Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No current affairs show on RTE TV all august

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Perhaps we should call it a day.

Let's agree to disagree.

If you can show me how they save money and in particular how the provide news and current affairs on RTE2, I will happily disagree. People on here know I will defend public service broadcasting but sometimes RTE don't get it right even for such a wee country as ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭political analyst

Elmo wrote: »
    If you can show me how they save money and in particular how the provide news and current affairs on RTE2, I will happily disagree. People on here know I will defend public service broadcasting but sometimes RTE don't get it right even for such a wee country as ours.
    Well, I guess that Carla O'Brien, the Newsfeed presenter, being on holidays or not working as late as 8 o'clock during the summer is saving money.

RTÉ probably assumes that most of the people in the age group that Newsfeed is aimed at are probably on holidays or are outside enjoying the sunny weather after a day's work (I'm not being facetious).

On Saturday 14 November 2015, there was a Prime Time special presented by Miriam in Paris in the aftermath of the terror attacks. I assume that there is a similar arrangement for such a scenario taking place in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Well, I guess that Carla O'Brien, the Newsfeed presenter, being on holidays or not working as late as 8 o'clock during the summer is saving money.

RTÉ probably assumes that most of the people in the age group that Newsfeed is aimed at are probably on holidays or are outside enjoying the sunny weather after a day's work (I'm not being facetious).

On Saturday 14 November 2015, there was a Prime Time special presented by Miriam in Paris in the aftermath of the terror attacks. I assume that there is a similar arrangement for such a scenario taking place in August.

Carla might possibly be a contractor and yes RTE might save money there, however the vast majority of RTE journalist are permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

Elmo wrote: »
    Carla might possibly be a contractor and yes RTE might save money there, however the vast majority of RTE journalist are permanent.

She is on maternity leave

Advertisement