Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which past ufc fights should I watch?

Options
  • 08-07-2016 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, basically I was dragged into MMA on the mcgregor bandwagon but I'm absolutely in love with the sport now, can't wait for 200 tomorrow night. A year and a half ago I probably couldn't name 3 ufc fighters but getting to know them all now slowly. Just looking for some of the best fights over the last few years.

(If there is similar thread I apologise but I searched the last few pages and couldn't find anything)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

lawler v mcdonald

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

lawler v mcdonald

Thanks. Ya I seen that live was the first fight I ever seen without mcgregor. I can remember being stunned by the complete war going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Hey guys, basically I was dragged into MMA on the mcgregor bandwagon but I'm absolutely in love with the sport now, can't wait for 200 tomorrow night. A year and a half ago I probably couldn't name 3 ufc fighters but getting to know them all now slowly. Just looking for some of the best fights over the last few years.

(If there is similar thread I apologise but I searched the last few pages and couldn't find anything)
    watch choke to understand the importance of gracie and the change of mindset

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Alot of great fights were posted here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057542811

You should watch old Pride cards. Unbelievable cards, fighters and fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Thanks lads exactly what I was looking for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Thanks lads exactly what I was looking for

Well worth watching a few of the early years of tuf too. 4, 5 and 14 are probably the best ones to start with. Season 10 is good too with Roy Nelson, Kimbo, Schaub and Mittrione but only really if you enjoy Rampage if you don't find him entertaining then it'll probably drive you mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

lawler v mcdonald

most memorable fight for me. have watched it over and over again! that was on the same night as a mcgregor fight so a lot of people who wouldnt have watched ufc ever tuned in. total meltdown! :D one of the more gruesome fights and the mammies lost their sh1t over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

lawler v mcdonald

That whole event has to be up there with the best ever. Only 1 or 2 fights that weren't brilliant that night

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭bigmc23

TimRiggins wrote:
    You should watch old Pride cards. Unbelievable cards, fighters and fights.

Pride was fixed though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

melendez vs sanchez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

lawler v mcdonald

+1000

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

lawler v condit

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nathan G

lawler v condit was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Diaz lawler

Sanchez penn

Gsp serra 1

Penn hughes

Griffin bonnar

Liddell ortiz

Early belfort

Juiced belfort

Any wanderlei silva fights

Any Anderson silva fights

Gonzaga cro cop

Any joe lauzon

All of ufc dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Rousey v Holm was a cracker too I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nathan G

Myrddin wrote: »
    Rousey v Holm was a cracker too I thought.

Yeah that fight was great. Well worth a watch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Marco Polo Reyes v Dong Hyun Kim first prelim on 199 well worth a watch.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jimmii wrote: »
    Well worth watching a few of the early years of tuf too. 4, 5 and 14 are probably the best ones to start with. Season 10 is good too with Roy Nelson, Kimbo, Schaub and Mittrione but only really if you enjoy Rampage if you don't find him entertaining then it'll probably drive you mad!

Rampage is hilarious in that, how could any one not find him entertaining. The bit where he keeps going on about Roy Nelson's 'big ol' belly' was just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Rampage is hilarious in that, how could any one not find him entertaining. The bit where he keeps going on about Roy Nelson's 'big ol' belly' was just brilliant.

People be crazy yo. He's brilliant every time in MMA hour it's funny when Ariel isn't 100% sure if he's joking or not he's got some solid dead pan skills!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Diaz vs Sanchez UFC fight night from about 2007...the ground version of Griffin Bonnar, love that fight.

Also Hughes Trigg UFC 52(?) - love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Great timing from the UFC YouTube channel

Leonard Garcia vs The Korean Zombie from the WEC is amazing too.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x251jvw_leonard-garcia-vs-chan-sung-jung-wec-48-2010-04-24_shortfilms

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Shogun vs Henderson.
    GSP vs Penn II.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Weidman vs Rockhold was an interesting one too (from a "Stop, he's already dead" standpoint)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I'm gonna pick events to watch again, gonna start with 66, was a big night in vegas some good scraps too.

Advertisement