Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Who would fall for this.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

Ad has been taken down, what was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Dubwat

"1967 Jaguar E Type Series 1 2+2"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

Patww79 wrote: »

hahahaha true

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭irshmerc

Maybe the pics are from before the fire !!!! And it's back up on DD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Too late guys! :P I've transferred him the money, just as well because when I checked my email this morn I had a mail from the B@nk 0f Ireland to say my account had been inactive and all I needed to do was enter my details to reactivate it! Couldnt have worked out better.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

That ad was the third in a row from the same chap, each ad was clearly a scam.

I don't know what measures DD take to stop scammers, but this would have been very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

That ad was the third in a row from the same chap, each ad was clearly a scam.

I don't know what measures DD take to stop scammers, but this would have been very easy.
    It's up again. Persistent little bugger

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭irshmerc

Seems every Nigerian Prince has a spare red E-type laying around, i best buy this one before CroppyBoy get them all !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

That's the most blatant thing I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

It was up again this morning , gone now, that's Cork, Derry,Dublin...coming to your county soon....29 to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Fúck. Only seeing this now. Hate missing out on a good bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Agricola wrote: »
    Fúck. Only seeing this now. Hate missing out on a good bargain!

It's your lucky day. I also just happen to have a very nice E-Type in the shed, perfect condition and yours for only €3000. Just whack the money into the offshore account and then you can pick it up at your leisure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Sorry, pulled the trigger on a mint 1978 911 for €5000. Could'nt let it go! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Silvera

It keeps getting re-posted up on DD again and again.

Does DD have any internal 'fraud alert' for ads that have been repeatedly reported to them??!

They probally have, but are maybe getting paid for the ad each time...would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 benmad

anyone know of an 84 Bentley Mulsanne that needs to be relieved of its rear lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

So I got back a response...

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my 1967 Jaguar E type 2 Plus 2 Auto and to apologize for my delay because I saw your email just a while back as it had slipped into my junk folder.. The car has UK registration, MOT Expiry September 2016, no finance, 112.000  miles with full service history, excellent condition, looks and drives great restored gradually over the years including engine rebuild by previous owner with 12000 miles recorded since and new paintwork (see pics) 

I am from Malmö, Sweden and had a 8 year contract as an Infrastructure Engineer for Irish Ferries in Ireland and UK. I finished my contract 2 months ago and I moved back to Sweden. I was planning to keep the car because I love it, but I realized that is very difficult to drive an UK car on this roads, because it's right hand drive(not safe plus insurance cost very high). At this point I decided to sell it back in Ireland or UK, as I have no interest in the car on local market. The total price would be 6800 EUR price includes shipping and all transaction related fees. I dropped the price for a quick sale in order to buy a left hand drive. If you are interested in buying my car, I can ship the car to Ireland or UK in 3-5 days and you have 10 days inspection period .
      Please get back to me if you like to buy it and I will explain you more about how this deal works.

Regards,

Jessica

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

So I response 'Yes so excited etc...' and got this...

If  you wish to buy my car, we will be using Everson Trading Corporation to handle the transaction. Due to the distance between us they will be taking care of the payment and shipping. Here is how it works step by step:The first thing is to register as a buyer on the website evrsn.etcvehicles .com .As  soon as you've filled the registration form, I will also register the details with Everson Trading Corporation  and sign the shipping documents. The car is already at Everson Trading Corporation warehouse.Once the car is delivered, you will have 10 day inspection period and you can test drive and inspect it at a mechanic. If you find anything wrong with the car, Everson Trading Corporation will send you full refund and they will take the car back. I am sure this won't be the case, because the car is in excellent condition.Let me know  if u have any questions  as i have few other enquirers .

Regards,

Jessica

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Advertisement

Keep it going ....

I will ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

80sDiesel wrote: »
    I will ;)

Any chance of a spin in it when it arrives? :D

Tell him you have no problem going to Sweden to test drive the car and pay in cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

the car is in Ireland....even easier.

[font=arial, sans-serif]Congratulations on buying this vehicle through Everson Trading Corporation! Both parties, buyer and seller agree to terms, which includes a description of the vehicle, sale price and shipping information.
    [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Seller:[/font] [font=arial, sans-serif]Jessica Gervais[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Vehicle :[/font] [font=arial, sans-serif]1967 Jaguar E type[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Sale Price:[/font] [font=arial, sans-serif] 7,000.00[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Sale Date:[/font] [font=arial, sans-serif]Wednesday, August 24, 2016[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Shipping:[/font] [font=arial, sans-serif]Included[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Shipping Insurance:[/font] [font=arial, sans-serif]Included[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
    NOTE: Dear (me), Everson Trading Corporation require a payment of 7,000.00 for the 1967 Jaguar E type. After the payment is made we will initiate the shipping process in 24 hours.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]k3hKCDYr9qPJS6Cbc4CzgxXRU5AiwitokKvplK3x8A=w55-h60-no[/font] [font=arial, sans-serif]Why Everson Trading Corporation is safe ?
    Everson Trading Corporation is a five-step process. It protects the Seller by verifying funds, and protects the Buyer by allowing inspection of the vehicle before payment.

Attention: The payment will not be released to the seller until Everson Trading Corporation will be notified by the buyer that he received and accepted the vehicle.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]

Please Click here to open your invoice and read carefully the transaction details.

You can track your transaction status with the Transaction ID # 7483119402 on our website.

This information should only be used for resolving matters related to Everson Trading Corporation. Any other use is strictly prohibited.
    [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Everson Trading Corporation will periodically send you required emails about the site and your transactions.
    Copyright 2016 Everson Trading Corporation, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Everson Trading Corporation and the Everson Trading Corporation logo are trademarks of Everson Trading Corporation Inc.
    [/font]

Told them I paid but bank tells me it will take a few days. And of course 'so excited'. Here is their very quick response...

"That's perfect. I have received notification from Everson Trading Corporation that you registered as a buyer. I have also registered the transaction with Everson Trading Corporation and this morning i ve  signed the shipping documents with them. Once the transaction details have been processed, they will send you the purchase invoice. I will keep you updated as soon as I have finalized everything at my end.

.Regards,

Jessica"

My name is Robert Klassen and I will be managing your transaction. In order to initiate the shipping process today we will require a copy of the payment receipt. If you can email us the payment receipt today we will initiate the shipping process later and the estimated time delivery is four days.

Thank you for using our services

Robert Klassen

4 days! Wow they work fast, and cheap too.

• Advertisement

Sent this this 'Receipt'

attachment.php?attachmentid=395196

Advertisement