Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable for cctv

Options
  • 30-07-2016 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I am currently finishing a project and part of it is wiring for lighting and cctv.
    I do not know as yet ,the type of camera/system that will be installed.
    Which cable would give me the greatest flexibility in choice later. I would be edging closer to a higher quality system.
    I have high quality homenet cable 4 pairs double screened 2.4g data capacity that i could put in, or would a nymj , coax cable etc be better.

This will be buried under stone cladding so i can only install once

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

would u not put them in ducts that will allow future proofing?

The coax setup is usually easier and less complex than Cat 5/6/
    when wiring, consider how you will feed the output to the TV's if that is what you want: just more wiring and if you are happy with a less quality then the Coax will do, HDMI feed to TV more complex
    One consideration re the camera positions, consider risk of cameras being blinded by sun at some point in the day, I had an issue with low winter early morning sun
    HTH

ps my level of ignorance is obvious here:)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057363888

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

A cat 5 and an rg59 will cover you but in reality you'll probably only use the cat 5 as the higher quality stuff is ip.

Advertisement