Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best value fitness equipment.

Comments

Dunno how they compare pound for pound (or euro for euro) but I bought a bit of gear of D8 before and, aside from being great to deal with, I remember thinking I got a great deal.

It was a few months back though so can't recall prices everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,612 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Schwiiing wrote: »

Those multi gyms are pretty poorly built. They are designed and built to be cheaply. I would trust one with any sort of weight on them.
    The attachments are all unnecessary. A bench with less parts would be a lot more stable.
    Flat bench, free standing rack (with spotter arms if you like) and a oly bar covers most of your requirements. Adding bells and whistles probably detracts from the quality imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭bonyn

Get a bench that goes flat, incline, decline and 90 degrees (if ya need that) in as simple a movement as possible. Some have fiddly pins, others mightn't do certain angles.
    I've a fairly simple york bench. I noticed a more complex one they do with more positions, and when you read the reviews people say it's a nightmare to adjust.

I got a good value, separate squat rack which is handy for the starting position for the barbell when doing bench press. But if budget isn't an issue definitely get the spotter arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Depends how much you are willing to spend.

The bench you have above is absolute crap.
    Very light, will have thin padding, probably be wobbly and will have a very low max weight capacity.

Go to a proper supplier of equipment and while you'll pay more it will be quality gear and will also have a resale value if you ever decide to sell.

If you can splash the cash get a full rack, if not I'd go for this.

https://irishlifting.ie/gym-equipment/squat-rack/
    https://irishlifting.ie/gym-equipment/flat-incline-bench/
    https://irishlifting.ie/gym-equipment/iron-tri-grip-weight-set/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

I would look at second hand, better quality gear if it were me. I bought a squat cage, with cable pulley attachment, good bench and Olympic bar with 130kg of plates for 500€ off donedeal 8 years ago. I use it 3-4 times a week and its all still perfect. New that set would be about 800 euro which isn't bad when you consider its almost a lifetime job and they hold their value if you do decide its not for you and want to sell.

I previously bought a cheaper set like the ones you linked and they were s waste of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 fitness08

Fitness Equipment Dublin provides quality fitness equipment in Ireland. They provide the best value fitness equipment for a home setup

They provide weight benches, barbell bars, weight plates, boxing equipment, exercise bike, etc.

Advertisement