Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! Body weight category

Options
  • 26-07-2016 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hey!!
    I am competing in a Girevoy Kettlebell Lifting comp on Saturday. I compete in the -58KG group, but I am now STILL 59KG, and have been hovering at that for the last 2-3 weeks! I don't know what to do, cos if you don't weigh in, in your weight category, then you cannot compete! :O
    I eat 1587 calories daily, and have been doing extra cardio and HIIT, but i still cant get under it!

Any suggestions as what to do, I don't seem to be retaining water, but still could, I don't know!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,106 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

How long between weigh in and your event, As in standing there swinging the KB?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KaTEA

Theres usually about 5 hours, but there's a cut off time for weigh in :(

KaTEA wrote: »
    Theres usually about 5 hours, but there's a cut off time for weigh in :(
    5 hours is loads of time. Is the weigh in on the morning?

From the next few days, drink lots of water. Eat your planned/normal amount of food, but don't load up on carbs. Light meat and veg type meals.
    That alone could have you down the 1kg by Friday. Is so, job done.

If you are still over on Friday, the cut out salt/sodium as best you can, then on Friday evening, cut out fluids and have a light dinner. Have a hot bath before bed, and wrap up in layers in bed. It'll uncomfortable and sweaty but that's the point. You'll be on weight in the morning by being slightly dehydrated. You have to watch what you eat/drink to avoid going back over. It might mean no food/drink until after weighin.

Once you weight in, grab a sports drink, a good breakfast, add some salt. And sip water. Step on to the platform at 60kg

Yes, weigh in is in the morning!

Thanks for the advice!! I'll try it :)

Should I stick to just fruit and veg for carbs, or is brown bread and protein powder okay too??

Yes, weigh in is in the morning!

Thanks for the advice!! I'll try it :)

Should I stick to just fruit and veg for carbs, or is brown bread and protein powder okay too??
    Fruit, veg, Protein powder and brown bread is all fine.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice!

Weighed .4kg lighter already this morning!!

Thanks for the advice!

Weighed .4kg lighter already this morning!!

No problem. Let me know how it goes For you.
    Good luck in the competition

Advertisement