Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Enterprise Insurance has folded, with over 14,000 Irish Customers

Options
  • 22-07-2016 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Anyone here with them?

Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

How many insurance companies have gone bust in the last 10 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

That's a other 30 euro levy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

No policy with them, never heard of them, but no doubt I'll be hearing about them next year when they find an excuse to tack another 30% onto my premium even though I'll be celebrating 25 years of accident free and point free driving in 2017.

/Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bloody joke, any Mickey Mouse company from abroad can offer cover and if it folds the motorist in this country covers their ass, something very wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,901 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Red Kev wrote: »
    No policy with them, never heard of them, but no doubt I'll be hearing about them next year when they find an excuse to tack another 30% onto my premium even though I'll be celebrating 25 years of accident free and point free driving in 2017.

/Rant over
    Ditto - except in my case it's my case it's 30 years :eek:

Ran to my files when I saw this to check who I was insured with - phew, it's not Enterprise - but yikes, it's another company registered in Gibraltar.

Not sure if it's worth worrying about until (if) it happens - but how the feck do you find a reliable insurer these days (that doesn't involve taking out a second mortgage) :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭cnoc

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ditto - except in my case it's my case it's 30 years :eek:

Ran to my files when I saw this to check who I was insured with - phew, it's not Enterprise - but yikes, it's another company registered in Gibraltar.

Not sure if it's worth worrying about until (if) it happens - but how the feck do you find a reliable insurer these days (that doesn't involve taking out a second mortgage) :confused::confused:

Should we now check where our Ins Co's are registered before insuring a vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,901 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

cnoc wrote: »
    Should we now check where our Ins Co's are registered before insuring a vehicle.
    Well indeed - I don't know!

I only switched to this crowd (Zenith - anyone heard of them?? Headline name is Bump Insurance, which wasn't exactly reassuring, although I was assured they're legit) through a recommended broker after last year's crowd quoted me a 53% increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

So that poxy devil really does give a hell of a quote!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

So that poxy devil really does give a hell of a quote!

Are they affiliated to quote devil?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

bmwguy wrote: »

I thought they were linked to insuremyvan.ie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Yeah, I rang them, paid them, and got a disc with enterprise on it. But brokers jump ship all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

One of Quote Devil's partners was Wrightway, who worked with/through(?) Enterprise.

bertie4evr wrote: »
    One of Quote Devil's partners was Wrightway, who worked with/through(?) Enterprise.

I think Setanta were in with them as well back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Red Kev wrote: »
    I think Setanta were in with them as well back in the day.

Don't know if that's the case or not Setanta caught me for 2 months insurance in 2014 and I let it slide because it was only two months left on the policy .
    Has anyone got their premium back after that ?
    If not and this is the same again , well to hell with them sort it out NOW
    its a legal requirement to have it .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

I ask the question why is Insurance needed at all? People should just indemnify themselves and cover their own asses. Driving is way too regulated and I'd prefer a much more laissez faire affair. In a lot of countries you just buy your licence and any infractions are just dealt with by way of brown envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I ask the question why is Insurance needed at all? People should just indemnify themselves and cover their own asses. Driving is way too regulated and I'd prefer a much more laissez faire affair. In a lot of countries you just buy your licence and any infractions are just dealt with by way of brown envelope.

So how do you deal with someone who crashed into another driver which resulted in that driver or their passenger having a life changing injury that as a result requires expensive medical costs for the rest of their life? What happens if the liable driver hasn't the money to pay those medical expenses, most people wouldn't.

I think the last time we tried to run the country using brown envelopes it went tits up. Can't recommend it again from a personal point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

You can do that, just like Dublin Bus for example. Of course you do need a spare 10 millions or so as a bond

You can do that, just like Dublin Bus for example. Of course you do need a spare 10 millions or so as a bond

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

bazz26 wrote: »
    So how do you deal with someone who crashed into another driver which resulted in that driver or their passenger having a life changing injury that as a result requires expensive medical costs for the rest of their life? What happens if the liable driver hasn't the money to pay those medical expenses, most people wouldn't.

In Australia where insurance is optional car registration covers injury to persons and damage to property caused.
    A new $99 fee has been added this year to cover long-term injuries which is much less than most insurance hikes in Ireland this year :
    http://www.coastlive.com.au/vehicle-registration-to-increase-99-to-accommodate-states-injury-insurance-scheme/

This is a far better system than what's used in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

And people keep posting about it being possible to get insurance from any EU country. Looks like the only EU companies coming in offering cheap policies operate with the same methods of Quinn, make as much money as possible then run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Are people insured with this crowd still actually insured as of right now? Or how does it work?

I ask mainly from a selfish point of view, as my Dad is insured with them and has the car booked on a ferry for Monday morning for his holiday.

So should I be advising him not to go now, seeing as he wont have time to get a new policy in place before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Are people insured with this crowd still actually insured as of right now? Or how does it work?

I ask mainly from a selfish point of view, as my Dad is insured with them and has the car booked on a ferry for Monday morning for his holiday.

So should I be advising him not to go now, seeing as he wont have time to get a new policy in place before then.

I was insured on a van with setanta and had to park it up untill I could sort something else out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

I was insured on a van with setanta and had to park it up untill I could sort something else out

Damn, yeah that's what I figured. Not good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Heard you the first time :pac:

Damn, yeah that's what I figured. Not good at all.

Ring your broker they might be able to do something quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

You are covered until they formally cancel your policy by giving 10 days notice by registered post.

Wouldn't take that chance

Advertisement