Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Survivor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I wouldn't mind Flick winning either though - I thought she wasn't playing at all, but she orchestrated that move brilliantly and is a potential contender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

I've grown to loathe this season.

Flick + fickle = Flickle.

A Kristy win would be just desserts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

While Flick has added a big move to her resume should she make the FTC she has also shown that she's flaky as he'll and can't be trusted.

I can't see her making it to the end after that decision.

Even though I'm still watching, this season has just dragged on for too long, and at this point in the game the lenght of the episodes is a bit too much as well.

It's absurd. I won't be watching another season of it. I found it tough from day one and now it's just painful.

The last 2 episodes could have been condensed to a single 40 minute run time if they weren't pricking about with pointless reward challenges.

Still looking like a Kirstie win to me. She made the right choice in that last TC without doubt although I'm not sure if she made it for the right reasons.

• Advertisement

Infuriating season, surprised it's getting renewed.

Anyone but Lee/El to win....

Excellent ending to a season riddled with teething problems, outstanding final tribal performance by Kristie, well deserved winner.

Wishlist for next season: fewer contestants/days/episodes, less bombastic soundtrack especially at tribal, and no blatant sharing of classified info by the host.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,883 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Excellent ending to a season riddled with teething problems, outstanding final tribal performance by Kristie, well deserved winner.

Wishlist for next season: fewer contestants/days/episodes, less bombastic soundtrack especially at tribal, and no blatant sharing of classified info by the host.
    Whats that referring to? I got bored around ep5 and gave up...

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats that referring to? I got bored around ep5 and gave up...

Shared info with a contestant (Brooke) that Phoebe had played an idol in her previous tribal council without it ever being intimated.

Brooke would likely have chosen Phoebe to bring back to her tribe (twist) as she was being perceived as a threat, and thus an easy vote out, instead she chose Sue and Phoebe was voted out next tribal (Kristie's doing), low point of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

The least worst of the final 3 won however I think Kristie was really lucky to make it to the final 2. I didn't like the way they went straight from the final immunity challenge to tribal council without showing any interaction back in camp with the other 2 pleading their case to Kristie.

• Advertisement

The series really dragged on which was unfortunate, because it just meant I stopped caring about halfway through - I stuck with it, but it'd put me off watching future seasons. May just stick to OG Probst Survivor seasons...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Argghhh, I saw the winner on facebook from a friends liked post. I had thought the finale wasn't until tomorrow night :( I have actually enjoyed the season (but maybe that's because I'm australian :P ) I'm surprised Kristie won - I really thought she was pretty stupid not making a few moves especially as it got closer to the end, but it obviously paid off for her.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I've no idea who's going to win it going forward.

Will probably root for Kirstie now given that everyone else annoys me.

I also wouldn't be too surprised if she did go on to win it based on what we've seen so far.

Lee would be another possibility.
    Boom!

The length of the season made it tricky to figure out but the signs were all there. This alone prevented me from coming on here the past few days berating Kirstie for not making a move.

Great performance from her at the FTC, as good as I can remember. And kudos to the jury for their openness and final decision.

Won't be watching again as the season is far too long and I believe will stay this way for financing reasons.

I think both the future cast and the production team will have learned some valuable lessons going forward.

Kristy is so flaky it is hard to fully figure her out but she seems to have played a brilliant tactical game to go to the final 3 with Lee and El knowing she could beat either of them in the final as they had been involved in voting off everyone on the jury unlike her. The big fault in her plan was having to win the final immunity challenge after under performing in every challenge up to then. But she did pull it off totally against the odds and romped home 8 to 1 in the final. Most of the jury were voting for anyone but Lee or El though rather than for her. Lee and El are dating each other since the season ended so they probably would have split the money equally if either of them had won anyway.

I had thought Kristie should have voted out Lee and El when it gone down to the final five but she definitely was right not to as the there was no guarantee that she would have won.

I just hope they have less contestants for the next series and that they cut out the messing with Survivor traditions like the tribal council.

Survivor Australia is back on July 30

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Which channel?

Ch 10

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Live finale and reunion too this season, like the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Back today. I wonder if they'll learn from the mistakes of season 3?

Just sitting down to watch it now. As an aside, Lee and Elle from last season are still together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

mel.b wrote: »
    Just sitting down to watch it now. As an aside, Lee and Elle from last season are still together.

Where did you find it? Normally have no issue but no look this season ...

LOL @ ep 2...one contestant during the IC had his plumber's crack blurred out for the tv, while another lost his pants altogether and no blurring out...must admit the 2nd one was a much better butt to be looking at :P:o:D

Just an FYI for any survivor nerds .... Leif (survivor one world) is currently downing the whiskey in Dublin and is heading to Tralee tomorrow with his partner :)

Ziggy's my pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,883 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is the new series any good? More American style, less insanely dragged out I mean?

So far it is totally based on the US format with hidden immunity idols and a reward challenge, a immunity challenge and a tribal council and an eviction per episode.

Thargor wrote: »
    Is the new series any good? More American style, less insanely dragged out I mean?

Is 55 days again and started with 24 castaways. 4 episodes so far (one probably just aired in oz i am assuming), around 10 days have passed and 4 tribal councils. No crazy tribe swaps or anything yet. I like that the episodes are generally a bit longer and that you get more insight into the tribes and some decisions that are made, although saying that
    the person who was kicked out in ep 4 was a surprise

So 1 hour episodes, 24 contestants and 55 days on the island again? Is it two episodes per week?

They were all unnecessary tweaks from the standard format which annoyed me a little but I can understand the need to stretch things out.

Have the cast realised that it's actually game and mateship is a load of boll*x?

I think that was the element that pissed me off the most about last season.

Had dinner with Leif on Thursday, managed to control my inner survivor nerd for the most part as I didn't want to freak him out! He was really sound but I'm guessing a lot of the past contestants are ar$eholes lol.

On a more related note - loving Season 4 so far :) in fact I like that there are more episodes than the US version. Not sure how much I like AKs strategy but lets see what happens!

• Advertisement

Merge episode next, Ziggy still going strong as predicted.

Advertisement