Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Halal Beer

• 19-07-2016 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭ Palmach

Does anyone know where I can buy Halal beer in Ireland? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭ recedite

Its on the shelf above the halal pork pies.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko

Non-alcoholic beer yeah?

No, beer is haram even when non-alcoholic

“If a large quantity of a given drink intoxicates, then a small quantity of that drink is forbidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭ Frank Grimes

recedite wrote: »
    Its on the shelf above the halal pork pies.
    The OP might be referring to something like the non-alcoholic beer I've bought before in a Muslim country. I've never seen it in Ireland anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ Xyzforsure

The OP might be referring to something like the non-alcoholic beer I've bought before in a Muslim country. I've never seen it in Ireland anyway.

Is non alcoholic beer nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭ Uriel.

Xyzforsure wrote: »

Compared to alcohol beer you mean? Or in general?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭ Frank Grimes

Some of them are anyway.

Some of them are anyway.

I've a problem with drink so may try it

Uriel. wrote: »
    Compared to alcohol beer you mean? Or in general?

Yep in comparison to real beer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭ smacl

Yep in comparison to real beer

Fine on a hot day where you like having a cool beer in your hand, or if you've guests who are driving and would like a beer. When travelling in North Africa, the alternative there among the locals was small glasses of very strong sweet mint tea, which I found hugely refreshing and still grow mint today as a result. Other places in the Middle East I've been to, I used to be given strong sweet black tea when my colleagues were going off to prayer. Ok, but not as nice.

If you've a problem with drink, a good juicer or nutribullet makes a great investment as you can make a wide variety of very tasty, healthy beverages. Trying to cut down on the beers myself at the moment and enjoy a mix of limes, green apple, ice and soda water with a dash a elderflower cordial. So much nicer than pretend beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭ Palmach

biko wrote: »
    Non-alcoholic beer yeah?

“If a large quantity of a given drink intoxicates, then a small quantity of that drink is forbidden.

Not true. I have met Muslims and read Fatwas that say it is only haram if it has alcohol. I know there is beer which is branded halal in Iran.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators Posts: 81,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭ biko

I got it from a hadeeth.

Op go ahead and do what you think is best, or ask you imam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭ livedadream

Palmach wrote: »

beer is haram so no you cant buy it halal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭ donaghs

Not true. I have met Muslims and read Fatwas that say it is only haram if it has alcohol. I know there is beer which is branded halal in Iran.

Malt based soft drinks are big in the mid east. Some "halal" shop around camden st. and portobello sell them

I know there is beer which is branded halal in Iran.

you cant consume alcohol in Iran, (I accept it happens but its still the law)

you have to apply for a licence if you are a foreigner and can only buy it in certain places

its hudud.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭ bigpink

All the foreign and halal shops sell it id say.See it in a shop here owned by Muslims have alot of malt drinks in the fridge

• Registered Users Posts: 25,871 ✭✭✭✭ looksee

biko wrote: »
    Non-alcoholic beer yeah?

Doesn't that mean that if a large quantity of (say) Guinness intoxicates, then a small quantity of that drink (Guinness) is forbidden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭ recedite

What else do you expect from those heretical sons of dogs, the Persian shi-ites.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭ Palmach

did you read the article you posted?

and the word halal is in inverted commas when used to describe it.

Taybeh, launched an alcohol-free “Halal”version of its ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭ Peregrinus

did you read the article you posted?
    It makes a distinction between low-alcohol beers, which are haram, and alcohol-free beers, which are not. However much of an alcohol-free beer you drink, it won't make you drunk. (It will make you sick, though. So don't try this at home.) And there's a large and growing market in the Middle East for alcohol-free beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 LPC786

😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MoMo2020

You can by the Barbican non-alcoholic malt beverage in many Asian supermarkets. Its called a malt beverage as technically its not a beer. Its also made in Saudi Arabia (I think) so definitely Halal!

Advertisement