Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to watch the conor mcgregor v nate diaz fight

Options
  • 12-08-2016 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi all,

ive been hearing loads of this ufc fanzone, its a big outdoor event in fairyhouse for the conor mcgregor v nate diaz fight, its after a music festival, rockathon i think its called. appreantly the fest is €35 and to stay camping and watch the fight only €10 and its BYOB.
    anybody know anything about it? sounds to good to be true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,664 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Sounds like a knack fest.

Showing it in Sin.

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/ufc-202-mcgregor-vs-diaz-saturday-20th-august-live-viewing-tickets-24346612373

Very late to stay up to see him lose again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Automan123 wrote: »
    hi all,

ive been hearing loads of this ufc fanzone, its a big outdoor event in fairyhouse for the conor mcgregor v nate diaz fight, its after a music festival, rockathon i think its called. appreantly the fest is €35 and to stay camping and watch the fight only €10 and its BYOB.
    anybody know anything about it? sounds to good to be true.

Sounds too good to be true? Which bit?

Seems like a phenomenally expensive and hassle-laden way to watch a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Automan123

seems to be one of the cheapest and best options from what i can see, camping and bring your own booze seems good to me. apparently they'll be showing the football and the Olympics over the weekend as well so doesnt sound too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Doesn't sound too bad? That sounds like a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Automan123

each to there own i suppose, just seeing if anyone had more info on it as i though it looked decent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭flasher0030

It does sound great in principle. Bit of booze during the day, watchin the gig, then couple of cans, watchin the fight. Nice summers night. And into tents nicely tanked at bout 6.30 in the morning.

The reality is that it will not be properly patrolled. Several people will be extremely tanked up by 5 bells (am). And there will be many fisticuffs - due to the occasion that's in it i.e. adrenaline fuelled teens/20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

We were at Rockathon last year. You'd struggle to find many under the age of 30!. An older crowd for sure. We also camped, the tamest campsite ive ever seen. We were conked by midnight! Now, there was no Fanzone there that night, that will change the dynamic hugely this year but overall, a very respectable crowd.

They closed the bar at 10.20pm last year, that could have been the reason we were all asleep so early!

Can also confirm - very few "knacks" if any!. We went for the craic, a funny old day to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Automan123 wrote: »
    each to there own i suppose, just seeing if anyone had more info on it as i though it looked decent

If you're going to Rockathon anyway, then it could be good craic.

If you were going just for the fight, that would be a bit mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

How are people watching this one at home?
    BT Sport is part of the Eir Sport package.
    Virgin media doesn't have access to the fight on tv now.
    Can't seem to get it on ufc.com - saying it's blacked out in your region.
    How can I see the fight folks? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,664 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Get Sky! Never ever ever Virgin/UPC.

Either find a stream for it (e.g. Firstrow Sports) or if you have an android phone/tablet download Mobdro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057631799

Best bet is to look through there. There's a few different options but fans have definitely been screwed over by Virgin Media and by the new TV deal between the UFC and BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 aidan7990

Hey.

No it's how it sounds brilliant gig and ufc fanzone going to great addition.

Would recommend going

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭s8n

Anyone know what time the main fight is at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

after 5am.

Advertisement