Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 202 main event viewing options

Options
  • 07-08-2016 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Will any venue's in Dublin be showing the Diaz v McGregor fight live at 5am?? Or will it be available to view in full on Youtube by the time i wake up at say 8 or 9am on the sunday?? Unfortunately i am a VM customer so have lost the BT channels.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Will any venue's in Dublin be showing the Diaz v McGregor fight live at 5am?? Or will it be available to view in full on Youtube by the time i wake up at say 8 or 9am on the sunday?? Unfortunately i am a VM customer so have lost the BT channels.

McGowans/Harry's on the Green/Murray's have all shown McGregor's fights in the past and I'm sure they're likely to do so again.

As per on demand viewings, Fight Pass will have it 48 hours after the event but good luck trying to avoid spoilers.

I am probably asking a stuipd question here but why is Bt available on SKy but not Virgin?

Have to say I'll be cancelling fightpass now and just illegally streaming if I can't pay for it legally :( I thought UFC was ahead of the times letting fans buy their ppvs from their site, no commitments, no monthly crap just pay for the PPVs that you want and the value for 8 euro a month from fightpass was brilliant with all the fight nights. Anyway I hope Eir goes bankrupt :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I am probably asking a stuipd question here but why is Bt available on SKy but not Virgin?

Have to say I'll be cancelling fightpass now and just illegally streaming if I can't pay for it legally :( I thought UFC was ahead of the times letting fans buy their ppvs from their site, no commitments, no monthly crap just pay for the PPVs that you want and the value for 8 euro a month from fightpass was brilliant with all the fight nights. Anyway I hope Eir goes bankrupt :P

It's a real dickish move on Eir/UFC's part to not even have the option to purchase from Fight Pass. Something tells me this will be the norm for McGregor's fights going forward.

I don't have the problem of missing the fight but I can certainly sympathise with those who have no real alternative.

https://www.setantago.com/ is something I think people have been posting. Still a legal means of watching the fight.

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's a real dickish move on Eir/UFC's part to not even have the option to purchase from Fight Pass. Something tells me this will be the norm for McGregor's fights going forward.

I don't have the problem of missing the fight but I can certainly sympathise with those who have no real alternative.

https://www.setantago.com/ is something I think people have been posting. Still a legal means of watching the fight.

You still have to be a sky customer even for sky go i thought? I was trying to sign up before the Manchester United game and only option to sign up is "for new sky customers" or existing Eir customers. I just went and got a 1080p ace stream instead and now watching game in 1080p :D I mean getting 1080p streams isn't hard and if they are making it this hard to obtain a legal stream then they are basically pushing me towards pirating

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Its disgraceful. Been a fp subscriber since the start. I watch all fightnight events live no matter what time they are on, the entire cards.
    Now for the same price for your hard earned cash they are removing all main events from fp, for 48 hours, who gives a toss about watching after the fact. When you inevitably see your facebook feed littered with event articles and will be spoiled in the intereim. I recently cut the cord, went fta. I invested alot of money in a top of the line humax freesat box and nvidia shield tv box, and Im a yearly fp subscriber so Im stung till next July.

I paid 100 a month for sky for years, my kids have too much choice causing fights, so cutting the chord in my house is a good idea.

I am happy to pay for ufc events live, but now UFC have taken that option away for me, I will be forced to pirate their events via some addon on kodi on the nvidia

Disgraceful and counter intuitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

That_Guy wrote: »
    As per on demand viewings, Fight Pass will have it 48 hours after the event but good luck trying to avoid spoilers.

head_in_the_sand-461x307.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

Just read the mail from UFC. Absolutely disgraceful from them. I will be cancelling fight pass also. I refuse to subscribe to a channel on Sky that I would only watch for the UFC events. I was happy to pay for the PPV's I wanted to pay fo on an ad-hoc basis.

I hope they lose a fortune for such a bully tactic move. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come from the new owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

I really liked the idea of the UFC fight pass you pay for what you want rather then paying a yearly sub or if you wanted a sub.

But this move from eir has me seriously pissed off.
    Well BT and eir.
    I can't get eir so I can't get bt so I won't be watching it legally now anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

So i cant purchase it from UFCs youtube channel anymore ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Same boat as others here. Used to like being able to pay for the ppv's without having the pay a sub to tv channels that I would only watch UFC on. If I am reading this correctly( https://www.setantago.com/about ) Is there an option to just purchase setanta go for €16.99 for one month non-recurring? If so, that's not too bad if it gives you access to the BT sport channels. If not then I will have to find other less legal means of watching it

• Advertisement

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Same boat as others here. Used to like being able to pay for the ppv's without having the pay a sub to tv channels that I would only watch UFC on. If I am reading this correctly( https://www.setantago.com/about ) Is there an option to just purchase setanta go for €16.99 for one month non-recurring? If so, that's not too bad if it gives you access to the BT sport channels. If not then I will have to find other less legal means of watching it

I think you have to be a Sky or Eir customer to get Setanta go, hopefully I'm wrong cause id happily sign up for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I think you have to be a Sky or Eir customer to get Setanta go, hopefully I'm wrong cause id happily sign up for it.

It looks like you do have to be yeah. I have sky so I will hopefully be ok. Will wait and see what other options pop up before getting this though

ktulu123 wrote: »
    It looks like you do have to be yeah. I have sky so I will hopefully be ok. Will wait and see what other options pop up before getting this though

I got sorted anyway, I found an online sub 20 euro for 3 months and that is all channels so ill be sorted for football and UFC for 3 months all for the price i would have paid for on UFC PPV happy days :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Folks there is no talk of illegal streaming, vpns etc allowed. Any talk of it will result in a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I presume the YouTube option is gone now too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

What a mess this is. Cant get Sky as its not in my apartment, now cant get BT Sports as VM have dropped it and done even give the customer the option of paying whatever it would cost. I remember branson came on the tv in ireland, think it was the late late show, bragging like a chesire cat about how great it was all gonna be. I wish the UFC was part of Sky, i would happily pay the 25euro PPV whenever i wanted to watch the event live, or wait for the next day or so if not. Aug 20th is an absolute massive night and i still have no idea how to watch it live. Guess the only option is get a tkt for 1 of those cafe/bars that will be opening in city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I got sorted anyway, I found an online sub 20 euro for 3 months and that is all channels so ill be sorted for football and UFC for 3 months all for the price i would have paid for on UFC PPV happy days :)

That sound good.What sub did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DancingDuck

Anybody have an idea on youtube PPV or the ps4 Live Event Viewer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Can you PM the details. I'm sorted myself but ive a mate stuck with virgin who needs a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

dashoonage wrote: »
    Can you PM the details. I'm sorted myself but ive a mate stuck with virgin who needs a solution.

Im looking for somewhere i can watch events the next morning.

I have virgin and access to my bro sky go but if he gets bt i can only watch live. No recotd playback option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I signed up to Setanta Go online package only to find that the videos wont play on mobile or tablet devices :rolleyes: Android or iOS :mad:

I also stupidly agreed to spend that weekend camping forgetting that the fight is on :( I can get 4G close to the camp site but I may have to drive to a McDonalds a couple of miles away with a laptop and connect to their WiFi.

Im kind of a little lucky, Im moving county at the weekend, Ive signed up to Eir broadband at new location, which includes free BT Sports stream.

Will have to do :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

So as a Virgin customer myself, and with no intention of switching providers for the fight I have no legal means of watching this fight. Is that correct or am I missing something?

Foxx92 wrote: »
    So as a Virgin customer myself, and with no intention of switching providers for the fight I have no legal means of watching this fight. Is that correct or am I missing something?

Nope same as myself.

Shocking isnt it, its the hardcore fan that is effected. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Glad to see i'm not the only one, been a FP subscriber for years and I buy every PPV from the UFC website, I can now no longer watch any PPV's or fight nights as i'm with UPC. It's truly devastating, I will cancel FP and probably stop watching UFC once again as if i cant watch it live I get frustrated.

I emailed UFC support about this and the response was "thanks, we'll make sure to replay this to the appropriate people" in other words, piss off we don't care.

If anyone has any idea how to watch this legally without being a Sky or Eir customer please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

So i see that today 2 city centre venues have announced they will be showing the fight. Sin and the other place off o'connell st cant remember the name. Does anyone know if they will be open all night and be serving alcohol??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

So i see that today 2 city centre venues have announced they will be showing the fight. Sin and the other place off o'connell st cant remember the name. Does anyone know if they will be open all night and be serving alcohol??

The other place you can't remember definitely serves alcohol all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It really is crap that there's no legitimate way for myself or many other people on Virgin to watch this.

• Advertisement

Saipanne wrote: »
    The other place you can't remember definitely serves alcohol all night.

Murrays

Advertisement