Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurbished Dell OptiPlex, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD - €165 w. free delivery

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

not really a great deal but thanks for posting anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Seem quite expensive. Those must 10yrs old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Doubt it could even play 720p videos smoothly. Completely obsolete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

are these really that bad ?

jma wrote: »

Coming soon to a local college or library near you!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

sunny2004 wrote: »
    are these really that bad ?

With a monitor and keyboard and mouse it would fetch 70-80 on adverts. Will struggle with full screen youtube even simple the ngs like crbeebies for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

That's me out.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

I bought a load (15) of 2011 Dell Optiplex 380's (core duo, quad and pentium) including Dell monitors for €75 each. Unusually 5 of them actually had W7 Ultimate COA's. This really is no bargain.

The problem with them is they have very poor onboard graphics.

You'd need a minimum of 2.6ghz cpus to be usuable. But there no reason to buy one when you can get an i3 for about the same price on adverts. Which is only 2yrs old vs 10yrs for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

beauf wrote: »
    The problem with them is they have very poor onboard graphics.

You'd need a minimum of 2.6ghz cpus to be usuable. But there no reason to buy one when you can get an i3 for about the same price on adverts. Which is only 2yrs old vs 10yrs for these.

honestly I'd have no use for it even if i got it free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,090 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Performance wise it's probably no faster than todays atom processors and the graphics not as fast. And uses a hell of a lot more power and make more noise

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Virtual

I got a Dell Quad Core Q6600 (great CPU's) with 4GB of RAM and a 250GB HDD, a 17" display, keyboard and mouse for like 130 including delivery euro off eBay a few months ago.
    The Q6600 can still hold its own on many tasks.

This deal doesn't list what CPU it is exactly, but a dual core 1.8Ghz is not worth it for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Doubt it could even play 720p videos smoothly. Completely obsolete.

Not a good deal - but don't exaggerate... It comes with E2180...

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Why is this thing running Win 10? There is only 2GB RAM.

My old laptop has a 2GHz CoreDuo 3GB RAM. But has a decent gfx card and a SSD. Runs all web stuff and 1080p fine. The SSD makes a huge difference.

But it's 10yrs old. Make no sense to buy something of that age when you can buy something vastly newer for the same price. Anything could fail on my laptop, all the electronics are old. Ive repaired it umpeen timesto keep it going. It's the equivalent of 25yr old car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

grogi wrote: »
    Not a good deal - but don't exaggerate... It comes with E2180...

And q965 chipset with gma3000 graphics it may do 720p in a standalone player like vlc but in my experience you could forget about 720p in browser or anything flash or html 5 based.

People are quite literally wasting their own time buying crap like this, who wants to sit waiting several minutes for something to boot, shutdown, restart, sleep, load, disk thrashing etc. You'd have to put very very little value on your own time to put up with something like this.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

They're essentially selling an office worth of 10 year old PC's, that someone has made sure to wipe and install Windows 10 on. They are old, slow and not worth the money. Avoid avoid avoid. A new atom powered tablet/netbook would be a much better buy imo, and it would run modern applications and web a whole lot better than these machines can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Certainly not a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

I'm in the market for a new bargain laptop. Max spend 300... Ideally 200-250. General use... Browsing, you tube etc.

Can anyone give me a couple of options/ideas please.

Thanks

For that sort of price I'd look at second hand 14 inch Lenovo t series... t430 or t410
    Or for 12.5 inch x220 or x230

• Advertisement

Where is the best place to buy lenovo, online?

I saw a HP EliteBook 8470P i5 €299 refurbished online from a place in naas. Any opinions on that?

wizardman wrote: »
    Where is the best place to buy lenovo, online?

Lots on eBay... Probably lots of non lenovo options too

Or if looking for new, maybe look for budget i3 on sale

Lots on eBay... Probably lots of non lenovo options too

Or if looking for new, maybe look for budget i3 on sale

Doesn't have to be new. Gives me some information to get started. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

This seems to be way Groupon are going ...downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

This literally a PC a business chucked out years ago, probably been sitting in a warehouse the last 4 years. You can get a lenovo stick pc for 99 sterling, its been 50 quid a few times recently. Its probably as powerful as this and has more graphics umph. There have also been a nice few celeron mini PCs in bargain alerts in the past.

This sort of pc is worth 40 quid at best and at that its probably going to start dieing sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

These are ancient - maybe 8 or 9 years old? As mentioned before, search Adverts or eBay and you'll get much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭kod12

Perfect cheers for that any recommendations. I do a lot of video editing on Premiere Pro so would need decent RAM and graphics card is there any specs i should have bare mimimum cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

kod12 wrote: »
    Perfect cheers for that any recommendations. I do a lot of video editing on Premiere Pro so would need decent RAM and graphics card is there any specs i should have bare mimimum cheers

The processor is the most important factor in your search. Those machines you linked to are 10 years old, or at least very close to it. I run a machine of that vintage with 16GB of RAM. It runs Windows 10 okay, it struggles with playing 1080p videos, and I wouldn't want to be rendering video on it these days.

You'd probably be best off building your own desktop PC to be honest.

Advertisement