Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel 6950X (and product line)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭dunworth1

What is the point of this thread and what is the point of the video.

Why does this thread need a point?
    Intel have a tried and proven track record - they have nothing to prove but AMD has to pretty much pull a golden rabbit out of the hat. Like with their GPUs, their CPUs have to do more than just be 'decent' for people to switch back to AMD in large numbers. They need to be exceptional.

Why must people turn every cpu/gpu thread into an amd bashing contest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pointing out AMD's obvious shortfalls is not AMD bashing. Not sure how you figured that. AMD have fallen way behind Intel in CPU development since 2006. That's a fact. AMD are suffering poor sales and are in a poor financial state....also a fact. Pointing out either fact and discussing future products based on these facts is hardly 'bashing'.

'Bashing' is generally mindless attack of a brand, person, company, product, whatever by virtue of what or who they are. Informed opinion is hardly bashing. Should AMD be exempt from criticism for some reason?

This thread is centered on multi-core, heavily threaded CPU's. Someone mentioned Zen due to it's planned architecture. I commented on that. Bashing doesn't come into it nor was it hi-jacked or turned into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Those may be facts but is there a need to mention them in every thread that someone mentions AMD?

We all know AMD have been struggling to catch up since Intel were buying the market

If this thread was an Intel v AMD thread I would say fair enough but this thread is primarily about high end processors and why people buy/don't buy them over cheaper versions.

Every thread either amd/nvidia or intel/amd people come in stating amd are poor and you should get the other.
    It's getting to a stage where is almost
    worse than the xbox v ps4 type stuff

Edit: just to state that i'm not attacking you or your opinion I'm making a comment regarding the general direction threads seem to go when it's either of the above mentioned brands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Amd is starting to look good with dx12 because of their many core approach , who'd of thunk that last year , ay .

I'm conflicted...... I don't know weather to laugh or roll my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭thegreenbean

The thread is definitely relevant but the cpu is not. I don't know why intel even launched it tbh. From what i can make out, it's just there for there's sake? I'd be much happier to have a 12 core xeon, 2 extra cores and 200 euro cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Redfox25

It's a bargain. Will pair it with my 1080gtx and am set for minesweeper and mine craft for life.

(This is sarcasm in case anyone doesn't get it)

Advertisement