Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Gypsy Doppelbock

Options
  • 14-07-2016 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Hi all

To my dismay White Gypsy are no longer producing their Doppelbock so I am looking for an alternative of a similar style.
    I find a lot of the IPAs around quite bitter for my taste so any thing else I should consider

Any suggestions appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

no other Irish Doppelbock than I can think of...

Karmeliten Kloster Doppelbock
    can be hard to find...but seems to pop up every now and again often in Spar shops

thought it was much nicer than the more highly rated Ayinger Celebrator.

Maybe also something a little different...how about
    a Baltic Porter from Baltikas or Uternos
    might surprise yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

White Hag and Flying Dog were my favourite Bocks but both dont b=seem available anymore. I love the Ayinger Celebrator, Karmeliten is good, And Union Beastof the Deep is good although not a doppel bock as such. Hirsch Doppel is very nice, had a n Italian one last Xmas, Birrificio i think it may be called, was lovely, ordered from McHughs.

Advertisement