Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Date For Mad Mary.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

goose2005 wrote: »
    yes. Also made Love is the Drug

The RTE drama from years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Just saw this. Excellent film. The female lead is outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Saipanne wrote: »
    Just saw this. Excellent film. The female lead is outstanding.

If one great thing comes from this wonderful film is that Seana Kerslake gets more film work. I wonder if this film is getting a wider release outside Ireland cause it deserves it as it's a cracking little film.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

I actually didn't think it was going to be as good as all the reviews here but it well exceeded my expectations! I really loved this film! It was very funny and well worth seeing :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭Kadser

She was back working in my local library last week.

• Advertisement

Kadser wrote: »
    She was back working in my local library last week.

Amazing isn't it, she said in a interview she works part time at a library, although she's recently done a RTE show and does plenty of theatre but I doubt she makes enough to quit the part time work. If this was a American indie film or even a British one (have no doubt this would get acclaim no matter where it's released), she probably be at least getting small roles in bigger films and main ones in indie films or plenty of TV work. Certainly it must make you humble though, from a massively acclaimed film where many say you should be a big star in the future then back to the part time job a few weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Really enjoyed this movie, excellent. And as 'social commentaries' go.....its not a bad effort (in other words, better than most).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I was part of the shooting crew so it's great to hear so many positive opinions on the film!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Does anyone know anything about this film now its out of the cinema? Can't find any infomation about a DVD release, streaming, they don't even have a facebook page for it?

Does anyone know anything about this film now its out of the cinema? Can't find any infomation about a DVD release, streaming, they don't even have a facebook page for it?

Well I checked up on Amazon and it's getting it's release on February 6th.

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »
    Well I checked up on Amazon and it's getting it's release on February 6th.

Link? I did search for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Got the DVD today, great film is still great.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Robarley

Anyone selling this second hand?

Robarley wrote: »

Sure it's not an expensive DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Robarley wrote: »

4 euro to watch it via volta.ie (which is an irish version of netflix kind of....)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Robarley

4 euro to watch it via volta.ie (which is an irish version of netflix kind of....)

Wonder could ya rip it from that site :D

Got it for around 14 euro from Tower Records, was cheaper then on amazon. One of those films you get on DVD before it becomes a rare find after a year or so.

Still holds up brilliantly and Seana Kerslake is still a talent to watch although wasn't a big fan of her RTE show Can't Cope Won't Cope although she was good in it. Rewatching the Trailer for the film the other day and it totally sells you a different kind of film then it really is. Still think it's one of the better Irish films of recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Excellent film..the grandmother should have had more dialogue !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Paddy2012

I've just watched this and its easily one of the best films I've seen this year. Living in the UK I'm really surprised it didn't get even a small release here (I'd only heard of it due to it winning at the IFTAs), hopefully it'll pick up more of an audience through streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Paddy2012

Sorry double post

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is on be3 - Virgin Media Three this Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Seen this last night I thought it was great ,
    One thing that was a bit off putting was Seana over acted in parts, and it would happen out of no where ,

Advertisement