Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weetabix Crunchy Bran

Options
  • 18-08-2016 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭

Anybody know who stocks this because my local Supermarket has not had it for months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 karen29070

Check 2euro shops my local has it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Delta2113

karen29070 wrote: »
    Check 2euro shops my local has it

- Dublin - what area please?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 karen29070

Sorry i seen it in Ballina, Mayo but check any 2euro shop around you

Still can't find this product in Dublin. Anyone seen it recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,336 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Rather high in sugar, not that I mind you asking, but maybe it's not an appropriate question to ask in a health forum.

http://www.weetabix.com/brands/weetabix/crunchybran

• Advertisement

It's the best cereal for fibre but you just can't find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Delta2113 wrote: »
    It's the best cereal for fibre but you just can't find it anywhere.

All bran has the same fibre content (22%) if not a little higher iirc - also Tesco to a high fibre bran cereal (i.e. an all bran copy) which is 70% wheat bran and has approx 20% fibre too I think - its €1.60 for a box also and I find it a lot less sweet than all bran. I find all bran too sweet, but if I am just adding 5-10g on the top of porridge it's just about ok!

Also you can by big bags of wheat bran from odlums - approx 40% fibre I think - stir a couple of heaped tablespoons in your porridge to ramp up the fibre (and then maybe a dusting of something like all bran on top)

Advertisement