Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon Go - Best Areas

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I am going to try and catch 35 candies worth of Drowzee in the time it takes the bus to drive from Heuston to the port tunnel after which I'll probably never see one again. Is it feasible?
    Maybe I could hatch one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Yeh Drowses are like pidgy and Ratata in Dublin City Centre one every 100 yards like . I've manged to evelove 7 Hypno with the amount of them i've caught.

I also had all three eveloves of evee by the time is was level 15 or 16 , though most came via eggs.

Still have never seen a Pikachu or Ponyta in the wild hatched both

Just as I was about to reply to this a friend of mine came across this on his way to work - first one I've seen

13663349_10153934979236461_143346024_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I am going to try and catch 35 candies worth of Drowzee in the time it takes the bus to drive from Heuston to the port tunnel after which I'll probably never see one again. Is it feasible?
    Maybe I could hatch one.
    It's possible, but you'll probably get water pokemon along there. I did that route a while back, absolutely loads of stuff, mostly staru and the blue thing with the swirly stomach. Personally, I'd forget about catching pokemon unless you see something unusual and stock up on pokeballs. Loads of stops there.
    Was waiting on Westmorland street today and there was a lure. Nice one I thought cos I'm rarely in the city centre. 4 poxy drowzees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Just as I was about to reply to this a friend of mine came across this on his way to work - first one I've seen

13663349_10153934979236461_143346024_o.jpg

I eventually hatched enough pikachu's to get my raichu, which turned out to be an utter bag of sh-t. I AM DISAPPOINT :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Merrion Sqaure, grand canal and bull island seem to be popular dublin spots. Anywhere for a good chance at a Mr Mime (might be in dublin at the weekend).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

syboit wrote: »
    Merrion Sqaure, grand canal and bull island seem to be popular dublin spots. Anywhere for a good chance at a Mr Mime (might be in dublin at the weekend).

Never even see the shadow of one but heard bull island is almost gaurenteed , im heading out there Saturday to see what all the fuss is about

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭D3sperado

The only places I've seen Mr. Mime spawn is in Ranelagh Gardens (right beside the Ranelagh luas stop). It was definitely a nest for them but this may have changed. Also around hospitals seems to be a common place and have seen it spawn a few times around the Rotunda at the top of O'Connell Street.

Bull Island is great - been out there 3 or 4 times over the last few weeks. I've highlighted the main spots in the attached screenshot (in classic MS Paint style!). Make sure you stock up on pokeballs before heading out though, there aren't that many pokestops, particularly at the spawn in the middle of the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

Any places of interest in Galway? Any nests? Noticed a lot of Drowzees around the coach station, caught 6 with an incense and a few Jynx around there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

D3sperado wrote: »
    The only places I've seen Mr. Mime spawn is in Ranelagh Gardens (right beside the Ranelagh luas stop). It was definitely a nest for them but this may have changed. Also around hospitals seems to be a common place and have seen it spawn a few times around the Rotunda at the top of O'Connell Street.

Bull Island is great - been out there 3 or 4 times over the last few weeks. I've highlighted the main spots in the attached screenshot (in classic MS Paint style!). Make sure you stock up on pokeballs before heading out though, there aren't that many pokestops, particularly at the spawn in the middle of the island.

Scanned Bull Island last night after seeing your post, to see if it was worth a trip.
    Seen Cubone, Omanyte, Kabuto, Golduck, Squirtle, Wartortle, Dratini, Dodou, Pikachu, Eggecute, Rhyhorn plus all the usual water types. Didn't see any Mr Mime but still looks like a great spot.

• Advertisement

mcgovern wrote: »
    Scanned Bull Island last night after seeing your post, to see if it was worth a trip.
    Seen Cubone, Omanyte, Kabuto, Golduck, Squirtle, Wartortle, Dratini, Dodou, Pikachu, Eggecute, Rhyhorn plus all the usual water types. Didn't see any Mr Mime but still looks like a great spot.

Howd you scan it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Barraldo

Howd you scan it ?

Probably means they walked around the island?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

DunLaoghaire pier is pretty good. Halfway out the east pier there are 3 stops together that often all have lures going.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Brasso

theliam wrote: »
    DunLaoghaire pier is pretty good. Halfway out the east pier there are 3 stops together that often all have lures going.

Yes I caught a Gengar from one of those lures and a Ponyta another time. I also got a Machoke at the start of the pier near the yacht club, Squirtle also seems to hang around there.

theliam wrote: »

Seafront and peoples park are great too. Even lures going in the rain in peoples park! And you can see a route through the town where you'd hit about 25 stops. Definitely a great pokemon area if you want somewhere nice to walk around at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

where's the best place to catch bulbasaurs in cork? i've tried virtually ever park in the city and not one shows up....... same goes for abras :(

• Advertisement

I can't find Bulbasaurs ANYWHERE!! I got two Abras in Dingle a couple of weeks ago.

Does anyone have a tip for Pikachu locations in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Poliwags are spawning in Howth for anyone who's interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

fatknacker wrote: »
    Poliwags are spawning in Howth for anyone who's interested

Poliwags, Whirls and Wraths are constantly up around Heuston Station.

Sutton is a great spot for Voltorbs and Magenites

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Anyone got any tips on Mr Mime locations in Dublin?

Freaky looking fellow. Want to be able to drop him into a gym when Im in the US next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dublee

Tenger wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips on Mr Mime locations in Dublin?

Freaky looking fellow. Want to be able to drop him into a gym when Im in the US next month.

I've heard they spawn in the park across from Ranelagh luas stop, haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

• Advertisement

Thanks to whomever posted about Merrion Sq., Dublin and Magmar. Spent approx 40 mins there today and found 3. I was terribly happy when I saw the first one on my screen......but shocked when I saw its CP was only 89!!
    Luckily the third was over 10 times that, well worth the detour in. Also captured a Porygon that spawned at a lure there at the same time....result!!

Thanks to whomever posted about Merrion Sq., Dublin and Magmar. Spent approx 40 mins there today and found 3. I was terribly happy when I saw the first one on my screen......but shocked when I saw its CP was only 89!!
    Luckily the third was over 10 times that, well worth the detour in. Also captured a Porygon that spawned at a lure there at the same time....result!!

Haha yep MS is a pure Magmar spawn! MS is always on the return leg of my lunchtime walk and I always get a Magmar there. Always. I picked one up today. 1180 Magmar!! Massive yoke!! Found a Kibuto in MS, too. Near Oscar Wilde.

went out to bull island saturday , would like to spend a bit more tiime there tbh but in the hour and 20 i was out there i caught 19 mons incl some hadnt even seen a shadow of 1 previously including Grimer got enough vulpix to evolve one to a 9 tails , also manged to catch a few Meowth and Nodoran enough to ecolve to a persian and a Nidoking and had 7 pokemon spawn at once , great spot saw the shadow of a Garydose and a Charizard but never found em

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭gmonov1

I hit bull island yesterday too, done the south half and caught a good few, mostly water types, which is what you'd expect I guess. It's good for building up candies for the likes of poliwag, magicarp etc. I was surprised to see a gyarados spawn in front of me, fairly low cp but still a nice one to add to the pokedex. Same with hitmonlee.
    The biggest dissapointment of the day though was seeing a magmar spawn and the app froze 😭😭 Gonna head out again on my next day off and hit the north half as there seemed to be better ones there.

Thanks to everyone for the tips, gonna try hit a few more spots before the novelty wears off!

gmonov1 wrote: »
    I hit bull island yesterday too, done the south half and caught a good few, mostly water types, which is what you'd expect I guess. It's good for building up candies for the likes of poliwag, magicarp etc. I was surprised to see a gyarados spawn in front of me, fairly low cp but still a nice one to add to the pokedex. Same with hitmonlee.
    The biggest dissapointment of the day though was seeing a magmar spawn and the app froze 😭😭 Gonna head out again on my next day off and hit the north half as there seemed to be better ones there.

Thanks to everyone for the tips, gonna try hit a few more spots before the novelty wears off!

Remember Merrion Square is a hotspot for Magmar. Pun intended.

[QUOTE=gmonov1; Gonna head out again on my next day off and hit the north half as there seemed to be better ones there.

Thanks to everyone for the tips, gonna try hit a few more spots before the novelty wears off![/QUOTE]

Yeah the North of the Island looked really promising and the area around st annes park , never been in that park before despite living in Dublin for 25 years will definitely be going back soon

Problem with Bull Island is that it's the golf course that looks good. Is walking along the beach heading north worth it?

Cienciano wrote: »
    Problem with Bull Island is that it's the golf course that looks good. Is walking along the beach heading north worth it?

the beach was so so for me the best areas are the causway road up to the roundabout , very few stops but allot of spawns so park at the top there up by the beach then walk bak down the causway out along the bottom on the St annes side where there was heaps of pokemon caught about 15 in 5or 6 minutes and was getting 3 or 4 apawning at a time then back to to the car , drive back down the causway again and along the bottom to the noth island bridge some rare types round there got two Omynite and a Mr.Mime there then up to the North part which was ok but didn't get enough time there because, Leicester Hull was kickin off so we had to bail

If anyone needs an Onix, killiney hill park is full of them

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭gmonov1

Mr. Mime spawned in stoneybatter twice in the last couple hours, near the scout den. Missed him first time but managed to track him down the 2nd time

• Advertisement

tried playing on the train this mornin was a total bust soft ban strait away everything i caught rscaped first time

tried playing on the train this mornin was a total bust soft ban strait away everything i caught rscaped first time

Why do you have a soft ban?

Oh outside McGrattans near Baggot Street this morning, a friendly Omanyte popped up. Caught it, bringing my total of seen and caught to 87/87!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 unknownfire45

If you go to the yellow brick road in Dun Laoighre it's a shellder and physduck nest

Barraldo wrote: »

There have been reports that if you try playing while travelling too fast e.g. in a car or on a bus, you'll get a soft ban.
    I would guess that's what happened to him.

There have been reports that if you try playing while travelling too fast e.g. in a car or on a bus, you'll get a soft ban.
    I play on a bus all the time (dublinbus heading into town to work) all I get is the "You are travelling too fast" warning.

Barraldo wrote: »

Oh outside McGrattans near Baggot Street this morning, a friendly Omanyte popped up. Caught it, bringing my total of seen and caught to 87/87!
    I play on a bus all the time (dublinbus heading into town to work) all I get is the "You are travelling too fast" warning.

Yeh that's exactly it , it shouldn't happen to you on a bus perticularly in dublin with traffic wtc , but on the train this morning anything i caught escaped on the first throw , very little showed which is what i was hoping for as i was planning to use the incense hack were you play it in an isolated place with nothing in your sightings in order to spawn rarer pokemon ( figured the midlands would be ideal )

But literaly anything that showed i lost immediately , this happens too if you play while in a car on a motorway or that asweel and the latest updats have removed spawns from motorway areas as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Yeh that's exactly it , it shouldn't happen to you on a bus perticularly in dublin with traffic wtc , but on the train this morning anything i caught escaped on the first throw , very little showed which is what i was hoping for as i was planning to use the incense hack were you play it in an isolated place with nothing in your sightings in order to spawn rarer pokemon ( figured the midlands would be ideal )

Does the incense hack work? And if so the more remote the better or what??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Working today in the wicklow mountains near enniskerry. Decided to give the incense hack mentioned above a whack as little to nothing up around here. 2 pidgeys,a weedle,an odd ish, a venoaut and a zubat later it's safe to say it's BS.

dbagman wrote: »
    Working today in the wicklow mountains near enniskerry. Decided to give the incense hack mentioned above a whack as little to nothing up around here. 2 pidgeys,a weedle,an odd ish, a venoaut and a zubat later it's safe to say it's BS.

yeh its hit and miss tbh ive done it 3 times , it worked once go a 1450 CP Hypno , 1,040 CP electabuzz 2 fairly week Kabuto a Seaking and a Grmer ... but the other 2 times i got the same auld sh1te pigys rattatas etc...

• Advertisement

If it's that remote you won't get a 4G signal and won't be able to log in

If it's that remote you won't get a 4G signal and won't be able to log in
    But they were able to log on, the idea is to use incense in a remote area with few spawns normally.
    Theory is that using incense in a busy area (ie, urban) just increases the number of the local pokemon.
    Using incense in a non-busy area means the server populates it with random pokemon....so chances of seeing a rare pokemon are increased.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Caught a Mr Mime in my living room just now. I live near Lamb Doyles pub (which is also a stop) if that's any help to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭FaceCake

Ah here, did they scramble the spawns again? I see more evolved forms randomly, but some of the consistent areas I noticed seem to have been taken out. Merrion sq and Stephens green used to be good for a magmar and a cubone or three almost every visit. Now it just seems like random common stuff. Few spots nearer to me don't seem as fruitful anymore either. Maybe I'm just on an unlucky streak? A Vaporeon despawned as I tapped on it in temple bar. Gutted.

FaceCake wrote: »
    Ah here, did they scramble the spawns again? I see more evolved forms randomly, but some of the consistent areas I noticed seem to have been taken out. Merrion sq and Stephens green used to be good for a magmar and a cubone or three almost every visit. Now it just seems like random common stuff. ..........
    I did see something on twitter earlier about possible reshuffle, and asking people to send in data.

I did see something on twitter earlier about possible reshuffle, and asking people to send in data.

They did, spawn near me was originally Magmar, then Electrabuzz and now Pinsir.
    Another was Hitmonchan, then Voltorb, now Eggexecute.
    Park nearby was Mankey and is now Growlithe.
    Park in next town was Tentacool, then Abra, now Machop.

Seen as many as 6 Growlithe at once, the others are just a few times a day.

• Advertisement

FaceCake wrote: »
    Ah here, did they scramble the spawns again? I see more evolved forms randomly, but some of the consistent areas I noticed seem to have been taken out. Merrion sq and Stephens green used to be good for a magmar and a cubone or three almost every visit. Now it just seems like random common stuff. Few spots nearer to me don't seem as fruitful anymore either. Maybe I'm just on an unlucky streak? A Vaporeon despawned as I tapped on it in temple bar. Gutted.

I think so, any time I scanned Merrion Square I saw a magmar, and any time I scanned Killiney hill park I saw an onix. scanned both over the last few days and both those pokemon are gone. Doduo were always in Deerpark and just did a scan there now and nothing.

Was walking through Merrion Square today and I saw the shadow of a Lapras. I tracked it for a bit and then it disappeared from the sightings. I haven't noticed the usual amount of Magmars there, either. There's enough Drowzees, though. Also near the James Joyce bust in Stephen's Green, I've noticed a lot of Horsea spawning.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Daxy22

Cienciano wrote: »
    I think so, any time I scanned Merrion Square I saw a magmar, and any time I scanned Killiney hill park I saw an onix. scanned both over the last few days and both those pokemon are gone. Doduo were always in Deerpark and just did a scan there now and nothing.

Wat u using to scan???

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Saw this on another site.....

Sorry for long post, but hope it helps?

After a recent update, these are the changes to spawn spots.

Bulbasaur > Bulbasaur/Charmander

Charmander > Charmander

Squirtle > Squirtle

Ekans > Pikachu

Pikachu > Sandshrew

Sandshrew > Nidoran♀

Nidoran♀ > Nidoran♂

Nidoran♂ > ???

Clefairy > Vulpix

Vulpix > Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff > Vulpix?

Oddish > Paras

Paras > ???

Venonat > Diglett

Diglett > Meowth

Meowth > Psyduck

Psyduck > Staryu

Mankey > Growlithe

Growlithe > Poliwag

Poliwag > Abra

Abra > Machop

Machop > Bellsprout

Bellsprout > Tentacool

Tentacool > Geodude

Geodude > Ponyta

Ponyta > Slowpoke/Magnemite

Slowpoke > Magnemite/Doduo

Magnemite > Seel/Doduo

Doduo > Seel/Shellder

Seel > Shellder/Gastly

Grimer > ???

Shellder > Gastly/Onix

Gastly > Drowzee/Onix

Onix > Drowzee/Krabby

Drowzee > Krabby/Voltorb

Krabby > Exeggcute/Voltorb

Voltorb > Cubone/Exeggcute

Exeggcute > Cubone/Rhyhorn

Cubone > Rhyhorn/Horsea

Hitmonlee > ???

Hitmonchan > ???

Lickitung > ???

Koffing > ???

Rhyhorn > Horsea/Goldeen

Tangela > Cubone?

Horsea > Staryu

Goldeen > Scyther/Staryu

Staryu > Jynx

Scyther > Electabuzz/Jynx

Jynx > Magmar/Electabuzz

Electabuzz > Magmar/Pinsir

Magmar > Magikarp

Pinsir > Eevee/Magikarp

Magikarp > Omanyte/Eevee

Eevee > Kabuto

Omanyte > N/A

Kabuto > N/A

Dratini > ???

Taken from here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/08/23/pokemon-go-spawning-nests-have-just-changed-worldwide-yet-again/?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix&yptr=yahoo#632a829e287f

I wish! If all my Ekans were Pikachus I'd be laughing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement