Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Are these good seats for Croke Park GAA?

  • 18-07-2016 8:05pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ frolic


    Cusack Lower 309 J 13 and 14 is what I got. There was no option to pick a seat, but it seems okay by the looks of the interactive map I looked up.

    If these seats are not good, where can I buy better ones?


Comments

  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭ seligehgit


    frolic wrote: »
    Cusack Lower 309 J 13 and 14 is what I got. There was no option to pick a seat, but it seems okay by the looks of the interactive map I looked up.

    If these seats are not good, where can I buy better ones?

    https://crokepark.ie/stadiumplan2/index.html

    Pretty decent seats,you're seated between the 45 yard line and 21 yard line down towards the Davin stand,10 rows back from the front.Great view,make sure you bring the rain gear if it's a wet day.


  • Registered Users Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ frolic


    Sweet! The tickets only went on sale with time and date a few hours ago so I was hoping for it to be good. Thank you for the rain gear advice.

    Is there much difference between the Hogan and Cusack stand? I chose Cusack only because the seating looked better on the interactive map.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭ TCDStudent1


    frolic wrote: »
    Sweet! The tickets only went on sale with time and date a few hours ago so I was hoping for it to be good. Thank you for the rain gear advice.

    Is there much difference between the Hogan and Cusack stand? I chose Cusack only because the seating looked better on the interactive map.

    No difference. For me the only advantage for the Hogan is that it is more accessible from town. Accessing the Cusack is a bit of a walk.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭ Realt Dearg Sec


    No difference. For me the only advantage for the Hogan is that it is more accessible from town. Accessing the Cusack is a bit of a walk.

    One other possible advantage is the roof covers more of the Hogan, you're less likely to be rained on. But aside from that, they're identical.


  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ donnem33


    No difference. For me the only advantage for the Hogan is that it is more accessible from town. Accessing the Cusack is a bit of a walk.

    On a hot sunny day however, in the cusack the sun it directly shining in your face whereas in the Hogan it wont affect you as it ll be on your back


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭ seligehgit


    donnem33 wrote: »
    On a hot sunny day however, in the cusack the sun it directly shining in your face whereas in the Hogan it wont affect you as it ll be on your back

    Yes that can be a disaster,only joking quite a minor complaint in the grand scheme of things.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 Jayop


    Is there a bad view in Croker?


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭ seligehgit


    Jayop wrote: »
    Is there a bad view in Croker?

    Don't really like the Davin Stand most especially behind the goalposts.Obstructed view,loathe the upper tiers.Love to have a view down on the full length of the pitch,lower Cusack or Hogan Stand on the half way line.

    I recall attending a league game against the Dubs and we were shuffled back into corner of the lower Cusack beside the Hill.Terrible view.

    Cracking game,we lost by 5 or so.Bernard Brogan went to town on Ger Caff.:mad:


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 Jayop


    seligehgit wrote: »
    Don't really like the Davin Stand most especially behind the goalposts.Obstructed view,loathe the upper tiers.Love to have a view down on the full length of the pitch,lower Cusack or Hogan Stand on the half way line.

    I recall attending a league game against the Dubs and we were shuffled back into corner of the lower Cusack beside the Hill.Terrible view.

    Cracking game,we lost by 5 or so.Bernard Brogan went to town on Ger Caff.:mad:

    Aye I've never been in the very back of the lower tier so I can imagine it's bad. The top tiers give a great view imo even if a little far away.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭ seligehgit


    Jayop wrote: »
    Aye I've never been in the very back of the lower tier so I can imagine it's bad. The top tiers give a great view imo even if a little far away.

    Too far away.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭ TCDStudent1


    seligehgit wrote: »
    Don't really like the Davin Stand most especially behind the goalposts.Obstructed view,loathe the upper tiers.Love to have a view down on the full length of the pitch,lower Cusack or Hogan Stand on the half way line.

    I recall attending a league game against the Dubs and we were shuffled back into corner of the lower Cusack beside the Hill.Terrible view.

    Cracking game,we lost by 5 or so.Bernard Brogan went to town on Ger Caff.:mad:

    The upper Davin is a wonderful view if you're central. You have a fantastic view of runs being made all over the pitch. You see on the Sunday game how they tactically analyse a game, it's usually from s height behind the goal. That's the view you get from the upper Davin.

    I agree on the corners though! Was in the corner of the hogan for Galway v Kilkenny this year, just a couple of rows up from the pitch and it was the worst view I've experienced in croke park.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 Jayop


    The upper Davin is a wonderful view if you're central. You have a fantastic view of runs being made all over the pitch. You see on the Sunday game how they tactically analyse a game, it's usually from s height behind the goal. That's the view you get from the upper Davin.

    I agree on the corners though! Was in the corner of the hogan for Galway v Kilkenny this year, just a couple of rows up from the pitch and it was the worst view I've experienced in croke park.

    That's it really. For a complete overview of the game the upper tier is the best. For atmosphere the lower tier is best.


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,597 ✭✭✭✭ PTH2009


    need to get a seat for the outside of the row.

    Do the seatings in the row start from 14 ???

    Im going to the Waterford vs Kilkenny semi final which the stadium being half empty


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,700 ✭✭✭✭ keane2097


    Premium Level in the Davin is the ultimate place to watch a game from.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭ Big Pussy Bonpensiero


    Not a fan of the rows close to the pitch in the lower.. Not a great view. Best place imo is three quarters way back.


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,597 ✭✭✭✭ PTH2009


    got 4 tickets for Cusack Stand Lower Section 308 Row SS 29-32 for the Kilkenny vs Waterford match


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,661 ✭✭✭✭ OldMrBrennan83


    This post has been deleted.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭ dastardly00


    PTH2009 wrote: »
    got 4 tickets for Cusack Stand Lower Section 308 Row SS 29-32 for the Kilkenny vs Waterford match

    I was just having a look on tickets.ie for myself....
    Cusack Stand Lower Section 308 Row TT Seat 30... I'd be right behind you :p:p

    I'll probably end up going for Hogan Stand tickets though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭ Nidgeweasel


    The Cusack. Urgh.

    Donegal to Croke Park is about 3 hours (with a 'normal' driver), the big tree to the Cusack- about the same.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,593 DoctaDee


    The Cusack. Urgh.

    Donegal to Croke Park is about 3 hours (with a 'normal' driver), the big tree to the Cusack- about the same.

    That would be the drink Nidge ....


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,509 ✭✭✭✭ Realt Dearg Sec


    The Cusack. Urgh.

    Donegal to Croke Park is about 3 hours (with a 'normal' driver), the big tree to the Cusack- about the same.

    I heard a rumour there's some other pubs near croke park. Could be bull**** though, sneaky dub trickery.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,593 DoctaDee


    Young lad was playing in Croker last week. We had to park up in the carpark behind the Davin, then walk around to the Cusack to gain entry - the walk was longer than the match..:(


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭ Big Pussy Bonpensiero


    For those with Cusack tickets, enter through the Hogan and walk around inside. It's much faster.

    It's only for big matches you'd have people checking your tickets and stopping you.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭ Nidgeweasel


    THFC wrote: »
    For those with Cusack tickets, enter through the Hogan and walk around inside. It's much faster.

    It's only for big matches you'd have people checking your tickets and stopping you.

    This is my usual trick. "Ah g'wan, me feet are bolloxed HI"


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,526 ✭✭✭ munchkin_utd


    Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    if Donegal and Mayo make it in, I'd expect there'll be few if any tickets distributed via the ticket agents.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2 FBremner3


    Can anyone tell me which seats are better out of 326 Row FF or 406 Row SS


    Many thanks



  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ Local_Chap


    406 is premium seating in the middle of the pitch. Doubt it's row SS if 406. 706 maybe?



Advertisement