Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW1 Captain

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Aguero by a country mile.

It's worth remembering that Sunderland currently have a worse team than the one that stayed up by the skin of their teeth (again) last season and will either have an out of position player playing at RB or Billy Jones. God knows which is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Paully D wrote: »
    Aguero by a country mile.

It's worth remembering that Sunderland currently have a worse team than the one that stayed up by the skin of their teeth (again) last season and will either have an out of position player playing at RB or Billy Jones. God knows which is worse.

After City would you consider a Sunderland def as part of a rotation? Or would you steer clear till Moyes gets a while to sort it?

FHFC wrote: »
    After City would you consider a Sunderland def as part of a rotation? Or would you steer clear till Moyes gets a while to sort it?

I'd certainly steer clear early on mate but they have one of the strangest fixture lists in the league this season in terms of FPL, IMO. The reason I say that is they never seem to have enough nice fixtures in a row to make investment seem like a good option.

GW's 1-6 should rule them out of consideration entirely for that period anyway, but look at the games from then until January 1st:

GW's 1-6 = mci, MID, sou, EVE, tot
    GW's 6+ = WBA, CPL, sto, whm, ARS, bou, HUL, liv, LEI, swa, CHE. WAT, mnu, bur, LIV

Also, they have a lot of work to do in the transfer market and it remains to be seen how solid Moyes can get them. That said, after GW6 rotation with someone like MID (Karanka is a very defensively minded manager) would get you:

WBA, CPL, WAT, whm/ars, BOU, bou, HUL, liv/lei, HUL, swa, LIV/CHE, SWA/WAT, bur, LEI

It doesn't look bad though I'm sure there's probably better around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Augero

Resisting TC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

I don't get the notion that the Sunderland defence is rubbish and Aguero is going to fill his boots.

Sunderland finished last season with one of the best defences. If Kone stays that remains so (big if) and Moyes instead of Big Sam is not a negative in that respect. He's had a full pre-season.

• Advertisement

GetWithIt wrote: »
    I don't get the notion that the Sunderland defence is rubbish and Aguero is going to fill his boots.

Sunderland finished last season with one of the best defences. If Kone stays that remains so (big if) and Moyes instead of Big Sam is not a negative in that respect. He's had a full pre-season.

It is rubbish and they'll struggle big time again this season the way things are looking. The optimism that encompassed last season's end to the season with Allardyce at the helm has been completely destroyed over the last month.

Kone will probably be gone or almost certainly left out if not. The only senior RB available is Billy Jones and he has a niggle. Kirchhoff is huge in terms of protecting the defense and he hasn't been heard of since he went off injured a few minutes into a pre-season friendly last week. Paddy McNair and Donald Love have signed but that's no help at all. It'll likely be O'Shea and Kaboul at CB and prior to Allarydce coming in and working with Kaboul for a few months was an utter mess while O'Shea's legs are shot.

Moyes has only been there 2 and a half weeks and it'll be just over 3 weeks to the day when the season kicks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Anyone else considering Andre Gray?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Was just about to come in and see if he was on anyone's else's mind.

Also thinking of ditching Kane for Vardy but I want Kane for GW2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Gray VC for me. Sergio has the armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Ah come on now! Next people will be talking about captaining Friend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

jimmii wrote: »
    Ah come on now! Next people will be talking about captaining Friend!

You'd have to be pretty stupid to captain a left back....

......stupid like a fox :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Going for an early differential with Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

F1ngers wrote:
    This is how I line up today - going to bed now and won't be around until after midday.

F1ngers wrote:
    Good luck all.

Gonna go with vardy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Vuck u Fardy

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Changed from Aguero to Vardy at 11:29

The site crashed + thought it didn't save. It did.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Changed from Aguero to Vardy at 11:29

The site crashed + thought it didn't save. It did.

The site was down at that time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

CSF wrote: »
    The site was down at that time though.

I had the app, I'm amazed it went though. no bs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Anyone captain Coutinho? Noticed a few Liverpool fans in my leagues did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anyone captain Coutinho? Noticed a few Liverpool fans in my leagues did.

People who captained coutinho this week shouldn't be much threat over the course of the season :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

stephenl15 wrote: »
    People who captained coutinho this week shouldn't be much threat over the course of the season :P

My thoughts exactly. I even saw someone captain Kante.

/facepalm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Hazard my captain tomorrow, hoping for a Coutinio like performance

Advertisement