Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotland + cucumber

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Good stuff, will you be moving out that way?

We're in Prestonpans so nice little drive down the coast road! At some point I can see us moving further down that way but for now we prefer to not be any further from the city centre its less than 15 minutes to Waverley but still far enough out to be rural enough. Nice to be able to afford a sea view too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭SM01

I must be the only person to find LA favorita overrated. Nice but nothing special. Oregano on Leith Walk though is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'd probably agree, better than the chain places but I've not gone running back for one.

Went to the new bar in the West End on Saturday, Voyage of Bucks (where Bert's used to be on William Street). Really good, handy for a bit of food too down that end of town if you're having a few pints and don't want to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Is the cucumber deep-fried too?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Is the cucumber deep-fried too?

I'm sure you could get that done if you wanted. There's not much you cannae get battered here.

• Advertisement

I love cucumber. My second favourite salad food after celery.

This thread has for some strange reason got me looking into cucumbers on the internet and apparently they're very beneficial to your health, and can even help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and certain types of cancer!

So, if the Scottish people consume loads of cucumbers in their wraps, sandwiches etc, perhaps they unwittingly have a very healthy diet or at least the valiant cucumber balances out the adverse effects of deep fried haggis etc :D

Read more about the health benefits of under-rated and oft-maligned cucumber here: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=42

*God, I must be really bored today.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I bought a kebab yesterday in a place off Haymarket and when I got home I found that it had cucumber in it! It's the first time I've ever seen it in a kebab. Imediately thought of this thread :p And to be fair it worked really well in it!

Advertisement