Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halal Beer

• 19-07-2016 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can buy Halal beer in Ireland? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Its on the shelf above the halal pork pies.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Non-alcoholic beer yeah?

No, beer is haram even when non-alcoholic

“If a large quantity of a given drink intoxicates, then a small quantity of that drink is forbidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

recedite wrote: »
    Its on the shelf above the halal pork pies.
    The OP might be referring to something like the non-alcoholic beer I've bought before in a Muslim country. I've never seen it in Ireland anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Xyzforsure

The OP might be referring to something like the non-alcoholic beer I've bought before in a Muslim country. I've never seen it in Ireland anyway.

Is non alcoholic beer nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Xyzforsure wrote: »

Compared to alcohol beer you mean? Or in general?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Some of them are anyway.

Some of them are anyway.

I've a problem with drink so may try it

Uriel. wrote: »
    Compared to alcohol beer you mean? Or in general?

Yep in comparison to real beer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Yep in comparison to real beer

Fine on a hot day where you like having a cool beer in your hand, or if you've guests who are driving and would like a beer. When travelling in North Africa, the alternative there among the locals was small glasses of very strong sweet mint tea, which I found hugely refreshing and still grow mint today as a result. Other places in the Middle East I've been to, I used to be given strong sweet black tea when my colleagues were going off to prayer. Ok, but not as nice.

If you've a problem with drink, a good juicer or nutribullet makes a great investment as you can make a wide variety of very tasty, healthy beverages. Trying to cut down on the beers myself at the moment and enjoy a mix of limes, green apple, ice and soda water with a dash a elderflower cordial. So much nicer than pretend beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Palmach

biko wrote: »
    Non-alcoholic beer yeah?

“If a large quantity of a given drink intoxicates, then a small quantity of that drink is forbidden.

Not true. I have met Muslims and read Fatwas that say it is only haram if it has alcohol. I know there is beer which is branded halal in Iran.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I got it from a hadeeth.

Op go ahead and do what you think is best, or ask you imam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Palmach wrote: »

beer is haram so no you cant buy it halal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭donaghs

Not true. I have met Muslims and read Fatwas that say it is only haram if it has alcohol. I know there is beer which is branded halal in Iran.

Malt based soft drinks are big in the mid east. Some "halal" shop around camden st. and portobello sell them

I know there is beer which is branded halal in Iran.

you cant consume alcohol in Iran, (I accept it happens but its still the law)

you have to apply for a licence if you are a foreigner and can only buy it in certain places

its hudud.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

All the foreign and halal shops sell it id say.See it in a shop here owned by Muslims have alot of malt drinks in the fridge

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭looksee

biko wrote: »
    Non-alcoholic beer yeah?

Doesn't that mean that if a large quantity of (say) Guinness intoxicates, then a small quantity of that drink (Guinness) is forbidden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

What else do you expect from those heretical sons of dogs, the Persian shi-ites.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Palmach

did you read the article you posted?

and the word halal is in inverted commas when used to describe it.

Taybeh, launched an alcohol-free “Halal”version of its ale.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,021 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

did you read the article you posted?
    It makes a distinction between low-alcohol beers, which are haram, and alcohol-free beers, which are not. However much of an alcohol-free beer you drink, it won't make you drunk. (It will make you sick, though. So don't try this at home.) And there's a large and growing market in the Middle East for alcohol-free beers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 LPC786

😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MoMo2020

You can by the Barbican non-alcoholic malt beverage in many Asian supermarkets. Its called a malt beverage as technically its not a beer. Its also made in Saudi Arabia (I think) so definitely Halal!

Advertisement