Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FPL 2016 Pay Leagues and Prize Leagues

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

CSF wrote: »
    Would advise you to captain someone that you know he doesn't have if this is a priority for you. Because otherwise I fear you may be f*cked.

Mini leagues and overall rank more of a priority than a cup competition for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

KevIRL wrote: »
    Would advise you to captain someone that you know he doesn't have if this is a priority for you. Because otherwise I fear you may be f*cked.

A grand is a lot of money. I've a lot of big h2hs this week so I've also bench boosted.

As expected his BB is active.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A grand is alot to play for and a risk worth taking imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

I can't talk. I made 5 transfers in anticipation of my 2nd leg this week. But they were profitable transfers even last week (hoping the profit continues) so it wasn't exactly sabotaging my team for this either.

Hoping you can win this week, as if I do make it through my tie, that's a stress that I wouldn't want to be dealing with in the next round.

Have a 2pt lead over you going into 2nd leg day of Harps Europa league, but not overly confident. Think you definitely have the advantage on paper, nervous of the likes of Vardy and Carroll, both could do well this week

... just after spotting you used bench boost. I'll need a miracle ; )

34 points behind after tonight.

I have Sanchez x2, aguero, origi, JWP, siggy and Adam Smith (lol) V his coutinho, Redmond, son, king, Bertrand, bavies and mig.

Goosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

We have an additional prize for the Bohs FF comp.The April top dog can look forward to lunch for 2 in the brilliantly-named Cowtown Cafe in Manor St (D7).Hope there haven't been any 40 point hits beforehand. ;)

A good 2nd half today saw me sneak through in the Harps Champions League and Europa League

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

A good 2nd half today saw me sneak through in the Harps Champions League and Europa League

Good luck in the next round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Through in Harps Europa League.

FHFC wrote: »
    Through in Harps Europa League.

That's Harps and Bohs through!

That's Harps and Bohs through!

Just like the EA sports cup! :)

See ya in the semis! :D

Just like the EA sports cup! :)

See ya in the semis! :D

:D The EAsy Cup!

I'll be honest with you FHFC, you weren't a preferred choice to get in the quarter finals of the Europa.

I'll be honest with you FHFC, you weren't a preferred choice to get in the quarter finals of the Europa.

Likewise. Hmm.

• Advertisement

You're on wildcard aswell aren't you?

Nope.

Any other hints i can give ya?? ;)

Nope.

Any other hints i can give ya?? ;)
    Sure it'd make no odds, my hand has been dealt barring bad team news from here on out. Clash of the FSA Premier League titans.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Tony Gammell wins this.Not bad for a tenner's investment!

Guess who 😀👌

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Guess who 😀👌

:D Nice one.

• Advertisement

Shennanigans in my Harps Champions League Quarter Final. My opponent took a 24 point hit the week before our first leg and took a 40 point hit last GW - the week before our second leg.
    Same guy banked, in what has to go down as an unexpected move. Draw hasn't been made yet, the lack of an email being the only reason I can think of why he hasn't gotten at the team.

Sure it'd make no odds, my hand has been dealt barring bad team news from here on out. Clash of the FSA Premier League titans.

Son of a gun. Tie over already.

King autosub the final indignity. ;)

Son of a gun. Tie over already.

King autosub the final indignity. ;)
    I definitely wouldn't go as far as tie over. I've taken a nice lead and I'd like to think I have a nice team next week to defend that lead. But you just gotta look at Son's score today to see how quickly my lead could be eaten into with the right differentials.

Harps CL semi final draw out. Managed to avoid the all-Boards clash of myself and AidySevenfold. He got the lad who has been making all the transfers on the offweeks. I got the other lad.

Between that and my 2nd leg in the EL against FHFC, GW33 looks like one that will make a huge difference in my season.

Harps CL semi final draw out. Managed to avoid the all-Boards clash of myself and AidySevenfold. He got the lad who has been making all the transfers on the offweeks. I got the other lad.

Between that and my 2nd leg in the EL against FHFC, GW33 looks like one that will make a huge difference in my season.

Based on our various discussions, assuming we're not feeding each other red herrings, I'd be best buying an Captaining Kane. But that's not what I want to do. Probably. ;)

Based on our various discussions, assuming we're not feeding each other red herrings, I'd be best buying an Captaining Kane. But that's not what I want to do. Probably. ;)
    That shock on Saturday morning when you see I've secretly captained Kane :)

That shock on Saturday morning when you see I've secretly captained Kane :)

It would be ultimate FSA treachery. Possibly worthy of a ban! :D

Hustlers gotta hustle.

United game was disastrous for me in my Harps CL Semi Final first leg. After last night I was 6 ahead with Alonso and Sanchez vs Rashford and Valencia. With only one point from Robertson to come off the bench for Alonso, I am needing Sanchez to refind his form/position tomorrow night.

United game was disastrous for me in my Harps CL Semi Final first leg. After last night I was 6 ahead with Alonso and Sanchez vs Rashford and Valencia. With only one point from Robertson to come off the bench for Alonso, I am needing Sanchez to refind his form/position tomorrow night.

Congrats in the Europa. Was all over last week thanks to Son.

• Advertisement

Congrats in the Europa. Was all over last week thanks to Son.
    Thanks, to be honest when we lined up with 9 of the same players and the same captain, it didn't look too promising for the big swing.

Don't think it looks too promising for me in any case with 2 of the other 3 likely semi-finalists having wildcards itching to go for GW36.

Through to the Harps' Europa League semis after nearly 90 minutes of sheer terror tonight (every time Sanchez got the ball)...phew!:)

Through to the Harps' Europa League semis after nearly 90 minutes of sheer terror tonight (every time Sanchez got the ball)...phew!:)
    I'm against yourself in the semis, I can't seem to avoid drawing boardsies in this. With you having chips galore and a ranking that high, I'm probably figuring that this is my less likely chance of making a final out of my 2 approaching semi finals in the Harps cups.

I'm against yourself in the semis, I can't seem to avoid drawing boardsies in this. With you having chips galore and a ranking that high, I'm probably figuring that this is my less likely chance of making a final out of my 2 approaching semi finals in the Harps cups.

In truth I'm also fearful!When I looked at the 3 possible opponents' teams the other day my gut feeling was that you'd be the least favourable draw!!Best of luck in the other semi CSF.;)

In truth I'm also fearful!When I looked at the 3 possible opponents' teams the other day my gut feeling was that you'd be the least favourable draw!!Best of luck in the other semi CSF.;)
    Best of luck to you too, here's hoping whichever of us wins here can bring it home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

"Dan ‏@LfcDan 2h2 hours ago
    Got a @FreshPressUK PL fantasy football league set up: 10352-10829

We’ll sort some sort of cash prize out for the winner. Anyone can join."

Any update on what the prize is for this one? It was posted on the first page, and I am quite close to the top as it stands.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Any update on what the prize is for this one? It was posted on the first page, and I am quite close to the top as it stands.

What did they say when you asked them?

F1ngers wrote: »
    What did they say when you asked them?

I didn't ask them personally, though the league does seem to be somewhat popular. There are 190 people in total - I am going to sent them an email now.

I'm currently top of Man City's E-Sports representative Kez Brown's league, but he has since taken the video with the league code down. He better cough up, the fifteen league spots are priceless and I would have liked to enter the FFS cup.

Best of luck to you too, here's hoping whichever of us wins here can bring it home

Not a bad day for you in both comps CSF!

• Advertisement

Not a bad day for you in both comps CSF!
    The other Cup isn't til next week unfortunately but yeah great day. I've Alonso and Hazard to play Tuesday and then I think we've the same amount of players Wednesday and Thursday so I think the Chelsea game will probably be a big one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

These lads didn't get back to me. What a disappointment.

In genre free entry leagues are a waste of time lads. Always are. Always will be.

In genre free entry leagues are a waste of time lads. Always are. Always will be.
    Absolutely. I'd only stick them in if I had League spaces to fill.

That Alli to Tadic, Costa enabler transfer has effectively ended me. Out of the Harps CL by 3 points and clinging onto my EL place by a thread.

• Advertisement

That Alli to Tadic, Costa enabler transfer has effectively ended me. Out of the Harps CL by 3 points and clinging onto my EL place by a thread.

That's a pity CSF...it'll be a tense night for us tomorrow.

That's a pity CSF...it'll be a tense night for us tomorrow.
    Cheers, you need 4 points from Coutinho right? 3 would see me win on a tiebreaker if BPs stay the same and I've counted correctly.

Cheers, you need 4 points from Coutinho right? 3 would see me win on a tiebreaker if BPs stay the same and I've counted correctly.

We have visitors resulting in me not doing a count!!Looks like I'll need Coutinho to do something other than being booked!Kane booking was very costly.:(

Best of luck in the final CSF (I somehow doubt that Coutinho will get bonus points ;))

Best of luck in the final CSF (I somehow doubt that Coutinho will get bonus points ;))
    Not a nice way to win it, I know all too well after yesterday how tough ridiculously narrow defeats can be. Hope you keep on the up for the season and can get well inside that top 5k.

I'm against a guy who wildcarded last week, has 3 of both Arsenal and Southampton (blessing or curse?) and will almost certainly bench boost this week. I'm an underdog, no getting away from that. I'd have swapped which final to be in very happily.

• Advertisement
Advertisement