Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Track Day participation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Hahaha and now I know you N.D. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

YbFocus wrote: »
    Hahaha and now I know you N.D. :D

Nope. Close thou.

Nope. Close thou.

Damn, thought it was that mans car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

I've seen that X5 towing the beast at Mondello before :P

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭s14driftking

YbFocus wrote: »
    Damn, thought it was that mans car!

It used to be I bought it off him. I'm p.s. Quiet possible I know u to do I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Im currentlöy living 4hr drive from the 'ring, trying to convince myself to grow a pair and rent a ring car and just do it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

If any of you have been to trackdays this year at Mondello, or done Autoheroes, I would have been the instructor in the Mazda 3, giving people pointers and tips.

Its well worth jumping in for a few laps with me, just to see how to maximise your car out on track. Its amazing to see drivers, with pretty good cars, just doing it all wrong!! Not everyone mind you, but a good few.
    The Mazda 3 is a 1.6, standard engined car, and just by doing things properly, you can keep up with, and pass much more powerful cars. As they say, anyone can go quick in a straight line....

If you do bring your car to a trackday, mind it. Give it plenty of breaks during the day, and defo do a cool down lap if you can before coming in.

Kersh wrote: »
    If any of you have been to trackdays this year at Mondello, or done Autoheroes, I would have been the instructor in the Mazda 3, giving people pointers and tips.

Its well worth jumping in for a few laps with me, just to see how to maximise your car out on track. Its amazing to see drivers, with pretty good cars, just doing it all wrong!! Not everyone mind you, but a good few.
    The Mazda 3 is a 1.6, standard engined car, and just by doing things properly, you can keep up with, and pass much more powerful cars. As they say, anyone can go quick in a straight line....

If you do bring your car to a trackday, mind it. Give it plenty of breaks during the day, and defo do a cool down lap if you can before coming in.

Not bad! I assume it's fully stripped out to cut down on weight and such?

shietpilot wrote: »
    Not bad! I assume it's fully stripped out to cut down on weight and such?

The back seats are removed, and a safety cage fitted, thats about it. Cage replaces the seat weight pretty much!

You dont a need a massive quick car to instruct. And it handles deadly!!

The back seats are removed, and a safety cage fitted, thats about it. Cage replaces the seat weight pretty much!

You dont a need a massive quick car to instruct. And it handles deadly!!

Very cool! I was roughly getting the same pace out of my diesel Focus which has a bit more power. That was with some crappy Chinese tyres though and less driving skills :D

I need to come back and give it a try again :P

The Mazda is what 105 hp?

• Advertisement

shietpilot wrote: »
    Very cool! I was roughly getting the same pace out of my diesel Focus which has a bit more power. That was with some crappy Chinese tyres though and less driving skills :D

I need to come back and give it a try again :P

The Mazda is what 105 hp?

Yep, thats the one. Next day, drop over, and we'll go out and see if we can coax more time out of you :D

Ill be available in Pitlane all day for instruction, for anyone thats signed on as a driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    In a rental! If your going to do it just take it handy and enjoy the experience. If you try to push it on don't say I didn't warn you.

I really don't want to have to say "I told you so" :pac:
    Suzuki Swift Sport rental with fuel etc all in is 160euro and 70e for each extra lap :pac:

A 125i is about 40euro more but ive seen enough RWD disaster videos on the 'Ring :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

^^^ Ha ha, saw quite few lads there who chose driving to the limits of their car, as opposed to their skill level..although they all got a bit further than that!

And if it's raining, then stay in bed...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

The Mazda 3 is a 1.6, standard engined car.

I was the first to like your post when you put up the Pic, Kersh. But that sounds like Mickey Mouse sh1t man

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Jesus. wrote: »
    I was the first to like your post when you put up the Pic, Kersh. But that sounds like Mickey Mouse sh1t man

We'd all love to drive an F1 car but you gotta start somewhere. I drove one of the Mazda 3's last year in the Fiesta Cup Sponsorship Challenge and it was very entertaining. Pretty standard car bar the cage and rear seats but handled great.

Better to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow.

It's one of the school cars so plenty enough to be a first stage car :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Fair point boys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Im currentlöy living 4hr drive from the 'ring, trying to convince myself to grow a pair and rent a ring car and just do it :o

Ring garage, of boosted Boris fame does fairly cheap rentals and you might even get to catch a few pokemon while over there :pac:
    Or of you've got lots of moolah, they'll rent you there vln cars

If you do rent something, look into the excess on them if you crash! Some can be quite expensive

Also for anyone who is bored on Sunday mornings, bridge2gantry do a live feed and walk-around the car parks. Generally coincides when the track is closed and he can't drive his ringtaxi
    What a day job

Pic? What pic?

Trust me, its not all about the power. You gotta know what you are at. Ask the lads in the civics and what not, that cant keep up! And even more powerful cars, when it rains :D

They are the cars we use for the Race School, its not like I get a choice. Plenty quick enough when driven properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Suzuki Swift Sport rental with fuel etc all in is 160euro and 70e for each extra lap :pac:

A 125i is about 40euro more but ive seen enough RWD disaster videos on the 'Ring :o
    That's very interesting to know. I'm going to look into this, thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement