Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep Space Nine Runthrough

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I’m doing a rewatch of DS9.

I’m at Season 4 when Sisko goes to Earth with Odo due to the dominion threat.

When Sisko arrives he changes uniform into the uniform used in TNG (red along chest with black on shoulders), while DS9 uniform had the reverse.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Evade

The TNG style uniform seems to be a slightly more formal one than the DS9 style jumpsuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Rawr

bazermc wrote: »
    I’m doing a rewatch of DS9.

I’m at Season 4 when Sisko goes to Earth with Odo due to the dominion threat.

When Sisko arrives he changes uniform into the uniform used in TNG (red along chest with black on shoulders), while DS9 uniform had the reverse.

Why?

My own head-canon theory is that the TNG-style uniform was a sort of Inner-Fleet / Starfleet Command variant while the colour shoulder-pad variant was for the Outer Fleet / Deep Space stations. Excusing the Generations f*ck-ups with wardrobe, you might explain it away be saying that the Inner Fleet was in the process of adopting the Outer Fleet's uniform ahead of a fleet-wide change to the Grey uniforms.

I sort of apply this rule in Lower Decks to the uniforms of the Soritos, which I'm calling the "Low Risk" Fleet uniform, while the Grey uniform is still in use with the "High Risk" Fleet, which is why I think USS Titan still uses it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,847 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Uniforms were always a bit tricky, you used to see extras on TNG still in the season 1-2 jump suits with the diamond line collar bone while the main crew had moved to the two piece. Then there was Picards jacket and O'Briens rank insignia. It was only 3 seasons in when they took off that Ensign pip.

Advertisement