Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are these good seats for Croke Park GAA?

• 18-07-2016 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Cusack Lower 309 J 13 and 14 is what I got. There was no option to pick a seat, but it seems okay by the looks of the interactive map I looked up.

If these seats are not good, where can I buy better ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

frolic wrote: »
    Cusack Lower 309 J 13 and 14 is what I got. There was no option to pick a seat, but it seems okay by the looks of the interactive map I looked up.

If these seats are not good, where can I buy better ones?

https://crokepark.ie/stadiumplan2/index.html

Pretty decent seats,you're seated between the 45 yard line and 21 yard line down towards the Davin stand,10 rows back from the front.Great view,make sure you bring the rain gear if it's a wet day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 frolic

Sweet! The tickets only went on sale with time and date a few hours ago so I was hoping for it to be good. Thank you for the rain gear advice.

Is there much difference between the Hogan and Cusack stand? I chose Cusack only because the seating looked better on the interactive map.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

frolic wrote: »
    Sweet! The tickets only went on sale with time and date a few hours ago so I was hoping for it to be good. Thank you for the rain gear advice.

Is there much difference between the Hogan and Cusack stand? I chose Cusack only because the seating looked better on the interactive map.

No difference. For me the only advantage for the Hogan is that it is more accessible from town. Accessing the Cusack is a bit of a walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

No difference. For me the only advantage for the Hogan is that it is more accessible from town. Accessing the Cusack is a bit of a walk.

One other possible advantage is the roof covers more of the Hogan, you're less likely to be rained on. But aside from that, they're identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

On a hot sunny day however, in the cusack the sun it directly shining in your face whereas in the Hogan it wont affect you as it ll be on your back

• Advertisement

donnem33 wrote: »
    On a hot sunny day however, in the cusack the sun it directly shining in your face whereas in the Hogan it wont affect you as it ll be on your back

Yes that can be a disaster,only joking quite a minor complaint in the grand scheme of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Is there a bad view in Croker?

Jayop wrote: »
    Is there a bad view in Croker?

Don't really like the Davin Stand most especially behind the goalposts.Obstructed view,loathe the upper tiers.Love to have a view down on the full length of the pitch,lower Cusack or Hogan Stand on the half way line.

I recall attending a league game against the Dubs and we were shuffled back into corner of the lower Cusack beside the Hill.Terrible view.

Cracking game,we lost by 5 or so.Bernard Brogan went to town on Ger Caff.:mad:

seligehgit wrote: »
    Don't really like the Davin Stand most especially behind the goalposts.Obstructed view,loathe the upper tiers.Love to have a view down on the full length of the pitch,lower Cusack or Hogan Stand on the half way line.

I recall attending a league game against the Dubs and we were shuffled back into corner of the lower Cusack beside the Hill.Terrible view.

Aye I've never been in the very back of the lower tier so I can imagine it's bad. The top tiers give a great view imo even if a little far away.

Jayop wrote: »
    Aye I've never been in the very back of the lower tier so I can imagine it's bad. The top tiers give a great view imo even if a little far away.

Too far away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

seligehgit wrote: »

The upper Davin is a wonderful view if you're central. You have a fantastic view of runs being made all over the pitch. You see on the Sunday game how they tactically analyse a game, it's usually from s height behind the goal. That's the view you get from the upper Davin.

I agree on the corners though! Was in the corner of the hogan for Galway v Kilkenny this year, just a couple of rows up from the pitch and it was the worst view I've experienced in croke park.

The upper Davin is a wonderful view if you're central. You have a fantastic view of runs being made all over the pitch. You see on the Sunday game how they tactically analyse a game, it's usually from s height behind the goal. That's the view you get from the upper Davin.

I agree on the corners though! Was in the corner of the hogan for Galway v Kilkenny this year, just a couple of rows up from the pitch and it was the worst view I've experienced in croke park.

That's it really. For a complete overview of the game the upper tier is the best. For atmosphere the lower tier is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,709 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

need to get a seat for the outside of the row.

Do the seatings in the row start from 14 ???

Im going to the Waterford vs Kilkenny semi final which the stadium being half empty

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Premium Level in the Davin is the ultimate place to watch a game from.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Not a fan of the rows close to the pitch in the lower.. Not a great view. Best place imo is three quarters way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,709 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got 4 tickets for Cusack Stand Lower Section 308 Row SS 29-32 for the Kilkenny vs Waterford match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

PTH2009 wrote: »
    got 4 tickets for Cusack Stand Lower Section 308 Row SS 29-32 for the Kilkenny vs Waterford match

I was just having a look on tickets.ie for myself....
    Cusack Stand Lower Section 308 Row TT Seat 30... I'd be right behind you :p:p

I'll probably end up going for Hogan Stand tickets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

The Cusack. Urgh.

Donegal to Croke Park is about 3 hours (with a 'normal' driver), the big tree to the Cusack- about the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

The Cusack. Urgh.

Donegal to Croke Park is about 3 hours (with a 'normal' driver), the big tree to the Cusack- about the same.

That would be the drink Nidge ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The Cusack. Urgh.

I heard a rumour there's some other pubs near croke park. Could be bull**** though, sneaky dub trickery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Young lad was playing in Croker last week. We had to park up in the carpark behind the Davin, then walk around to the Cusack to gain entry - the walk was longer than the match..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

For those with Cusack tickets, enter through the Hogan and walk around inside. It's much faster.

It's only for big matches you'd have people checking your tickets and stopping you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

THFC wrote: »
    For those with Cusack tickets, enter through the Hogan and walk around inside. It's much faster.

It's only for big matches you'd have people checking your tickets and stopping you.

This is my usual trick. "Ah g'wan, me feet are bolloxed HI"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    if Donegal and Mayo make it in, I'd expect there'll be few if any tickets distributed via the ticket agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FBremner3

Can anyone tell me which seats are better out of 326 Row FF or 406 Row SS

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

406 is premium seating in the middle of the pitch. Doubt it's row SS if 406. 706 maybe?

Advertisement