think we can rule out those who haven't posted, they could be silent but deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Interesting approach, but doesnt the mobile not keep you logged in?

Suspicious eyes, looks around. Someone could be eyeing me up for dinner!!

Not counting logged in users for that reason, just people who posted on this specific thread. I think wolves would be a bit cocky and be here a lot, just to stir the pot and see if we are getting suspicious!!

Can I not multi quote on a phone on the touch site? :/

Hmm I don't know anything bout werewolves and Germany, I'd have to check in Ye Olde Library. It's a bit racist to single out the foreigner immediately though, but I suppose I should expect that from After Hours.

Out of interest, am I one of the only women in the village or are there a few more??

Hmm Poochie, we did show up at the same time, maybe you're the yin to my yang?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I don't think we can rule out those who haven't posted, they could be silent but deadly!
    Deflecting attention from yourself. Interesting.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    Deflecting attention from yourself. Interesting.
    Interesting, Andy125 was my prime suspect but maybe I'll have to put in Poochie instead!!!! o.O

I'm a little confused about the voting mechanic, I know that I need to vote on who to lynch, but I presume werewolves can't vote on the lynching? That would mean that there should be 16 votes (20 people remaining minus 4 wolves). So will we get the breakdown on the vote, but we won't actually know who voted for who right? Or do I have this all ar$eways?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

Not counting logged in users for that reason, just people who posted on this specific thread. I think wolves would be a bit cocky and be here a lot, just to stir the pot and see if we are getting suspicious!!

Can I not multi quote on a phone on the touch site? :/

Hmm I don't know anything bout werewolves and Germany, I'd have to check in Ye Olde Library. It's a bit racist to single out the foreigner immediately though, but I suppose I should expect that from After Hours.

Out of interest, am I one of the only women in the village or are there a few more??

Hmm Poochie, we did show up at the same time, maybe you're the yin to my yang?

Hmm, interesting, strangers arriving at the same time with a pooch.......

Maybe its some sort of scoobie doo thing and everythings going to be ok......

Or we might all be torn apart by wolves!

• Advertisement

Interesting, Andy125 was my prime suspect but maybe I'll have to put in Poochie instead!!!! o.O

I'm a little confused about the voting mechanic, I know that I need to vote on who to lynch, but I presume werewolves can't vote on the lynching? That would mean that there should be 16 votes (20 people remaining minus 4 wolves). So will we get the breakdown on the vote, but we won't actually know who voted for who right? Or do I have this all ar$eways?

I think everyone votes, which means the wolves will try to point the finger at others, plus they have a built in +4 buffer on any vote. Based on that i guess as someone else pointed out uriel and andy look the most suspicious at this stage though its early days yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

tritium wrote: »
    I think everyone votes, which means the wolves will try to point the finger at others, plus they have a built in +4 buffer on any vote. Based on that i guess as someone else pointed out uriel and andy look the most suspicious at this stage though its early days yet.

In that case votes must remain private as if the wolves are voting en masse, we'll quickly figure out who is who.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I'm allergic to fur so take your baseless accusations elsewhere :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Ok, so here's my scientific approach.
    KERSPLAT went kersplat so that must mean the wolves (at least some of em) were active last night. 4 people haven't posted yet so I'm ruling them out as suspects for now- Kylo Ren, suffering golfer, dobman88 and Persepoly.

The highest by post count are Andy125 (21 posts), Uriel. (14 posts), Poochie05 (9 posts) and ShatterProof (9 posts). I bet at least one of them is a wolf. I'm most suspicious of Andy125, he's very anxious to lead the wolf lynch!!!! Poochie05 also happens to have a very suspicious username!!!!!

I don't know how "scientific" that is...
    I certainly wouldn't rule out those who haven't posted so far.

Though I would agree that finger-pointers seem the most suspect.

In that case votes must remain private as if the wolves are voting en masse, we'll quickly figure out who is who.

Hmmm I thought it was a public vote? Perhaps not...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hi folks. I was out last night and busy this morning so apologies for not posting yet. Anyway, I've just read through the thread and shatterproof looks pretty wolfy to me. MicksJaguar also looked quite wolfy but he's gone quiet now.

I would be surprised if shatterproof isn't a wolf or at the very least has a role of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

Ok, so here's my scientific approach.
    KERSPLAT went kersplat so that must mean the wolves (at least some of em) were active last night. 4 people haven't posted yet so I'm ruling them out as suspects for now- Kylo Ren, suffering golfer, dobman88 and Persepoly.

The highest by post count are Andy125 (21 posts), Uriel. (14 posts), Poochie05 (9 posts) and ShatterProof (9 posts). I bet at least one of them is a wolf. I'm most suspicious of Andy125, he's very anxious to lead the wolf lynch!!!! Poochie05 also happens to have a very suspicious username!!!!!

And we have the first serious accusation, which would be a good move for the wolves to take control of the game, remember these Wolfie's are talking behind are back and have a strategy in place unlike us villagers, If mahamageehad is a wolf then he might have just named some other of his wolfs brothers as seen here...
    4 people haven't posted yet so I'm ruling them out as suspects for now- Kylo Ren, suffering golfer, dobman88 and Persepoly

I thought that was part of the challenge they have. Given theyre going to slaughter one of the rest of us every night they always have other options ro remove 'problems'

dobman88 wrote: »
    Hi folks. I was out last night and busy this morning so apologies for not posting yet. Anyway, I've just read through the thread and shatterproof looks pretty wolfy to me. MicksJaguar also looked quite wolfy but he's gone quiet now.

I would be surprised if shatterproof isn't a wolf or at the very least has a role of some sort.

Out prowling where you.?

dobman88 wrote: »

Out last night,? so you have an alibi for your movements around the village between 10pm and 10am?

So we don't know who votes for whom, and we don't find out whether the dead "person" is a wolf or a villager.. This seems stacked in the wolves' favour. Without any new info each time, it's just a villager dying every night, and then randomly selecting another person to die in the evening - and it isn't even random because the wolves block-voting would mean that they are even less likely to be picked. I'm not holding out much hope.

I thought that was part of the challenge they have. Given theyre going to slaughter one of the rest of us every night they always have other options ro remove 'problems'

Yeah but I assume the wolves aren't overly interested in who gets lynched, so long as it's not one of them, so more importantly they'll just disperse their votes across villagers perhaps...

The Village loses 2 people a day, so there's not a huge amount of time to identify voting patterns, as even if the 4 wolves are correctly identified it would take 4 days to get rid, and that leaves 4 villagers dead...

Ficheall wrote: »
    So we don't know who votes for whom, and we don't find out whether the dead "person" is a wolf or a villager.. This seems stacked in the wolves' favour. Without any new info each time, it's just a villager dying every night, and then randomly selecting another person to die in the evening - and it isn't even random because the wolves block-voting would mean that they are even less likely to be picked. I'm not holding out much hope.

There are special roles though, they must exist to provide an approach... It's how best to use them is the thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

CLARIFICATION. THE VOTE RESULTS WILL INCLUDE A LIST OF WHO VOTED FOR WHO IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER. I SHOULD HAVE MADE THAT CLEAR IN THE OP.

The voting system is always seen in this game and is one of the main if not only tool to find out who is a wolf and who is not for the villagers

• Advertisement

I don't know how "scientific" that is...
    I certainly wouldn't rule out those who haven't posted so far.

Though I would agree that finger-pointers seem the most suspect.

More scientific than just guessing I mean!!! :/ I'm not ruling them out, but when I cast my vote tonight, I'll be picking one of the top posters. One of the non-posters may well be a wolf, as there's a 1/5 chance of any poster being a wolf. In a few days when the roles come into play we'll have a bit more to work with but for now it's the most logical way for me!! It does assume that werewolves are cocky, but I think that's a fair assumption!

Thanks for clarifying the rules re voting!

Uriel. wrote: »
    Yeah but I assume the wolves aren't overly interested in who gets lynched, so long as it's not one of them, so more importantly they'll just disperse their votes across villagers perhaps...

The Village loses 2 people a day, so there's not a huge amount of time to identify voting patterns, as even if the 4 wolves are correctly identified it would take 4 days to get rid, and that leaves 4 villagers dead...

The wolves will be very interested in who gets lynched, they will push for people they see a threat to them and they will be actively looking for the important seer and priest

andy125 wrote: »
    The voting system is always seen in this game and is one of the main if not only tool to find out who is a wolf and who is not for the villagers

Interesting, you speak as someone well versed on this game. If you're a wolf that makes you very dangerous, if you're one of us that makes you very useful.

Im just praying to god you're on our side.....

It does assume that werewolves are cocky, but I think that's a fair assumption!
    Really? Do go on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

andy125 wrote: »
    The wolves will be very interested in who gets lynched, they will push for people they see a threat to them and they will be actively looking for the important seer and priest

well holy god , i saw nothing !!!!!

Really? Do go on...

I'm going to go sit in my hut and be quiet for now. I'll wait to see what happens tonight! I know I'm not a wolf, but I'm posting too much that I might end up on my own top posters chart!!! :O

Doesn't the priest know the identity of the dead person, villager, wolf etc?

I'm going to go sit in my hut and be quiet for now. I'll wait to see what happens tonight! I know I'm not a wolf, but I'm posting too much that I might end up on my own top posters chart!!! :O
    It might look worse if you start making "reasoned" assumptions which point the finger at others, and you then chicken out when asked to back up your reasons.

Yes, and the seer will also know if a person is a wolf or villager after every question to the mod (1 per day).
    It's how these roles are used in the discussion thats important... Presumably need to influence people towards voting for a wolf to be lynched while not doing so overtly so that the wolves discover their identity...

Priest can train someone else too... Though I'm not sure how that happens. Presumably they pick someone and PM the Mod?

• Advertisement

Yep, but we don't know who the priest is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement